Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warbringer 9th june!london underworld

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warbringer 9th june!london underworld

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:55 pm

James wrote:I actually have no idea who Warbringer are!

so you still havent got the earache thrashing like a maniac compilation yet? [-(

they also featured on the free metal hammer thrash c.d this month with another song.

check em out!
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:50 pm

I don't know who they are either. I didn't get the compilation either, I just bought the Mutant track off itunes so I could get annoyed by the drum sound but enjoy everything else.
jonny_boy34

Postby STD_Caps on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:06 pm

I really like the Warbringer track. I'll try to get to this - always good to see the Nebs too.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:08 am

and gama bomb too!
so now 3 great bands;2 of the best,finest UK bands supporting a great US headliner!
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Steve on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:51 pm

They're playing Wacken :dance:
GoreBastard wrote:Trust those black metal folk to take their music to the next level of gay!

Steve

Postby Bastard Child on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:51 am

It's tonight. :rockdevil:

Anybody who needs ticket Neb's have still got more to sell which are cheaper than buying at the door.
Bastard Child

Postby Steve on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:09 pm

I'll be there, I have curly hair and will be wearing a Pitiful Reign shirt, you won't be able to miss me!
GoreBastard wrote:Trust those black metal folk to take their music to the next level of gay!

Steve

Postby Spencer on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:13 pm

Should be a good one tonight, looking forward to seeing Gama Bomb again, they were mad last night!
Spencer

Postby MetalZed on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:23 pm

Going to the Edinburgh gig, woo! Anyone got any idea who else (if anyone) is supporting? Cheers.
MetalZed

Postby Dian Wei on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:45 pm

i canne afford to go, but i think i would actually die if i did.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Shugmaster on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:49 pm

MetalZed wrote:Going to the Edinburgh gig, woo! Anyone got any idea who else (if anyone) is supporting? Cheers.

It is only Warbringer and Gama Bomb as far as I know.
Shugmaster

Postby thrashduck on Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Bloody hell, you chaps in London are having it right off at the moment... wankers.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby zykloned on Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:48 pm

NEBUKADNEZZLE!!

Well looking forward to this my nizzles!
zykloned

Postby STD_Caps on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:23 pm

Unfortunately I have to commit to school tomorrow. What a shit. Have fun people...
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby radioactive rik on Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:50 am

well,after one amazing gig/day(sunday the 8th)comes another blinder of a day.
woke up in london(many thanks to the kind forum member on here{you know who you are}for putting me up and letting me stay,it was a really great,enjoyable sunday night/monday morning experience,really appreciated)
in the afternoon i ended up as a part time unintentional roadie for one of the bands at this gig(it was an honour)aswell as picking up all my bonestorm/streetfighter2 gear.
anyway the gig started with anger management,not my cup of tea really.(im really glad the line up was changed as it got this set over and done with soonest,as the other 2 support were miles better)
up 2nd were nebukadnezza with some classic middle finger waving/chanting going on by donny and the crowd.some great new tunes and its good to see/hear a band with such a fresh variety of defferent set songs each time.
then gama bomb(2nd time in 2 days!!)blew the place away with their chaotic feel good set.again a pretty mad mosh going on and plenty of singing along/qiuck chants by crowdmembers down the microphone.even a shout out/computer game tribute from Philly to the hammer slammer support lyricist and streetfighter 2 champion Tom Ludlow/Atom just before an awesome rendition of final fight.
and like i said in the sabbat thread gama bomb sets are madder every time. and this was the first stage invasion id ever seen/witnessed(encouraged by Philly himself)so it was good to headbang up on the now even smaller stage for a bit during the last track.also chants of "we want more""ga-ma-bomb" and stamping feet are becoming a regular occurence after any gama bomb act which is great considering if its a night when they are support.(even at sabbat,being on first they left the zombie like crowd craving more musical guts)
then onto warbringer,some your more brutal style lyrical thrash with a "war" style thrash assault and it still had nice touches of party thrash riffing and cliche style subjects ie:beneath the waves(about sharks)my fave track on the album and a perfect encore.although the crowd had got a tad smaller,there was still plenty of rocking being done and violent circling/moshing/diving going on.3 great bands in a row.
to top the evening off(and my last 2 most excellent days in a row ever)there was an afterparty over the road for the gama bomb album launch.plenty of chatting,drinking and carefully picked storming thrash tunes playing.
an amazing finishing touch to it all.
anyway its past my bedtime and ive only eaten a bowl of shredded wheat since 6o'clock saturday evening.
im off to raid the kitchen now...
ImageImage
radioactive rik