Welcome to UK Thrash!

Recording drums

Chat about playing musical instruments

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:04 pm

Hey Tim

We're based in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset

We haven't got anything lined up recording wise at the mo, just had a member change so getting everything together before writing/ recording any more :)

Cheers :)

Harris
thrash metal maniac

Postby Tim Batkin on Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:01 pm

Nice one - your down the M5 from us then. Hope it all goes well with the writing, and when you are ready to record and if you are struggling sorting out your drum sounds - give me a pm and I see if I can help you out with the mighty TD20 :wink:

Best wishes,

Tim
Tim Batkin

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:52 pm

Cheers mate, we may be able to do them at our local 6th form, since our drummer and 2 of our mates do music there, but we'll see!!! :) thanks Tim!!!!

:rockdevil:
thrash metal maniac

Postby Tim Batkin on Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:35 pm

OK Doke - let me know if you need help -

I also have a ddrum 4 SE cast precision, Alesis DM5, but to be honest the TD20 blows them away! Used to have a Simmons SDX but that blew up :doh:

I also have a Tama Superstar (1980 vintage), with (and with kind support from Sabian) Neil Peart Paragon cymbals, with clip on mics, and ddrum triggers.

My next phase is to equip my studio with ProTools LE - this is abit in the future - but you would be welcome to come and give it a go - mind you I would have to get back to college to figure out how to drive it :roll:

Did you see the clips of us at Rockfield recording our album??? Its on You Tube just search fro me, or Cynic at Rockfields.

Cheers mate,

Tim
Tim Batkin