Welcome to UK Thrash!

Major Forum Update Complete!

Any comments and/or feedback about the website and forum

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Major Forum Update Complete!

Postby boovidge on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:37 pm

Stop spamming to get your post count back to where it was before Craig savaged it.
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby James on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:52 am

O
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby James on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:52 am

K
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby boovidge on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:36 am

bastard :lol:
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby Nick666 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:48 am

Is it now the ultimate forum version? If yes, I say: Well done!!!
And if you're not a metal head then you might as well be dead...
Nick666

Postby Craig on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:11 pm

Nick666 wrote:Is it now the ultimate forum version? If yes, I say: Well done!!!

Unless anyone has any other constructive comments and relatively easy changes that I can make, then yes this is the final version of the current forum :)
Personal Site | Freelance Web Design | Last.fm

Bash.org wrote:<Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator

Postby Lev on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:43 pm

You could spend forever moving the start of the text a little bit further off the white line. I could put a space at the start of all my posts but I'm damn lazy.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby James on Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

People will notice that the right side corners of the main forum border are now as curvy as the left! Congrats Craig! :P

James
Administrator

Postby Stevedot2 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:19 pm

Lev - Pulverizer wrote:You could spend forever moving the start of the text a little bit further off the white line. I could put a space at the start of all my posts but I'm damn lazy.

And plus it doesn't actually work! lol. Just make the tab/window wider and then you can see all the text. If you can't do that then.... :|
Stevedot2

Postby Craig on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:27 pm

Can anyone give me a screenshot of what it looks like to you, coz it looks fine for me in Firefox 2.0.12 (both Windows XP and Linux) and IE7 (Windows XP) at 1280x1024, and should also look fine at 1024x768 as well.

<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator

Postby Stevedot2 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:44 pm

I think all that needs to be done is for that white vertical line that goes behind the avatar needs to be fixed in a certain position, if possible. Cause if you stretch the window or maximize it that line moves and you can see the whole post. If that makes sense.
Stevedot2

Postby Craig on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:06 am

Stevedot2 wrote:I think all that needs to be done is for that white vertical line that goes behind the avatar needs to be fixed in a certain position, if possible. Cause if you stretch the window or maximize it that line moves and you can see the whole post. If that makes sense.

Aha, I see what you mean now. I've tested the layout and it looks like you're using 800x600 as a screen resolution - generally the case on small screens (below 15" on a TFT flat-panel and below 17" on a CRT tube monitor) - I'd assumed that resolution was hardly ever used!

Another reason is that you're viewing the site with the window resized to 800x600 or below (which is probably the more likely reason) - so if you're viewing it windowed, resize the screen. If not, I'll have a play around next week and see if I can get it working properly at that resolution.

Craig
Administrator

Postby Lev on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:50 am

Stevedot2 wrote:Image

My god, how can you cope with that?

Mines nothing bad, it only happens at home 'cause I use a really old version of IE. Just texts starts right after the white line. So if you start a sentance with 'I' it makes the I look fattt.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby thrash metal maniac on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 pm

looks great to me, XP + Firefox 2.0.0.12 for the win I guess
thrash metal maniac

Postby Craig on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Lev - Pulverizer wrote:I use a really old version of IE

There's your problem then. IE7 has been out for about a year and a half and it's a required Windows Update, so if you haven't upgraded by now then it's your own fault.

A tip - get Firefox. It's a hell of a lot better than IE. Microsoft actually tried - and failed - to rip off Firefox with IE7. Plus Firefox is standards-compliant (as is the whole of this site now). I've even got it skinned to look like IE6 because I prefer that layout.

Craig
Administrator