Welcome to UK Thrash!

Iron Maiden - THE FINAL FRONTIER

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Iron Maiden - THE FINAL FRONTIER

Postby TORSO on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:01 am

The track wasn't anything special but i'll give the album a chance...though I recently listened through Tyranny of Souls again and I forgot how good that was and how hilarious the video for Abduction is.
INTO THE REACTOR!
TORSO

Postby Atom on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 am

Just heard that new track, was total dog-shit weakness.
Atom

Postby Mazz on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:43 am

I'm listening to No Prayer for the Dying.

Holy Smoke

he he
"...maybe we'll play some twister and do some breakdancing?"

http://www.myspace.com/groanuk
http://www.myspace.com/ratzzzass
Mazz

Postby zykloned on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:50 am

Bruce's voice sounds really strained at some points, it's just a bit mneeeeeh really.

I haven't been a fan of most of the recent stuff, and I can't see myself liking this either.

I blame you, Jon Kushner!
zykloned

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Atom wrote:Just heard that new track, was total dog-shit weakness.

Hahaha, I was waiting for Tom's outraged reaction to this song. Brilliant.
jonny_boy34

Postby meluaz on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:26 pm

There has been a large amount of Iron Maiden fans recently just fooling themselves into liking it because they cant deal with the fact its rubbish...
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby TORSO on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:01 am

Their US tour started yesterday. Looking at the setlist it is pretty much just stuff off the last three albums and the new song, I suppose it would be cool to hear tracks off Brave New World.
INTO THE REACTOR!
TORSO

Postby ironballs on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Craig wrote:
ironballs wrote:one average track and the whole Iron Maiden world has collasped .

Correction: one below average track following one very mediocre and borderline rubbish album.

El Dorado would actually fit right in with the general "sound" of AMOLAD, it uses the same layered vocals on the chorus, the same "gritty" guitar tones, the same atmosphere, mood.

Everything else has already been said really, it's disappointing given the potential that Iron Maiden have as a band. I guess if there was one word that summed it up, it would be "tired".

potential? they have benn together for the 30 odd years if they havnt realised their potential by now i doubt it willever happen ,
all bands reach a pinacle in thier carreers Maiden have had thiers .
ironballs

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:28 pm

At least it's not as bad as Nostradamus, eh? Eh, boys?
jonny_boy34

Postby RedBurp on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:43 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:At least it's not as bad as Nostradamus, eh? Eh, boys?

I like Nostradamus but I have a boner for concept albums
RedBurp

Postby origamikid on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:44 am

I liked it. The vocals sounded a bit weak and strained at times (atleast double up the track or something...) they just needed a bit more weight behind 'em! And the lyrics were totally ridicules but I thought it had some good riffs and a cool chorus, to be honest it already is better then AMOLAD.
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:07 am

No way man, I was blasting For The Greater Good Of God in my car on the way home tonight, I don't care what anyone says, it's a fucking amazing song! And it has much more emotional power than that silly El Dorado song.

For those that keep insisting AMOLAD is a bad album, I implore you to have a nice sit down and listen to tracks 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10. The other tracks are quite average, but these particular tracks are actually very very good once you stop expecting them to be as good as Hallowed Be Thy Name and Phantom Of The Opera.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:10 am

I gave The Pilgrim a quick blast the other day, it wasn't too bad. I don't hate AMOLAD, I just think it's quite a snoozefest and we all know they're capable of much better.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Bestial Bill on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:09 am

This new track is utter rubbish tedium.
'Summon the cleansing of this world! Armageddon unleashed upon Earth!'
Bestial Bill

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 pm

James wrote:I gave The Pilgrim a quick blast the other day, it wasn't too bad. I don't hate AMOLAD, I just think it's quite a snoozefest and we all know they're capable of much better.

Yeah well that's a fair point, it is indeed a bit of a snoozefest. My opinions about that album did chage quite drastically for the first few months actually - when I heard These Colours Don't Run, I thought it was shit (although that song is pretty shit anyway), then I started to go mad thinking it was an amazing album, and now after a couple of years, I can listen to the whole thing and think, yeah, it's definitely not their best, but there is some damn good stuff on there when you give it a chance. The main problem is that too many songs repeat the same kind of formula - but I bet if those songs where spread across different albums, they would be liked a whole lot more. Iron Maiden have really always been a formulaic band anyway, it's just AMOLAD was a bit saturated with the same formula (eg. the E/C/G/D and slow intro/outro formulae). But when you look at the songs individually, aside from a couple of duff ones, a lot of them are very mature and pretty well written for Maiden - I do actually find a lot of the AMOLAD songs have a lot more emotional power than many of their other songs. But it's also more of a grower of an album.

But then again I bum Maiden every day. Saying that I am quite happy to say El Dorado is a bit of wank, although I'm starting have a bit of fun listening to it. It's so easy to be critical of Maiden these days, as it is of all bands who have gotten pretty old. But even though it's not a great song, a lot of bands have done a hell of a lot worse.
jonny_boy34