Welcome to UK Thrash!

So what's happening in UK Thrashland?

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: So what's happening in UK Thrashland?

Postby terrorizer on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:54 pm

gamabomb wrote:
We're waiting for someone to pay for us to record an album.

:wall: God! why are all the bands taking this wank aproch?It seems to be only the newer bands (H.O.D,Sekmet.Dr death) who actually want to do anything for themselfs.It's very seldom bands get signed off there demos there days.But anyway id like to see mutant do an album or long ep,same for amok and deceptor do a double concept album.Lots of underground bands make albums for less than £500 quid ( or free on the electric computer) so i dont see why most of the uk thrash bands are holding back.

I think Martin wants to be a rock star! H.O.D. are a shining example to every band out there. Record it for fuck-all and give it away for fuck-all, and if the songs are good you'll build up a fan-base who'll come and watch you and buy your shirts, have sex with you, give you drugs etc.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby gamabomb on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:01 pm

fo sho
GAMA BOMB - Faster Is Gooder
gamabomb

Postby Immortalicide on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:22 pm

gamabomb wrote:

Lots of underground bands make albums for less than £500 quid ( or free on the electric computer) so i dont see why most of the uk thrash bands are holding back.

lich king did that and tom has made quite a bit from licencing and selling his album, and the merch he did. all recorded at home and self produced.
Immortalicide

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:30 pm

It is pretty much the way i would do it.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:05 pm

Well the Damnas EP should finally be ready for the real world soon enough, I think the cover stuff is nearly done, we just need to save up some money to get it pressed (might take a while...) then we'll be there. We finished it bloody ages ago, I don't know what's bloody going on, good lord. There are I believe 2 songs up on the MyGeorge plus an average-sounding live version of one of them. Have a listen if you wish.
jonny_boy34

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:07 pm

I have, far too many times.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Dian Wei

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 pm

We've pretty much got three quarters of album written and are just waiting for our singer to get over his brain drain then we'll go record it for £2.50 in a shed in Cleethorpes coz we're skint. Should be out around Wacken time or summat.
http://www.myspace.com/letemburn666 - Enrich your life and eardrums.
kilgore666@hotmail.com - For msn and gig booking related gayness for Let 'Em Bum.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby STD_Caps on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:43 pm

STD were talking about this last weekend. Basically, we have had about 20 tracks recorded for ages but done nowt with them. We're now going to release some of the better ones as an EP and re-record a couple with our new drummer, with some new shit. All told it should be quite a transformation, hopefully for the better. Getting thrashier, slightly more complex (which isn't tough considering our simplicity) and we're just going to try and increase the exposure. The stuff will be free or very cheap.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:43 pm

STD_Caps wrote:STD were talking about this last weekend. Basically, we have had about 20 tracks recorded for ages but done nowt with them. We're now going to release some of the better ones as an EP and re-record a couple with our new drummer, with some new shit. All told it should be quite a transformation, hopefully for the better. Getting thrashier, slightly more complex (which isn't tough considering our simplicity) and we're just going to try and increase the exposure. The stuff will be free or very cheap.

=D>

About time.

Dian Wei

Postby MartinC on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:04 pm

gamabomb wrote:

:wall: God! why are all the bands taking this wank aproch?It seems to be only the newer bands (H.O.D,Sekmet.Dr death) who actually want to do anything for themselfs.It's very seldom bands get signed off there demos there days.But anyway id like to see mutant do an album or long ep,same for amok and deceptor do a double concept album.Lots of underground bands make albums for less than £500 quid ( or free on the electric computer) so i dont see why most of the uk thrash bands are holding back.

I didn't say anything about getting signed, I just said we need someone to pay for it. Some labels don't even pay for the recordings. The issue is that we don't want to record the album with any other person than Russ Russell and we need a fair amount of money to do that.
MartinC

Postby James on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:23 pm

You'd better get busking then!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby terrorizer on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:48 am

Or down the toilets in Matlock? Seriously though, how much does he charge?

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby MartinC on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:52 am

None of your business!
MartinC

Postby gamabomb on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:30 am

id say £200 a day.if your serious about your band afew hundred quid each is not un-do-able.but there you go.
GAMA BOMB - Faster Is Gooder
gamabomb

Postby terrorizer on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:06 pm

MartinC wrote:None of your business!

I think it's a valid question, it's not like I'm asking how big your cock is.

terrorizer