Welcome to UK Thrash!

The Lost Legion - London Heavy Metal!

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

The Lost Legion - London Heavy Metal!

Postby James on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:37 am

Check out this band!

www.myspace.com/thelostlegion

I don't know how I've never even heard of them before as they are from London... but it is really cool epic heavy metal!

I checked them out after Rich Walker wrote that "along with THE LOST LEGION, [DARK FOREST] are the leading lights in English classic HM played by younger guys. Forget all the comedy crap played by people wearing cut off denims 3 sizes too big, listen to these two bands and see how its really done." Flattering comment for both bands, and he's not wrong!

Would be interesting to check out The Lost Legion live.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Re: The Lost Legion - London Heavy Metal!

Postby blacktears on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:46 am

Yeah, they should play some gigs with Crowning Glory around the London area.

The harmonised vocal parts and overall delivery are bit slick for my taste, but decent stuff all the same, with some great lead guitar work.
"Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras"
blacktears

Postby Dian Wei on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:48 am

I get a bonk on for good vocal harmonies, but i agree that it's a bit polished at times.

Very nice though.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby GoreBastard on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:42 am

Pretty cool! Nice riffs and stuff. The second song sounds alot like a track from the "This Aint no Fit Place" album by Savage. Forgot the name.

The screams were cool, but I think the singer needs to get his voice sounding a bit more 'powerful'.
GoreBastard