Welcome to UK Thrash!

UK Thrash zine?

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

UK Thrash zine?

Postby boovidge on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:54 pm

After a brief discussion with Jamie and reading the 'Brew View' newsletter i thought it would be a great idea if we got a proper Uk Thrash zine together, especially as we cant guarantee constant support/coverage for the scene from terrorizer every month.

Would anybody be interested in editing,publishing or writing for a zine dedicated to British thrash or is a pointless idea?

Has anybody got any ideas for names or features?
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby MartinC on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:55 pm

I'll contribute.
MartinC

Postby boovidge on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:56 pm

yeah im sure if theres a review with a word limit of one you'd be very useful :lol:
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby MartinC on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:56 pm

I'm alright at reviewing.
MartinC

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:57 pm

sounds cool
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Metalbrew Stu on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:02 pm

I wont contribute, because I'd only sound like an idiot.

thrashduck wrote:Are you a small boy? :D
Metalbrew Stu

Postby MartinC on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:04 pm

I will contribute, because I'd only sound like an idiot.
MartinC

Postby Reanimator Luke on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:14 pm

I'd be happy to contribute or support in any way. Are we thinking a real scene or an electronic one? A real (photocopied) one would be better!
I killed Reanimator.
Reanimator Luke

Postby Povey on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Could do both and just scan it as a pdf?
Povey

Postby boovidge on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:19 pm

i was thinking both. Publish it say monthly/bi monthly and release the electronic one a bit later. I was thinking if people order a 'real' one we can chuck in some cheap cdr demos or something too (bit of an incentive)?

boovidge

Postby Immortalicide on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:22 pm

As Ian and i can testify, a zine really does take up a lot of time, far more than we imagined when we started on our zine. It is amazing how much time it takes between issues too, and in this computer dominated era, it may well be out of date within a short while, and everything in it could be old news.
Maybe a mailing list for a newsletter could be more appropriate???
It is a good idea if it is regular, advertised well and distributed right, but if it is just really for us here, it would be somewhat pointless.
Immortalicide

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:22 pm

me and bangover could prob do some of teh electronic stuff (he craves the web design etc. :lol: )
The Fourth Norseman

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:23 pm

it think a pdf posted up on the net could work well, and be easily spread across the net
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Resilience Records on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:36 pm

Metalbrew Stu wrote:I wont contribute, because I'd only sound like an idiot.

too late.

a PDF seems to be a good idea, i'd be up for helping put out some 'real' copies but as 'Mort said it isn't that appropriate unless its done well... and i haven't got the paitence to do it! BUT i would say it would be worth making the pdf black and white (or greyscale) for easy printing, or atleast having a printer friendly version! because however slow and increasingly out of date fanzines/scenezines are becoming... you can never beat the real thing! there is nothing like holding a few pieces of badly printed, badly stapled, black and white paper.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby boovidge on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:38 pm

mort, i dont really think it would take too much time if we had a reasonably large team with different roles/jobs. obviously they would have to be directed and the person/people doing that would end up using a fair amount of time.

The point about the internet making it redundant is a good one and one i've considered. obviously i think it would be a necessity to publish it on the net (bangover could use his pr0 skillz :lol: ) but i also think people want something 'real', in the same way people still want vinyl. giving a cdr or tape and other free stuf (nothing major obviously) may make ordering a hard copy or even 'subscribing' more tempting.

boovidge