Welcome to UK Thrash!

Cauldron - Burning Fortune

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Cauldron - Burning Fortune

Postby Resilience Records on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm digging it.

I think they've come on a long way, their sound has now properly been honed and where as before they were sort of trying different stuff to not sound like Goathorn, i think they have settled on a comfortable sound for the band, and its great!

I like the vocals, they are very unique and characteristic, full of spite - remind me of the way dave mustain sings to some extent (without sounding at all like him!). I really like how they are not perfect in anyway, and the roughness of them.

There are some killer riffs in this LP too, so much great nwobhm sounding stuff, bang on. Bass sound is totally killer as well, sweet tones.

They are in no means a ground breaking heavy metal band, but Cauldron are certainly very enjoyable - and i think any problems in their previous out put of music has been nicely overcome on this album. similar to their live show, to begin with i was very un-impressed when i saw them but by the 3rd time they came back to the UK they had actually really pulled it together and it was storming. I think the band have really come along way in general the last year or 2 and where i was once a non-fan, i am now under the spell of... the.. cauldron... erm...
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Re: Cauldron - Burning Fortune

Postby Mazz on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:52 pm

So it hath been spoketh
"...maybe we'll play some twister and do some breakdancing?"

http://www.myspace.com/groanuk
http://www.myspace.com/ratzzzass
Mazz

Postby Resilience Records on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:59 pm

May the lord bless upon you.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby metaldazza on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:10 pm

The thing is for some reason I really don't want to like Cauldron. Like you Jamie I've seen them every time they've played London and at first I really disliked them. Partly because one of then looks like Noel Fielding and partly because someone told me one of them was a real sleaze bag trying to chat up birds....... which makes him a bloke who has a passing resemblance to the someone in the mighty boosh, not a good reason to reject a band.

So I started to listen to Chained To The Night on Spotify and it grew on me and I saw them again and it was a pretty descent show so I bought the album and now listening to Burning Fortune I really like it and I find myself trying to recommend them to friends who all come back to me with "what a pile of boring shit"..... but after 10 listens they like them.

I don't know why but Cauldrons music is really easy to dismiss on first listen but after a few goes you realise there is a lot more to it. Very confusing.
New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby RedBurp on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:35 pm

Will need to buy this album soon, I enjoyed the first one greatly
RedBurp