Welcome to UK Thrash!

FTA Reviews

Full Thrash Assault news/discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records, Stevedot2

FTA Reviews

Postby demonic-dave on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:41 pm

demonic-dave

Postby Wreck Your Neck on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:45 am

Hahahahhaha i did the BMUK one it was an ace day , me and my two dives .... Dreadful....
\m/
Wreck Your Neck

Postby Atom on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:58 pm

Can someone pleaaase stick up the review from Powerplay? I havent seen it anywhere, much appreciated, thanks.
Atom

Postby Creeping_Dave on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:19 pm

Atom wrote:Can someone pleaaase stick up the review from Powerplay? I havent seen it anywhere, much appreciated, thanks.

Powerplay... grr... :evil:
Creeping_Dave

Postby Atom on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:29 pm

Creeping_Dave wrote:
Atom wrote:Can someone pleaaase stick up the review from Powerplay? I havent seen it anywhere, much appreciated, thanks.

Que?
Atom

Postby Creeping_Dave on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:34 pm

Atom wrote:
Creeping_Dave wrote:

Que?

Sorry that wasn't very helpful to your request :P

You'll find out as and when you read the review what I'm going on about lol.

Luci should still have a copy of it, any chance of scanning it in?
Creeping_Dave

Postby Atom on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:35 pm

Please Luci! :mrgreen:
Atom

Postby demonic-dave on Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:20 pm

One problem there, the scanner does not work.

Powerplay did not give HP and good review, and dave does not like it, Dave, just blame it on an departed band member. :wink:
demonic-dave

Postby Creeping_Dave on Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:28 pm

demonic-dave wrote:Dave, just blame it on an departed band member. :wink:

Oh I do. It was entirely his fault.. what kind of a person turns up for a gig drunk after being out on the piss till 6am?! AND he was about 2 hours late and only arrived just in time for our soundcheck. AND didn't come to rehearsals for 2 weeks before the gig.

I'm very glad he is no longer in the band. We are a much stronger and tighter unit now. come to one of our gigs and you'll see :D
Creeping_Dave

Postby ThrashMetalLuci on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Right, here we go guys just for those of ye who haven't seen the review from Powerplay:

"The Snooty Fox has been well renowned for putting on gigs for some years now, including all-dayers. On arrival it was clear that much planning had gone into the event, with a merchandise stand awaiting your cash on entry. Hallowed Point hit the stage and were a let down the moment they struck a chord as it was clear they had not rehearsed enough. the creativity in the riffs was there, but they were unable to piece it together for the live environment.
We were lucky to get Mutant at all today as Atom's brother was not well enough to play on drums so Tom Small from Pitiful Reign stepped in for a short set. Within about five seconds of starting, Mutant upped the ante substantially with some violent early Exodus style riffs. Vocalist and guitarist Atom worked the crowd perfectly and acknowledged their presence by charging through the face ripping "Metal Asylum". "Break Your Neck" summed up their set superbly as the first, and not the last, pit of the day was initiated.
After Mutant's raging set, Warpath had a tough act to follow, which they were unable to surpass. although their songs were slightly more complex they failed to capitalise on the rabid crowd. Warpath's material edged towards the calmer side of Nuclear Assault and although their set had some damn cool riffs, the didn't ignite the thrash burner for me. evile have been racking up gig after gig and it was immediately apparent that their professionalism stood out, as they had the largest crowd of the day. No finesse here at all as the band battered through some very hostile thrash similar to Kreator and Exodus. "Thrasher" tore the crowd to shreds and with no breaks between tracks the energy was huge. "We Who Are About to Die" was a true highlight and showcased the band's talent for slowing things down a tad with a catchy riff to set he headbangers off before the pit erupted once more. New song "First Blood" was greeted by a frenzied mosh, just like the 1980's. great stuff.
Pitiful Reign have garnered much support in recent months and i was looking forward to some Testament type thrash. the band launched into "In The Pit" as their opening volley and whilst not as agressive as Evile, they certainly packed a thrash metal uppercut. PR decided to enjoy themselves playing "whiplash" and a bit of "And then there were none" which didn't really add anything extra to their set. the likes of "Day of Darkness" and the very popular "Cannibal Attack" were pure thrash bliss however and it was crystal clear that PR have the power and energy to surge to thrash greatness. Having witnessed Headless Cross' slightly messy performance at Bloodstock Open Air festival this year I was hoping for a massive improvement in tightness. And what an improvement I got. Headless Cross had a perfect blend of agression, Technical elements and melody. Complimented by new members who were not afraid to use the stage to its fullest extent, they ripped your face off with tracks like "In cold blood" and "Crown of thorns". New song "In for the kill" was an absoloute killer in the truest sense, with bludgeoning drums and scorching riffs. Total thrash carnage. Stunning.
Enemy Unknown were indeed unknown to my ears. I was shocked that the band had a very small crowd, whcih was a shame as EU had sat and watched every band during the day. Initially I thought the bands melodic metal seemed out of place on this bill after the mauling during the last six hours. After investigating where the crowd had gone (they were sat outside at tables), I came back and witnessed the band lashing the crowd with some down tuned thrash from their "Alert status:Red" album. The riff structures, though simplistic, were delivered with conviction and with Matt bellowing like his life depended on it, the guys put on a very admitable performance.
Full Thrash Assault was a very successful, well organised UK thrash metal treat -
8/10" Martin Harris
ThrashMetalLuci

Postby Atom on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:41 pm

Cheers for that! Its a cool review for us, nice one!
Atom

Re: warhammer cdkey

Postby metaltony on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:45 am

sherlock12 wrote:[font=Tahoma][size=12pt]Warhammer gold[/size][/font][font=Tahoma][size=12pt], as the currency in the Warhammer world, plays an important role in the economic system. The experience plays take in game kinda depends on how much Warhammer gold they have. To amateur players, they do not have much time to play the game, not even farming Warhammer online gold. So most of Warhammer players would like to purchase Warhammer gold.
[url=http://www.3zoom.com]Mines of Moria
Warhammer online CD-key [/url]are the codes which be used to active your Warhammer Accounts. Warhammer online Timecard then will be needed after your Warhammer Accounts have been activated. That means you have to use both Warhammer CD-key and Warhammer Timecard after you creat an Warhammer account, so that you can access to the Warhammer world.
Buy Warhammer CD-key and Warhammer Timecard from us, experience our Instant delivery and Secure transaction.
For further information about the Warhammer CD-key and Warhammer Timecard, Please keep an eye on warhammer powerleveling[/size][/font]

worst post ever?
metaltony

Re: FTA Reviews

Postby demonic-dave on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:49 am

I think its spam.
demonic-dave