Welcome to UK Thrash!

LOOK WHAT I'M GETTING

Chat about playing musical instruments

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby Dian Wei on Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:55 pm

Nestor wrote:My mother is English, my dad is Georgian by ethnicity. But I am a citizen of britain and of russia. (dont know a word of Georgian though)

Stalin would be ashamed, :lol:
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Mikey on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:10 pm

Metal Iain wrote:Incidentally, what is your gripe with EMGs? I'm a Seymour Duncan man through and through but have never really heard any credible complaint with EMGs, although I have with DiMarzios...

EMG's raped me when i was a child.

Nah i don't hate EMG's, i just preffer Bare Knuckles.

Noishe pics of the guitar.
oxfordrocks wrote:Although I have sympathy for those affected.

You have to remember- It serves them right for being knuckle dragging northeners.

http://www.myspace.com/sekhmetuk
New tracks up, check them out
Mikey

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:27 pm

Mikey wrote:
Metal Iain wrote:Incidentally, what is your gripe with EMGs? I'm a Seymour Duncan man through and through but have never really heard any credible complaint with EMGs, although I have with DiMarzios...

I've never tried BKs. They seem very hyped up though, do they deserve it?
Metal Iain

Postby Holy Crap! Lions! on Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:39 pm

Metal Iain wrote:
Mikey wrote:

YES. :lol:
Holy Crap! Lions!

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:48 pm

The thing about pickups is that it's hard to leave one once you've found one you really like. I'm a Seymour Duncacn TB-6 man through-and-though and would be pretty hesitant to splash out on any other model or brand of pickup. I have toyed with the idea of trying a DiMarzio Super Distortion though.
Metal Iain

Postby Holy Crap! Lions! on Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:15 pm

Metal Iain wrote:The thing about pickups is that it's hard to leave one once you've found one you really like. I'm a Seymour Duncacn TB-6 man through-and-though and would be pretty hesitant to splash out on any other model or brand of pickup. I have toyed with the idea of trying a DiMarzio Super Distortion though.

It's all about what fits the guitar man.
Holy Crap! Lions!

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:20 pm

Metal Iain wrote:The thing about pickups is that it's hard to leave one once you've found one you really like. I'm a Seymour Duncacn TB-6 man through-and-though and would be pretty hesitant to splash out on any other model or brand of pickup. I have toyed with the idea of trying a DiMarzio Super Distortion though.

I finally got a TB6 a few months ago and it is fucking awesome, glad I waited, got it for £30 with postage from US aswell :dance:

I would say no to the DiMarzio... I tihnk they sound poo, especially considering the tone of the TB6 :drool:
thrash metal maniac

Postby Metal Iain on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:32 am

thrash metal maniac wrote:

I finally got a TB6 a few months ago and it is fucking awesome, glad I waited, got it for £30 with postage from US aswell :dance:

I would say no to the DiMarzio... I tihnk they sound poo, especially considering the tone of the TB6 :drool:

Aye, TB-6s are pretty amazing!
Metal Iain

Postby Mikey on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Metal Iain wrote:
Mikey wrote:

In my opinion yes, you just can't beat hand scatter wound with superior parts, also the fact that you can customize it to get it sound exactly how you want aswell just by messaging Tim over the forum.
Yeah they're a bit more expensive but they are pretty much custom hand made pick ups.

To my ears Seymours sound to tinny and thin, but then i do use Warpigs.

But everyones different, as long as your happy with your tone it shouldn't matter what you use.
oxfordrocks wrote:Although I have sympathy for those affected.

You have to remember- It serves them right for being knuckle dragging northeners.

http://www.myspace.com/sekhmetuk
New tracks up, check them out
Mikey