Welcome to UK Thrash!

Terrorizer UK Thrash Feature

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby Bane on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:48 pm

STD_Caps wrote:http://www.ukthrash.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=794&start=30

I don't mean to be a cunt but there's a difference between being skint and spending all your money on other things. Terrorizer is one of the few respectable magazines and this feature is a good thing for UK Thrash. I'm sure a little bit of cash (and it is little, really) can be put towards a good cause.

Still, Bane, what did you think of the article?

As you've pointed out, I spent €105 on LPs yesterday. €6 may seem like peanuts in comparison, but it's the difference between getting to eat tomorrow or not. Call me selfish, but I'll take the simple things in life (a meal) over a magazine any day. As for the 'thanks for supporting the scene' comment, I hope that's sarcasm!

Incidentally, I haven't had a chance to read the feature yet. I will do this evening.
Bane

Postby STD_Caps on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:54 pm

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Terrorizer is a good mag and has done UK thrash a favour (one that it deserves). What did I say that must be sarcastic?
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby MartinC on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Bane wrote:
MartinC wrote:Then you don't get to read it. Scrubber. I don't think Ian worked his arse off writing it just so it could be scanned in for all the lazy cunts.

Errm, there's a difference between being lazy and not being able to afford it. Anyway, nevermind - someone already e-mailed it to me.

Get a fucking job.
MartinC

Postby terrorizer on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:58 pm

STD_Caps wrote:Oh yeah, Ian: I'll be writing my first letter to Terrorizer shortly...

Nice one! =D>

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby terrorizer on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:31 pm

Bane wrote:As for the 'thanks for supporting the scene' comment, I hope that's sarcasm!

As you are not what else could it be? I can't believe that you have the bare faced cheek to post on this forum asking for a scan of the article knowing that the person who wrote it also posts here. It's like going on the Onslaught forum and asking for a copy of Killing Peace!

I don't buy the skint story either, if I was a few quid away from not being able to eat the last thing I do is spend a fortune on records.

You have saddened me greatly.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby ThrashMetalLuci on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:20 pm

Well the new Terrorizer has only just come out therefore you still have like 3 or 4 weeks before it is replaced by the next issue - plenty of time to gather together the 3.20 to purchase the issue. I really can't believe the cheek of some people. :roll:
ThrashMetalLuci

Postby BEER CAN on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:25 pm

I want a free copy!
BEER CAN

Postby STD_Caps on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:31 pm

Sorry for my comment earlier. I obviously skipped a beat bigtime! :lol:
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:40 pm

MartinC wrote:
Bane wrote:Does anyone fancy scanning in the four or so pages? I can't afford to splash out on a magazine these days.

Then you don't get to read it. Scrubber. I don't think Ian worked his arse off writing it just so it could be scanned in for all the lazy cunts.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Immortalicide

Postby Bane on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:44 pm

terrorizer wrote:
Bane wrote:As for the 'thanks for supporting the scene' comment, I hope that's sarcasm!

As you are not what else could it be?

I buy releases by practically every band in the UK Thrash scene. I promote them as best as is humanly possible in Ireland. Not only have I sorted out Headless Cross with an Irish gig in the last 8 months, I'm also in the process of helping bring over 2-3 other UK Thrash bands this summer. This isn't for our benefit or profit - it's entirely for the bands. I'm not looking for any praise, and I'm sure as hell not looking for respect. But to suggest I don't support this scene is a fucking insult. How does me not buying a magazine for a 4 page article constitute me not supporting the scene? How will buying this months issue of Terrorizer result in me contributing to or supporting the scene more than I already am? I've never heard such tripe.

terrorizer wrote:I can't believe that you have the bare faced cheek to post on this forum asking for a scan of the article knowing that the person who wrote it also posts here. It's like going on the Onslaught forum and asking for a copy of Killing Peace!

Is this some sort of wind up? Bro, you wrote a 4 page article for Terrorizer. While you're to be applauded for putting this site in the public eye and creating some great exposure for some of its bands, you can hardly compare it to recording an album. Infact, try as I might, I can't find any similarities at all.

terrorizer wrote:I don't buy the skint story either, if I was a few quid away from not being able to eat the last thing I do is spend a fortune on records.

I haven't bought an album in 5 or so months. Boo hoo, yeah yeah. I seen an opportunity and went for it. That leaves me living on a shoe string for the next couple of weeks. I don't mind, I've done it time and time again. I haven't missed buying an issue of Terrorizer in years - but for now there are more important things for me to be spending €6 on. It's that simple.

ThrashMetalLuci wrote:Well the new Terrorizer has only just come out therefore you still have like 3 or 4 weeks before it is replaced by the next issue - plenty of time to gather together the 3.20 to purchase the issue.

You're absolutely right. But I don't want to wait 3 or 4 weeks to read the article.

MartinC wrote:Get a fucking job.

That's beyond my control. Why? It's none of your fucking business :D
Bane

Postby MartinC on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:37 pm

That's beyond my control. Why? It's none of your fucking business

Sex offender's register?
MartinC

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:39 pm

MartinC wrote:

Sex offender's register?

pwn3d :lol:
The Fourth Norseman

Postby ash on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:12 am

fucking hell you grippy cunt, even i bought a copy and i hate every single band mentioned in the fucking magazine.

eat tomorrow or terrorizer? you're probably a lardass so if i was you i'd go with terrorizer.
ash

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:12 am

The Fourth Norseman wrote:
MartinC wrote:

Sex offender's register?

:lol: That put a swift end to that debate.
jonny_boy34

Postby Immortalicide on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:23 am

jonny_boy34 wrote:
The Fourth Norseman wrote:
MartinC wrote:

Sex offender's register?

:lol: That put a swift end to that debate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Immortalicide