Welcome to UK Thrash!

Damnas, Dr Death.....24/1/2009

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Damnas, Dr Death.....24/1/2009

Postby radioactive rik on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:33 pm

wicked night.
the majority the rowdy football fans(as the pub was full of them to begin with)dissapeared during soundchecks :lol: GOOD!
then the pub became full of people who came to see bands play.
Docter Death played well and there were some moments where i thought they may stop/lose the beat but they covered it well and played without a hitch.
Damnas were sounding crisp and played the new tune "Punching Through Walls" :rockdevil: Spencer you missed this exclusive treat.
i loved Donnys smug first words at the beginning of the Damnas set,he grabs the mic and says:"i noticed a few men in here wearing eyeliner....you need to wipe that shit off"
basically aiming it at the soundguy,some of the EMOs and some of the casuals/left over football fans(who had put some on for fun) :lol:

wicked night apart from the FIVE cunting hours it took me to get home. :( :( :(
i cant be arsed to go into detail(too much to type and i'll probably cry)

EDIT:nothing violent or nasty happened by the way.
Last edited by radioactive rik on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby zykloned on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:06 pm

5 hours to get home?!

Fucking hell Rik!!

...you're going to have to explain this!!
zykloned

Postby James on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Uh-oh, I foresee an Epicus Doomicus Posticus!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby thrashduck on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm

The day Rik "can't be arsed to go into much detail" will be the end of UKThrash!
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:11 am

Fucking hell, 5 hours! Hope nothing bad happened to you! By the way, the full title for the new song is "Punching Through Walls, Innit".
jonny_boy34

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:49 pm

i got home safely but it took ages due to 2 words:"southern rail". for more info,ask me in person :-).
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Bangover on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:55 pm

I demand and explanation, how can you do this to us! HOW!11! WE MUST KNOW EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR EXCURSIONS!!1!
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:04 pm

Bangover wrote:I demand and explanation, how can you do this to us! HOW!11! WE MUST KNOW EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR EXCURSIONS!!1!

its really not that amazing or interesting.
heres a basic version:train from watford to clapham had to stop still for 2hours,after 5mins into journey(due to a freight train being parked for the night on the wrong line).
eventually got to clapham and there were no trains operating from platform 13.(the one i needed for gatwick)
after 30mins hangin around i found out off rail worker that i need to get a replacement bus to east croydon(via london).
waited for bus for 20mins then it was 30min journey to east croydon.
i then got connecting train from croydon and luckily it stopped at horley(my town)before gatwick.

basicly i set off at 10.40 and got in at 3.30.

i will "Rik" the story up and tell it in more tragic detail to whoever wants to ask me at any gigs.ta
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby zykloned on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:32 am

Oh man that sounds long...

Did ya get any compensation off the rail company at least?

For the serious LONG they caused?
zykloned

Postby James on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:20 am

haha

Dear Sir,
I would like to complain about the serious LONG I experienced due to your services...
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 am

Hahaha, amazing.
jonny_boy34

Postby radioactive rik on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:46 pm

zykloned wrote:Did ya get any compensation off the rail company at least?

me and 4 others were given a free sandwich at clapham while waiting in a warm office for our replacement bus/taxis.i dont drink tea/coffee but the sandwich was rather nice.
the 4 other people wanted to fill out a complaint form and also took the name and i.d number the rail worker who was sorting us out with taxi's/replacement bus and food and drinks.theres no pleasing some people.
it wasnt the rail workers fault that a freight train had been parked on the wrong line near watford.

we were all fed up but i didnt really speak/waffle about the situation,instead i just nodded to whatever the other whingers wanted to carry on whining about. and when the rail worker said to me"would you like a complaint form aswell" i replied with smugness "no thanks mate,ive got my sandwich and the rest of my journey sorted,cheers for your help". :lol:

basically i wanted to try to make the 4 complainers feel like those twats who complain about trivial bullshit of which has already happened and cant be changed.

the others had taxi's sorted for their london destinations all paid for by southern rail so they didnt really have anything to complain about in my opinion.

if we had been told to wait till 5-7am ish for the first morning trains OR if there hadnt been anyone around to help us then thatd be worth complaining about.

or maybe southern rail managed to bribe me/shut me up and keep me sweet with some food?...if thats the case,then it worked :D
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby thrash metal maniac on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 pm

well, since things like that can't be helped i think you were very sensible mr rad!!! Those other people sound pretty petty, nothing worse than people who can't let things drop, even when it's beyond anybody's control and they KNOW it's nothing anyone can suddenly miraculously sort out!

I get quite a lot of problems with trains, but im so used to it i dont expect anything more :P it's sometimes a pleasant surprise to get home on time :P
thrash metal maniac

Postby Dr Mike Von Fury on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:12 pm

hold up.

so rik are you telling me you dont drink TEA.
THRASH OR BE THRASHED!!!!!
Dr Mike Von Fury

Postby origamikid on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:18 pm

radioactive rik wrote:
Bangover wrote:I demand and explanation, how can you do this to us! HOW!11! WE MUST KNOW EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR EXCURSIONS!!1!

i will "Rik" the story up and tell it in more tragic detail to whoever wants to ask me at any gigs.ta

I will def be hearing this tale!! Although i can only hope that i dont have to encounter this...at any point...

Also how can you not like coffee...or tea!!
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid