Welcome to UK Thrash!

GAMA BOMB and Evile in Kerrang!

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby terrorizer on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:07 am

When the K!s and MHs of the world get hold of it and print their "Fuck all that Emo shit, Thrash is cool now" articles, before you can say baseball cap, Oxfam and Scope will be clogged up with unwanted My Chemical Romance CDs and UK Thrash will suddenly have the fanbase it needs. Dig from Earache can buy yet another Porsche on the back of it and it will all collapse in 18 months.

You know what though, they'll still be sad buggers like me posting on this message board at 1am.

20 years later it'll happen again, but by then I'll be nearly 60 if I'm still around and by then I plan to be listening to jazz.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby Bangover on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:24 am

terrorizer wrote:20 years later it'll happen again, but by then I'll be nearly 60 if I'm still around and by then I plan to be listening to jazz.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who cares if it turns into a fad for 18 months anyway? It'll just go back to something similar to what we have now and right now I'm having fun as it is! 30 years from now I can still see myself razzing metal music on a daily basis...

Razzing Thrash ftw!
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover

Postby terrorizer on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:30 am

It's all the mediocre bands that will spring up. They'll turn us all into Martins. That I couldn't cope with. :shock:

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby Herzeleid on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:38 am

God, what if this site gets really popular. Those twats on myspace with 10,000 friends that think they're legitimately famous will be US. Even worse, what if people actually start respecting Martin? This needs to stop now, lucky earache signed a lot of the thrash bands, hopefully they can shit things up as they so often do :D

Stevedot2 wrote:Stop complaining you black cunt.

http://www.myspace.com/superking - Don't look at meeee!
Herzeleid

Postby terrorizer on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:47 am

Herzeleid wrote:God, what if this site gets really popular. Those twats on myspace with 10,000 friends that think they're legitimately famous will be US.

I already am. It does not effect my life, that of my family or those of my serving staff.

terrorizer

Postby STD_Caps on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:01 am

Don't worry about UKThrash. I reckon half the bands won't even be able to ride the popularity wave and remain underground, unsigned and unknown. And after all, that's what we want...

Really though, Iain kind of hinted at the point. Kerrang! have always included some popular bands from certain genres and not just for reviews - Cathedral and Napalm Death interviews; they had a Minor Threat retrospective some years back. Truth be told, I doubt this will mean undesired attention unless they do a 'YOUR NEW FAVOURITE MUSIC' feature (I fucking HATE that - 'you will do as we say. Shit is your favourite flavour of ice-cream' etc.)
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby terrorizer on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:14 am

I am a drone.

Please tell me what to think.

I buy Kerrang!

:rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil: Fucking Thrash Rules!!! :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil:

OMFG

terrorizer

Postby Povey on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:53 pm

What kind of spread are we looking at. Something like when you reviewed GB,Mutant and Deceptor a while back or bigger?
Povey

Postby terrorizer on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:12 pm

Povey wrote:What kind of spread are we looking at. Something like when you reviewed GB,Mutant and Deceptor a while back or bigger?

Much bigger than that, perhaps a page with photos.

terrorizer

Postby Povey on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Ace! When can we expect said review next issue?
Povey

Postby Reanimator Luke on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:29 am

So did anyone get Kerrang yesterday? I had to fly to Edinburgh for work, couldn;t find it at either airport.

As far as this debate goes, my two pennies worth is that Kerrang is rubbish, but it makes no pretence about being what it is: a rock mag for kids. I haven't read a copy for about 1000 years so I can't really judge it beyond what I see on the covers, but to laugh at it for not covering extreme metal bands is a bit rich. I know I started off reading Kerrang and gradually progressed onto better things - I'm sure a lot of other kids do this too. Surely thats a good thing about it?

If Kerrang do jump on thrash and the 'next big thing' then I think yes, the scene will be in trouble: it'll be flooded with benders and scene tourists and I think that'll be to its detriment. But a little bit of coverage will be great, just a review here and there that'll make a few people think yeah, I'll check these bands out...
I killed Reanimator.
Reanimator Luke

Postby Povey on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:34 am

I told my ladyfriend I used to work with to buy a copy of the toilet rag for me.

GB,Evile and PR were reviewed and got 4k's. Ill scan a copy later today
Povey

Postby terrorizer on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:37 am

Reanimator Luke wrote:benders and scene tourists

:lol:

terrorizer

kerrang

Postby Phillybomb on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:48 am

Review is transcribed in full on our myspazz blog. Say what you will, it feels like a positive to be reviewed in it and we're well chuffed. We grew up reading it and it's cool to see ourselves in there, you dig?

http://www.myspace.com/gamabomb

GAMA BOMB - Faster Is Gooder
Phillybomb

Re: kerrang

Postby terrorizer on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:58 am

Phillybomb wrote:Review is transcribed in full on our myspazz blog. Say what you will, it feels like a positive to be reviewed in it and we're well chuffed. We grew up reading it and it's cool to see ourselves in there, you dig?

http://www.myspace.com/gamabomb

GAMA BOMB - Faster Is Gooder

Getting bigged up in K! is the only way you'll be able to afford that Porsche, obviously one all pimped up with zombie paint work. :wink:

terrorizer