Welcome to UK Thrash!

Speed Metal and Thrash

Talk about all thrash metal.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby JimMetal2 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:34 am

I find speed metal is a little less heavy and it is more technical while thrash is a bit more basic and has a more punky feel.
Thrash Til Death!
Satan Laughs As You Eternally Rot
JimMetal2

Postby thrash metal maniac on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:06 pm

yeah u guys have got it all right

Playin fast heavy metal is speed metal, it started about 2/3 years before thrash. Then HC/punk and metal/speed metal collided and thrash was born! Power metal is basically the evolution of heavy metal thoughout the 1980's, still using melodic riffs and harmonies but a bit faster and usually heavier!

thats what i reackon, but there's always crossover genres, and the lines rae never THAT clear
thrash metal maniac

Postby crocodil on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Metal Iain wrote:Speed Metal is Heavy Metal played faster whereas Thrash Metal is different in terms of riffs, vocal style and intensity. I'd cite Chosen Ones by Megadeth as a Speed Metal song for example.

That's just my 2 cents on the subject though.

yeah

venom , cacophony , mortohead ... is speed metal band , it's not like power

oh my god , i dont good English T__T
crocodil

Postby Immortalicide on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:18 pm

Thats bollocks!! How can songs like warhead, manitou and buried alive be speed metal.
To be honest, there are going to be bands that fill every part of music from heavy metal to total grindcore and punk to ultra brutal black metal, so definitions become mainly irrelevent. Some bands cover many percieved styles within one album, take Master of Puppets for example, as there is speed, thrash, power, heavy metal all in abundance on that record. Same goes for the first 2 anthrax albums, megadeth, helloween, venom, ISOS by onslaught and numerous others.
Immortalicide