Welcome to UK Thrash!

New Forbidden Track

Talk about all thrash metal.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: New Forbidden Track

Postby STD_Caps on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:19 pm

sacha wrote:Having listened to the album, it's kind of a blend of their own later albums and something in the Nevermore vein. It's not a thrasher at all - the song that started this thread is the thrashiest thing on it so if that didn't grab you chances are you'll hate the album.

If you've followed them over the years the album won't surprise you much, except that it's more progressive than their last two. The processed vocals were there on those albums - he hasn't been opera shrieking for a long time now.

It's got enough variety and depth that I know I'll keep listening to it, there are plenty of interesting and nice bits but nothing classic jumps out. Not one for the thrash crowd though I'd say.

If you were to recommend a track, what would it be? I'm still reserving judgement before saying it's rubbish.

Also, it's a bit daft to have an album cover that heralds back your glory days if your pedalling your more modern sound and not returning to that old style.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby sacha on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:45 pm

I actually like Forsaken at the Gates (the track you linked to) the most. The rest of the album is mid-paced by comparison, apart from the last song Omega Wave which isn't as strong though. One of the later songs is a true abomination - Inhuman Race I think.

Agree about the cover - it's shit as well as misleading. I've only listened to the album a couple of times now so I'm still in two minds too, but I don't think it's the travesty that this thread makes it out to be, there's plainly more going on here creatively than some sad attempt at relevance through modernisation, or some failed attempt to recapture old glories.

EDIT: I quite like Hopenosis.
Last edited by sacha on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sacha

Postby sacha on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:00 pm

It's definitely more "metal" than the latest Death Angel, for example.
sacha

Postby Bloodkrishna on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:41 am

I still want to like this

maybe will sit thru the whole album again someday :(
Bloodkrishna

Postby Bloodkrishna on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:48 pm

I listen to it again
it's even worse
I can't survive to song number 3,

because of this crap
the verse riff and chorus is absolutely the worst thing I can get from Forbidden
it's hardly to believe Forbidden can write a pile of horse shit like this
they should rename themselves FORGOTTEN
Bloodkrishna

Postby sacha on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Terrorizer magazine gave the album 8/10... not that that means an awful lot, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's great.
sacha

Postby Bloodkrishna on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:10 pm

maybe I listen toooooooo much forbidden evil and twisted into form for my own good
it's really not forbidden evil or twisted into form part 2
and even not forbidden evil or twisted into form part 2,
it's fine to me if the music is good, but I don't enjoy it.....
:(
Bloodkrishna

Postby phodg on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:15 pm

It's nowhere near as good as the first two albums. But for me it's better than anything they've done since. They're playing Chicago in a couple of weeks (with Evile, Bonded By Blood and Gama Bomb in support) so I'll pop along. if for no other reason than to listen to "Chalice Of Blood" live again.
phodg

Postby RedBurp on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:43 pm

I got it for xmas wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, can't hold a candle to their first two albums but on its own its alright. I love the intro to the album as well.
RedBurp