Welcome to UK Thrash!

Obsure UK Thrash

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby Bestial Bill on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:03 am

Not very obscure, but Deathwish are amazing. The first album is a masterpiece.
'Summon the cleansing of this world! Armageddon unleashed upon Earth!'
Bestial Bill

Postby boovidge on Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:04 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:energetic krusher

:lol: :lol:
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby thrash metal maniac on Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:50 pm

path to oblivion is wicked, and totally hilarious in places!!!
thrash metal maniac

Postby Stevedot2 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:32 pm

http://www.myspace.com/federalthreat

Federal Threat.

They are a band from kinda round my area, I've seen them twice and the song on their Myspace called Some Can't Wait to Die is brilliant. The vocals sound like a perfect cross between Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield and Tom Araya; when me and my mate's first saw them we couldn't believe the voice coming out of this guy! They slay live. During the sound check we thought they were playing slayer or metallica or something but it was their own stuff! I don't think the Myspace songs do them justice and I've gone on long enough but yeah this band rocks.
Stevedot2

Postby WHITE THRASH on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:28 am

William Morton wrote:A band called STATE OF SHOCK, they did the Friday rock show bands battle thing and won it. They were great!

Does anyone know / remember them?

I would kill to get a CD.

Fooking YES. KILLER band. I recorded their 4-song session off the Friday Rock Show (RIP Tommy), and I will still have it on tape somewhere. Jesus Christ knows where. One day I hope to discover it.

They were from the town I grew up in. The one known as 'South Shields'.
WHITE THRASH

Postby Nick666 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:02 am

Isn`t U.K. Thrash obscure by nature?!??
*peace*
And if you're not a metal head then you might as well be dead...
Nick666

Re:

Postby HappySpaceInvdr on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:02 pm

WHITE THRASH wrote:
William Morton wrote:A band called STATE OF SHOCK, they did the Friday rock show bands battle thing and won it. They were great!

Does anyone know / remember them?

I would kill to get a CD.

Fooking YES. KILLER band. I recorded their 4-song session off the Friday Rock Show (RIP Tommy), and I will still have it on tape somewhere. Jesus Christ knows where. One day I hope to discover it.

They were from the town I grew up in. The one known as 'South Shields'.

I probably wouldn't kill to get a recording of that session, but I would pay a very large sum of money. I played lead guitar in State of Shock from '98-'92, including that session which was recorded at the BBC's Maida Vale studio. Didn't get to met Tommy Vance sadly, but he raved about our demo, and the subsequent session, and seemed to like it enough to broadcast it twice.

Unfortunately, soon after, we were completely ripped off by a bogus management company, and never managed to get that record deal we surely deserved. I spent a bit of time in another Newcastle band, "Whatever", before ditching the music industry for good. Very happy days in State of Shock though, especially the tour we did with Xentrix.
HappySpaceInvdr

Re:

Postby thrasherdave on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 am

gamabomb wrote:yea fuck face atomkraft rule!
have a go of the best of its class
who's the worst uk thrash band?
virus?

That first part is getting sigged :lol: As for the worst UKT band, it's blatently Vindicator.

Surprised to see a thread like this on here actually. A bunch of the 'lesser known' bands that immediately come to mind are Sacrilege, Pandemia, Hydra Vein, Arbitrater, Energetic Krusher, Anihilated, Xyster, D.A.M, Seventh Angel, Amnesia and of course the almighty Deathwish. But even those came across as kind of mandatory listening for the most part... Xyster, Pandemia, Amnesia and Energetic Krusher aren't bands that would usually come up in conversation but Deathwish, Anihilated and Seventh Angel are brought up once in awhile.

Now that that's over with, Deathwish. Again. Just... Deathwish.
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Re: Re:

Postby satansteddybear on Fri May 04, 2012 3:30 pm

I probably wouldn't kill to get a recording of that session, but I would pay a very large sum of money. I played lead guitar in State of Shock from '98-'92, including that session which was recorded at the BBC's Maida Vale studio. Didn't get to met Tommy Vance sadly, but he raved about our demo, and the subsequent session, and seemed to like it enough to broadcast it twice.

Unfortunately, soon after, we were completely ripped off by a bogus management company, and never managed to get that record deal we surely deserved. I spent a bit of time in another Newcastle band, "Whatever", before ditching the music industry for good. Very happy days in State of Shock though, especially the tour we did with Xentrix.[/quote]

Would that be Mr.Cross!!??

I remember State of Shock & Whatever, 244 rock club, Fat Sams etc etc!!!!
satansteddybear