Welcome to UK Thrash!

Metal 2 The Masses Quarter Finals - Support UK Thrash!

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Metal 2 The Masses Quarter Finals - Support UK Thrash!

Postby Heavy Metal Bastard on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:12 pm

OK, so unbelievably Kemakil are in the 1/4 finals for M2TM this year, and from what I can tell, we are pretty much the only old school thrash band through in the London heats at this stage (although I could be wrong, I've not yet completed my research of all the bands!). Seems a great shame since the London thrash scene is, in my opinion, pretty decent at the moment. I can't speak for any of the other regions in the UK, but if this trend is repeated all over the country, it could lead to a void of UK thrash bands on the unsigned stage at BOA. A travesty I'm sure you'll agree! I think we all know the two best bands on the unsigned stage last year were Shrapnel and Mutant so it'd be nice to see UK thrash represented once again at this year's BOA.

As I said before the last heat, I'm not usually one for band competitions, and we are certainly not putting too much importance on the quarter finals; we'll give it a good go as always, but if we don't get through then its not gonna be the end of the world. If anyone can make it down and give us some support though, we'd really appreciate it! If you can't make it, fuck it, don't worry about it. The kind welcoming thrashers of London have given us more than enough support over the past few years, we won't hold against you! :p

The QF is on 15th May (a sunday again, sorry!) at Nambucca, Holloway Road, and currently the only other band I know are playing is Obzerter. If anyone can make it down, that would be great. As soon as I've got the flyer, I'll post it up and it will give you a quid off entry for the gig. Thanks for your support, and hopefully over the summer we'll be down London way for a "just for fun" gig at the Unicorn (hint, hint! someone book us!!).
Heavy Metal Bastard

Re: Metal 2 The Masses Quarter Finals - Support UK Thrash!

Postby Stevedot2 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:08 pm

The London thrash scene is kinda lame actually, unless there's a big gig on!

But seriously though, well done man! You guys are good and it's nice to see you're getting through! I will deffo try and get to the quarter final gig, hopefully I won't forget this time!!!
Stevedot2

Re: Metal 2 The Masses Quarter Finals - Support UK Thrash!

Postby Heavy Metal Bastard on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:25 am

Hmm, maybe it just seems thriving in comparison with sleepy Suffolk! That said, the East Anglian thrash scene is doing pretty well for itself just lately with Shrapnel, Killerhurtz, Rezinwolf, Anihilated, and us! ;)

Full lineup now confirmed by the way:

Obzerter
Kemakil
Seed of Detest
Mask of Judas
Parasitic Earth

We're on at 9:30pm. Its definitely not going to be shit. Maybe.
Heavy Metal Bastard