Welcome to UK Thrash!

New South Park

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: New South Park

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:12 pm

i dont tihnk they write the whole episode in a week though... they must ahve a big stockpile of story ideas and hilarious things to do and say ready for the start of the season, and then just use whatever fits in with the main storyline

i thought the last few seasons were good! very entertaining stuff
thrash metal maniac

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Watch Season 12, then watch Season Five.

The gulf in quality is vast.
Metal Iain

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Yeah, they've just been so hit and miss lately, especially season 12. I loved some of the episodes like Major Boobage and Elementary School Musical, but I can't even think of any others apart from those two that I could say I actually loved. The others were ok, but no way near the standard of the middle seasons. But Matt and Trey are amazing, so I'm sure they'll be able to get back to the prime quality of joy at some point.
jonny_boy34

Postby Metal Iain on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:21 pm

They basically need to do a second film and end South Park.
Metal Iain

Postby Lev on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:59 pm

That was sodding fast!

And yeah, another film. It doesn't even have to be a South Park one, just another Trey and Matt one. Best movies ever, really.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby thrash metal maniac on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:48 pm

The gulf in quality doesn't bother me, it's still witty and funny, and once you've seen all the episodes a certain amount of times it just gets pointless watching them again... new material is better to me now than something i've seen 20+ times!
thrash metal maniac

Postby GoreBastard on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:24 am

thrash metal maniac wrote:The gulf in quality doesn't bother me, it's still witty and funny, and once you've seen all the episodes a certain amount of times it just gets pointless watching them again... new material is better to me now than something i've seen 20+ times!

Amen!
GoreBastard

Postby Metal Iain on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:01 am

Nah nah, there are certain episodes that I've seen 20+ times that I still laugh at much more than the newer ones, Asspen or Timmy 2000 for example. Phil Collins shouting, 'Shut your filthy holes, you little bastards!' in that episode is pretty much funnier than all of Season 12 combined. Basically, I'd rather watch an older episode for the 50th time than see a newer one based on the quality of Seasons 9-12.

In my opinion, South Park is now where the Simpsons was in 1998. I just hope we don't have to put up with 10 years of mediocrity before Trey Parker has the integrity to conclude that South Park has run its course and call it a day.
Metal Iain

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:10 am

The new episode doesn't look great from this clip...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/220699

NEW YORK, March 9, 2009 –KENNY AND HIS NEW GIRLFRIEND GO TO A JONAS BROTHERS’ CONCERT in the 13th season premiere of “South Park” titled, “The Ring.”
“South Park” returns with seven all-new episodes beginning Wednesday, March 11 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.

THINKING IT’S HIS WAY INTO HER HEART AND OTHER BODY PARTS, KENNY TAKES HIS NEW GIRLFRIEND TO A JONAS BROTHERS CONCERT. HIS DREAM OF TAKING THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL IS CRUSHED WHEN THE JONAS BROTHERS GIVE THEM PURITY RINGS.

I don't like the fact that Butters is getting more annoying, he's one of my favourite characters! But some episodes of season 12 had me wishing he would shut up. I hope they don't ruin him.
jonny_boy34

Postby thrash metal maniac on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Is butters getting more annoying?

that clip doesnt really show or give much away at all... episode sounds silly though
thrash metal maniac

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:51 pm

I don't know, just the way Butters speaks now seems to annoy me, I don't really know why. I only really started noticing it in the Super Fun Time episode of Series 12, but since then I've found that he doesn't quite come across as innocent and lovely as he used to, he now just comes across as a bit of an idiot. And Cartman's voice is also getting a bit gayer... that's the only way I can explain it, but it really is!
jonny_boy34

Postby Metal Iain on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:43 am

Talking about Butters, I really hope they have another episode that centres on his dad in Season 13. I've always thought he's been underused when compared to Randy or even Gerry. 'Butters's Very Own Episode' was particularly funny:

DAMN YOU INTERNET!

I have noticed a bit of a change in the voices as of late too but the voices have varied quite a bit over the seasons, really. The animation has a lot more 3D stuff in it now too.
Metal Iain

Postby Lev on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:47 am

Sounds like a boring plot. I just hope they go completely off topic and loads of stupid things happen like back in the day.

Lev

Postby Metal Iain on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 am

Lev wrote:Sounds like a boring plot. I just hope they go completely off topic and loads of stupid things happen like back in the day.

You talking about South Park or UK Thrash?
Metal Iain

Postby Lev on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:00 am

:lol:

Very good.

Lev