Welcome to UK Thrash!

All change at Terrorizer Magazine

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: All change at Terrorizer Magazine

Postby Atom on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:09 am

Hey, that is GREAT news, I'm very fucking thankful and appreciate all you have done to continue bring thrash to the masses, the same goes for the 'UK Thrash in Terrorizor' thread.
Atom

Postby terrorizer on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:14 am

Shucks Tom. Please give me the chance to promote Mutant and I'll be a happy man.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby Bangover on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:44 pm

joy!
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover

Postby Seregon-James on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Keep up the good work Mr Ian! :)
ZT: "Seregon, Vicious, Venemous, UK Thrash!" 5/5
Terrorizer: "6th Best Unsigned Band 2008" 9/10
Terrorizer: "5th Best Unsigned Band 2007" 8/10
http://www.myspace.com/seregonuk
http://twitter.com/seregonuk
http://www.seregon.co.uk
Seregon-James

Postby origamikid on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:39 pm

Epic news !! Awesome this meens we get our magazine back!
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby Creeping Dan on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:08 pm

And they wont have to pay to be on the CD anymore? That was a silly thing...
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Personally i'm not holding my breath, yes the magazine went downhill under Stannard and i hope Louise Brown can stop the rot so to speak but it's hard to be optimistic. Having just read the utterly banal review of Bloodstock i hope at least there'll be better quality control on live reviews.
http://www.myspace.com/letemburn666 - Enrich your life and eardrums.
kilgore666@hotmail.com - For msn and gig booking related gayness for Let 'Em Bum.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:44 pm

Creeping Dan wrote:And they wont have to pay to be on the CD anymore? That was a silly thing...

Yeah, that was pretty disgraceful. Maybe the team can now choose unsigned bands on their individual merit rather than how rich they are.
jonny_boy34

Postby Creeping Dan on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn wrote:Personally i'm not holding my breath, yes the magazine went downhill under Stannard and i hope Louise Brown can stop the rot so to speak but it's hard to be optimistic. Having just read the utterly banal review of Bloodstock i hope at least there'll be better quality control on live reviews.

But this one. Its so much better. It is FULL of stuff i care about. The main problem with the others were that youd look at them and not know hardly any of the bands... id check some out, and most were utterly shit.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby Bestial Bill on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:50 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:
Creeping Dan wrote:And they wont have to pay to be on the CD anymore? That was a silly thing...

Yeah, that was pretty disgraceful. Maybe the team can now choose unsigned bands on their individual merit rather than how rich they are.

To be honest, paying £400 to be on 15000 CDs that are distributed worldwide doesn't sound that much of a rip-off to be honest. They are running a business after all. It's hardly a new thing either - as far as I know contributions to the CDs have been run on a paid basis for as long as they've been - please correct me if I'm wrong Ian.
'Summon the cleansing of this world! Armageddon unleashed upon Earth!'
Bestial Bill

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:53 pm

Nah, that's true. The only difference with others it that the bands label pays the fee.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby terrorizer on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:57 am

Bestial Bill wrote:To be honest, paying £400 to be on 15000 CDs that are distributed worldwide doesn't sound that much of a rip-off to be honest. They are running a business after all. It's hardly a new thing either - as far as I know contributions to the CDs have been run on a paid basis for as long as they've been - please correct me if I'm wrong Ian.

Haven't a clue about the nuts and bolts of running the magazine, but I'd assume you'd have to pay.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:37 am

It is good value to be fair for the coverage, the only problem nowadays though is that the past ropey band quality puts people off playing them so it doesn't have nearly the same impact. Not the mags fault, it's the shitty bands on the CD. money is money at the end of the day, must be hard to come up with 15/18 bands every month.

We went on a fear candy CD in an old band, we were chuffed at the time but like most have said, all it meant is that you bought your way on so it meant nothing. Split up soon after that, not for that reason but that was a big one of 'em.

Still, chin up....Now we're in this months issue and we give the fucking tunes away! Woo hooo! Swings and roundabouts....
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby meluaz on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 am

there really need to be more thrash fanzines in england, there arnt really any that come out regularly, i only know two, speed merchant is one of em
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby thrashduck on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:24 am

zurabmelua wrote:there really need to be more thrash fanzines in england, there arnt really any that come out regularly, i only know two, speed merchant is one of em

So Zurab, how would you fancy being EDITOR of the FASTEST selling UK THRASH FANZINE in the UK!? How could a man such as yourself turn up this oppurtunity! Imagine the girls! The fame! The members of Evile and Gama Bomb who would talk to you! The sky is literally the limit! OH MY GOD!
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck