Welcome to UK Thrash!

Hellfest 202088

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Hellfest 202088

Postby Stevedot2 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 pm

Driving! Ferry from Dover to Calais, then the looooong drive to Clisson, I should be getting my car MOT'd this week or next so I will be sorted. Shit, I just realised I don't even have a tent!
Stevedot2

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:56 pm

Just got back from Hellfest, was a proper delicious festival and to top it off i saw someone in a Let 'Em Burn shirt which made my day i'll tell ya. Only downside being having to leave before Slayer played :( Roll on Graspop next week and Waldrock the week after :D
http://www.myspace.com/letemburn666 - Enrich your life and eardrums.
kilgore666@hotmail.com - For msn and gig booking related gayness for Let 'Em Bum.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby ThrashConvert on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:22 am

Fucking ace festival!! Reckon it may have been me you spotted wearing the let em burn shirt, well i was on the sunday anyway. Justs a shame the evile boys never showed up, but seeing groups like forbidden made up for any of the minor dissapointments!
IM NOT DRUNK!!!
I have a speech impediment........
and an inner ear infection.........
and a stomach virus!!!
ThrashConvert

Postby Stevedot2 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Yeah what was all that about, Evile just not playing, explanation anyone?

Kilgore, don't worry, Slayer were pretty disapointing. They played a load of new stuff, nothing off of Show No Merci, they played Hell Awaits which was awesome, then they just played Angel of Death and Raining blood off that album. Afterwards I looked like someone had dropped a load of dust on top of me.

Best Bands for me were - Testament (had to leave the pit half way through cause the dust was so bad I was gonna throw up). Death Angel, Municipal Waste, Iced Earth (although sadly not amazing) Forbidden, Cavalera Conspiracy (Although I left after a few songs which leads to a whole other story)

Some rediculous moments - Picked up the two other guys I went with (one of whome is Art, aka Enter on here) and drove for about 15 minutes, we were going down some dual carriage way in London when Chris, the other guy goes "Dude something just fell off the car!". I left my fucking bag on the roof. Luckily it didn't cause a horrific mass pile-up, just fell to the cetral reservation bit when I changed lanes going about 50 mph. Had to drive back the other way and stop on the edge in so Art could run back and get it. Not a good start.

Next, I left Cavalera Conspiracy early cause it started raining and I had left my sleeping back hanging from the gazebo. So I got back to our camp in the dark, it was seriously dark, and I thought I could see someone crouched down in the middle of our camp under the gazebo, I was standing about 4 feet away and could kind of see a figure. So I was like "WTF" trying to see if it was actually a person, then I thought I saw a fucking dog lying on the floor aswell (I wasn't sure at the time, but there bloody was a big alsation), I was freaking out, it was fucking weird. So I unlocked my phone to use the little light it gives out (shitty temporary one until I get a new one) and shon it on the guy, and said "errrr, excuse me, errrrr, this is our camp..... errrr, excuse me.... this OUR camp" and he just grunted. I wasn't gonna fuck with him so I texted Art even though I knew he probably wouldn't get the message. So next call was trying to find a security gaurd who could speak english, when I finally did, he was useless and told me to wait for my friends and then get rid of him. So I went back to check if the guy was still there and he was lying down, asleep, with his shoes off in his sleeping bag, this is when I realised there actually was a dog so I just left and waited for the other two to come back after the gig. So I waited for like 45 minutes and eventually they came out, we went back and woke the guy up and Chris tried to tell him to go, he just swore at us and sat there doing nothing. So we were trying to reason with him and he did speak a little English, but just was being a total prick, he sat there, rolled a cigerette and walked off to find someone with a lighter, then came back and just stood there smoking it. So basically I went off again to get security but they were fucking useless, the guy I spoke to before sent me to somewhere else and they just couldn't understand properly and didn't want to. At this point I got a text from Art saying to come back, the guy had left. He was apparently a hobo, many jokes were made from this point on.

Last one, sitting on the floor just before Slayer (I think) right up near the front and a drumstick comes flying out of nowhere and hits me fucing hard on my knee, and some guy just picked it up and kept it. There were people standing infront so I have no idea how it didn't hit them.

So yeah I've driven something like 1,400 miles and done about 26 hours of traveling but I think it was all worth it. Most used quote of the weekend was "Damn it Steve!".

This post is too long.

PS I'm all sun burnt.
Stevedot2

Postby Enter on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:18 pm

Stevedot2 wrote:Yeah what was all that about, Evile just not playing, explanation anyone?

Kilgore, don't worry, Slayer were pretty disapointing. They played a load of new stuff, nothing off of Show No Merci, they played Hell Awaits which was awesome, then they just played Angel of Death and Raining blood off that album. Afterwards I looked like someone had dropped a load of dust on top of me.

Best Bands for me were - Testament (had to leave the pit half way through cause the dust was so bad I was gonna throw up). Death Angel, Municipal Waste, Iced Earth (although sadly not amazing) Forbidden, Cavalera Conspiracy (Although I left after a few songs which leads to a whole other story)

Some rediculous moments - Picked up the two other guys I went with (one of whome is Art, aka Enter on here) and drove for about 15 minutes, we were going down some dual carriage way in London when Chris, the other guy goes "Dude something just fell off the car!". I left my fucking bag on the roof. Luckily it didn't cause a horrific mass pile-up, just fell to the cetral reservation bit when I changed lanes going about 50 mph. Had to drive back the other way and stop on the edge in so Art could run back and get it. Not a good start.

Next, I left Cavalera Conspiracy early cause it started raining and I had left my sleeping back hanging from the gazebo. So I got back to our camp in the dark, it was seriously dark, and I thought I could see someone crouched down in the middle of our camp under the gazebo, I was standing about 4 feet away and could kind of see a figure. So I was like "WTF" trying to see if it was actually a person, then I thought I saw a fucking dog lying on the floor aswell (I wasn't sure at the time, but there bloody was a big alsation), I was freaking out, it was fucking weird. So I unlocked my phone to use the little light it gives out (shitty temporary one until I get a new one) and shon it on the guy, and said "errrr, excuse me, errrrr, this is our camp..... errrr, excuse me.... this OUR camp" and he just grunted. I wasn't gonna fuck with him so I texted Art even though I knew he probably wouldn't get the message. So next call was trying to find a security gaurd who could speak english, when I finally did, he was useless and told me to wait for my friends and then get rid of him. So I went back to check if the guy was still there and he was lying down, asleep, with his shoes off in his sleeping bag, this is when I realised there actually was a dog so I just left and waited for the other two to come back after the gig. So I waited for like 45 minutes and eventually they came out, we went back and woke the guy up and Chris tried to tell him to go, he just swore at us and sat there doing nothing. So we were trying to reason with him and he did speak a little English, but just was being a total prick, he sat there, rolled a cigerette and walked off to find someone with a lighter, then came back and just stood there smoking it. So basically I went off again to get security but they were fucking useless, the guy I spoke to before sent me to somewhere else and they just couldn't understand properly and didn't want to. At this point I got a text from Art saying to come back, the guy had left. He was apparently a hobo, many jokes were made from this point on.

Last one, sitting on the floor just before Slayer (I think) right up near the front and a drumstick comes flying out of nowhere and hits me fucing hard on my knee, and some guy just picked it up and kept it. There were people standing infront so I have no idea how it didn't hit them.

So yeah I've driven something like 1,400 miles and done about 26 hours of traveling but I think it was all worth it. Most used quote of the weekend was "Damn it Steve!".

This post is too long.

PS I'm all sun burnt.

Dude i think that was motorheads drumstick too
Enter

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Stevedot2 wrote:Yeah what was all that about, Evile just not playing, explanation anyone?

Apparently they had bus problems but i'm not sure if that's 100% accurate, just what i heard.
http://www.myspace.com/letemburn666 - Enrich your life and eardrums.
kilgore666@hotmail.com - For msn and gig booking related gayness for Let 'Em Bum.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn