Welcome to UK Thrash!

Elimination new EP - Nightmare Asylum!!! Check it!!!

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby MartinC on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:07 pm

Surely I've done enough to earn 'Cunt of the Year'?
MartinC

Postby jonny_boy34 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:11 pm

I don't know, we've got a few more months to go yet, you better just keep it up.
jonny_boy34

Postby MartinC on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:13 pm

Don't worry, as long as there are plenty more bands like Elimination I'll have plenty of material.
MartinC

Postby Will on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Aww all because I insulted your music taste.

I wasn't moaning I was saying that I really don't care what an arctic monkeys/kasabian/shit like that etc fan thinks of my band's music.

If we cared about what you thought we'd already be dressing like you and the bands you listen to so we can get a good review next time.

Basically leave reviewing thrash metal bands here to the thrash FANS here
Will

Postby MartinC on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:29 pm

Will wrote:Aww all because I insulted your music taste.

I wasn't moaning I was saying that I really don't care what an arctic monkeys/kasabian/shit like that etc fan thinks of my band's music.

If we cared about what you thought we'd already be dressing like you and the bands you listen to so we can get a good review next time.

The reviewing was left largely to thrash metal fans and it resulted in every single band getting 8/10 and a sucked dick, which is preposterous and not in the slightest critical. I'm a fan of music, I reviewed your band against any other band, be it reggae, indie, metal, pop, etc etc and I'm afraid your band just isn't convincing in any musical context, which is why you got 5/10. It's a testament (no pun intended) to your band if you're too scared to be reviewed by people who love nothing other than thrash metal, to be honest. I'm confident if people listened to my band, regardless of their music taste, they'd still be able to respect it whether they liked it or not. Stop being a wuss.

It's all very well saying you aren't bothered about my review, but you obviously are or you wouldn't have said anything in the first place, so thanks - I'm touched.
Last edited by MartinC on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartinC

Postby Bangover on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:31 pm

are we gonna have to go through another Jekazol moment?

I hope so
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover

Postby Dian Wei on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:34 pm

As somebody else who reviewed for that zine i have to say martin's review was very good. His frank honesty gave the zine a bit more respectability than the rest of our reviews which where generally too positive.

And as for bitching about somebody not liking your bad just because their music tastes just so happen to contain more "mainstream" music is just fucking childish, grow up.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby MartinC on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:37 pm

I could listen to Girls Aloud all day and Elimination still wouldn't get any better.
MartinC

Postby lyallthomas on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:43 pm

Will wrote:Aww all because I insulted your music taste.

You've just proved again that you dont know what it takes to get a good review. If you dress like us and listen to some good music you'll still get a shit review- because your songs are awful. Heretic's music speaks for itself. And fuck being a thrash fan. Grow up. Grow a bollocks- and be a music fan. You dont have to be into metal to cover up your lack of testosterone- its ok.
lyallthomas

Postby Silent Cream on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:10 pm

I only play songs I have written myself so..
I remember a Nirvana tune, 'I Hate Myself and I Want to Die.' As much as I like Kurt Cobain. I can't have people like that coming over here, on smack, fucking saying that they hate themselves and they wanna die. That's fucking rubbish. Kids don't need to be hearing that non-sense.
Silent Cream

Postby boovidge on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:11 pm

MartinC wrote:The reviewing was left largely to thrash metal fans and it resulted in every single band getting 8/10 and a sucked dick, which is preposterous and not in the slightest critical.

I don't think the reason this happened was because the reviewers were fans of thrash. It was because we let people review what they wanted so naturally they were going to pick something they liked.
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby MartinC on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:21 pm

boovidge wrote:
MartinC wrote:The reviewing was left largely to thrash metal fans and it resulted in every single band getting 8/10 and a sucked dick, which is preposterous and not in the slightest critical.

I don't think the reason this happened was because the reviewers were fans of thrash. It was because we let people review what they wanted so naturally they were going to pick something they liked.

Fair enough, but the point I was trying to make was that this Will guy is miffed his demo got reviewed by someone who isn't a 'proper' fan of thrash and he thinks if I had been it would have got a better review, which isn't the case at all. He doesn't understand what reviewing is actually about.
MartinC

Postby Mikey on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:23 pm

MartinC wrote:I wasn't going to say anything, but then Will moaned about my review, so here's another one:

The Eliminator

I like how this starts with a really long, boring, out-of-time, crappy lead guitar part, because it really sets you up for the plod-a-long riff that follows it. I also like the poor mixing of the vocals, which suddenly become a little bit louder when they realised they were a bit too quiet. The drum fills are spectacular too. I also like the rhyming dictionary approach to lyric writing:

"You never know who to trust - people seem to be filled with lust"

Overall, my favourite thing about this song is how not one riff is actually good at all.

Nightmare Asylum

Surprise, surprise - guitarist feels the need to show everyone he can play lead again by throwing in an uninspired, emotionless piece of crap right from the get go. Oh wait, what's this! It's suddenly gone into an UTTERLY MENTAL THRASH RIFF! THIS IS OFF THE HOOK! I AM HEAD-BASHING LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE!

10/10

Martin is win!
oxfordrocks wrote:Although I have sympathy for those affected.

You have to remember- It serves them right for being knuckle dragging northeners.

http://www.myspace.com/sekhmetuk
New tracks up, check them out
Mikey

Postby Will on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Come on, I really don't care about it, it was just one post where I just wanted an excuse to insult Martin's music taste and a second to explain it and I get all this. I am a music fan first my favourite bands aren't thrash but I am a fan of the genre.

It doesn't matter as I'm just gonna log off my girlfriends laptop now, drink and have a fucking better friday night than the rest of you. ;)
Will

Postby MartinC on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:21 pm

Man, I sure feel like a dick now. If I'd have known Will had a girlfriend and he was actually going out on a Friday night... I sure have egg on my face now.
MartinC