Welcome to UK Thrash!

Rise Above gig

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Rise Above gig

Postby Bangover on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:34 am

waaaaa tommorow! Billy pm me your mobile number yeah? i think we'll prob get into london 2:30 ish or something waaa go on msn
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:48 am

Fucking hell that was bloody fantastic.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Oh my bloody god, that was the best thing ever. Fucking hell! Here we go:

Came in halfway through Serpentcult, they were pretty good, not a fan of the female singer, her voice was a bit too normal and not powerful enough for that kind of music. But quite nice.

Litmus were pretty fucking awesome! Their first song was the best, it rocked my face off, the rest of their set was good, with the highlight being a cover of an early Pink Floyd song, Interstellar Overdrive I think, that was bloody nice. As the set went on, it got a little bit samey, but was still quite atmospheric and nice.

Moss were bloody madness. I only watched about 10 minutes of their set. I walked passed and found myself drawn in to their slow droney madness, and it captivated me for a little while, but then it got a bit too intense for my poor brain, so I managed to drag myself away from it. Pretty intense though, I'd like to see them again and be a bit more prepared for it and in the right mood.

Diagonal! AAHAHGAHAGHAGAHGAHHGHAGHAGAHGH! They nearly brought me to bloody tears. I just can't believe such an unbelievable amazing band exists. They completely blew my mind again, and I think it was the best time I've seen them too. Absolutely ridiculously amazing. Heavy Language and Cloud of the Thunder-child made me feel like an emotional gay man, and Semi-Permeable Men-brain just fucking blew my bloody socks off and had me dancing like a maniac. Amazing. Best band ever. EVER!

Then it was time for absolute non-stop rocking with the Gentlemans Pistols, second best band of the day after Diagonal for me. They just bloody rocked my face right off. They're brilliant. It's amazing that bands like this exist, they must have stumbled across some kind of teleporting device in the seventies to come here and blow our mind with their brilliant rock. Amazing.

I didn't watch Taint, they sounded a bit boring, and I watched a bit of Grand Magus but found them quite boring as well, but nice, but I couldn't be bothered, I needed a bloody rest.

Then came the Electric Wizard, goodness me! They destroyed my brain completely. They made Stu fall asleep, but they put me into a trance of doom. I think it helped that I was drunk, but it was amazing. Powerful indeed. I can't remember much of it that clearly, it all became a blur of amazing doom, but it was magnificent. When they finished playing, I could hardly move or speak, I just wanted to roar and do everything really slowly. Brilliant.

So basically, that was the second best gig ever, just underneath the Melloboat. Rise Above are the best label ever and I can't believe it. I also bought the new Capricorns album, which is fucking fantastic, and the Gentlemans Pistols album, which rocks my face off very hard.

Amazing.
jonny_boy34

Postby Bangover on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:51 pm

sdaghfkl`;mgsnfjzd`gkzlf;z≈v

Bangover

Postby Bangover on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:22 pm

Diagonal and the E Wizzers were so fucking incredible. I am in love with Liz.

Edit: Bill....I think it's time you explained missing Electric Wizard.

Bangover

Postby Mazz on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:56 am

It was insane. I have a two day hangover.
"...maybe we'll play some twister and do some breakdancing?"

http://www.myspace.com/groanuk
http://www.myspace.com/ratzzzass
Mazz

Postby Dian Wei on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:21 pm

I smoked some saliva in the bog before wizard then went mental, got scared and went home.

Other than that a perfect day.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Dian Wei

Postby James on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:29 pm

Presumably you mean salvia and not saliva
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Dian Wei on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:41 pm

Yeah............................................................. you tosser.

Dian Wei

Postby James on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:47 pm

:shhh:
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator