Welcome to UK Thrash!

Obituary plus Onslaught London Underworld

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby thrash metal maniac on Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:10 pm

Seregon-James wrote:After seeing Onslaught 3+ Times, I'm guessing they may of had an off night then or something, always a good show each time i've seen T' Slaught :?

I concur, they have always been good when I've seen them!

I can't believe I missed that gig though :wall: and I was listening to Obituary yesterday aswell!!!! :cry:
thrash metal maniac

Postby BEER CAN on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:26 pm

yes! this was amazing! fuck, Obituary were amazing, not impressed either by onslaught, although the new album sounds totally kick ass, I wasn't convinced by there live performance.
BEER CAN

Postby WHITE THRASH on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:09 pm

Each to his own, but I thought Obituary were shit. Opening with 'Find The Arise' is always good, but it was downhill from there. Not having Allen West is no bad thing, because frankly he's rubbish (same solo in every song), but that replacement guy.........what? He had me laughing out loud a few times with his determination to play every note of every solo on as high a fret as he could reach. And then bend it. Badly.

There was times when they were titanically sloppy, like a bad rehearsal, and Tardy didn't bother with vocals for a section of Slowly We Rot.

Rubbish. Thank The Good Lord Above I saw them in their prime.

Onslaught, who I'm not a huge fan of, were considerably better.
WHITE THRASH

Postby Bangover on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:54 pm

WHITE THRASH wrote:Each to his own, but I thought Obituary were shit. Opening with 'Find The Arise' is always good, but it was downhill from there. Not having Allen West is no bad thing, because frankly he's rubbish (same solo in every song), but that replacement guy.........what? He had me laughing out loud a few times with his determination to play every note of every solo on as high a fret as he could reach. And then bend it. Badly.

There was times when they were titanically sloppy, like a bad rehearsal, and Tardy didn't bother with vocals for a section of Slowly We Rot.

Rubbish. Thank The Good Lord Above I saw them in their prime.

Onslaught, who I'm not a huge fan of, were considerably better.

It can't be true. If it is.....I'll scream as loud as I can
Bangover