Welcome to UK Thrash!

drumming fingers

Chat about playing musical instruments

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby Viking on Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:47 pm

southwestthrasher wrote:check out this stuff, you can wrap it round your hands and sticks so no damage occurs, i got mine the other day and it really works! totally reccomended stuff

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200064727057&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSEE_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=200060212707&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget :rockdevil:

I used to use the adhesive tapes years ago. I just found it really auquard to hold the stick because what I found is that the stickyness of the tape prevents you from manipulating your hand around the stick while playing because I found that I wasn't always holding the stick the same way all of the time. I was holding my sticks differently from when I would be doing blasts to slower tempo beats. While doing blasts I would be holding the stick between my thumb and pointing finger, slower beats I would nearly have my whole hand wraped around the stick. Its all down to what you feal is more comfortable for you while playing.

I settled myself into playing with Pro Marc Japanese Oak nylon tipped sticks with Olympus tennis racket grip tape, way better than using that shitty expensive Ahead grip tape, that stuff just dissintigrates!
Viking