Welcome to UK Thrash!

FTA is BACK ON!!!

Full Thrash Assault news/discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records, Stevedot2

Re: FTA is BACK ON!!!

Postby Stevedot2 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Waaaaaaaaaaa! What a mental weekend that was. The Friday gig in Leeds was really cool, was great to see Pitiful Reign at last, even though I missed like 3 songs cause I was waiting at the over crowded bar!

FTA was great, I'm really really happy with how it all went, and a MASSIVE thanks goes to Malc the sound guy cause he was sound. I seriously don't know what I would have done without him, I really didn't do much on the day other than take money and supply the drumkit, lol. All the bands were awesome, but the big suprise for me was just how good Visceral Attack are! I'd listened to the Myspace stuff but when I saw them live they just blew me away, absolutely amazing, and I know everyone was in love with them.

SSS were brilliant, such a nice buch of guys, shame they couldn't have been down earlier but it's all good, people do have to work.
Seregon, HOD, Amok, Let Em Burn, everyone put on an awesome set.

Thank you to everyone that came, and all the bands for playing! And thanks for making it a great day!

The aftermath of FTA was so much fun! Drinking in the Travel Lodge with Dan, Dave, Josh, Stefan Andy and the hilarious Plodman, who passed out on the bed then resurrected to carry on partying! Also Amok who were just across the coridor, pissed off the vocalist by asking if they had any spare beer I could buy but they're all lovely lads. Was hilarious when we found Kieth wandering around in his pants carrying his jeans! The beer quest at something like 2:30am was amazing, even though nobody trusted me, cab to the 24hr offy, 16 beers then back to the travellodge.

I think that's everything I had to say, so yeah, once again thanks everyone! Can't wait to see the photos and hear the interviews!
Stevedot2

Postby Creeping Dan on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:21 pm

I would have stayed drinking longer but i was soooooo tired. Next time we will have to have more beer ready!
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby metaldazza on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:34 pm

It's really good to hear about an epic gig outside of London. Nice one lads.
New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby Creeping Dan on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Where is Josh? You'll love some of the photos haha.
Creeping Dan

Postby thrasherdave on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:37 pm

That travel lodge party was a little mental. Completely bizarre how Amok just happened to bein the room opposite :lol:
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby Stevedot2 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:02 pm

Oh Jesus Christ! How could I forget to thank Gaz and Sutty from Chewin Druids for offering us a place to stay, super cool!

Oh and thanks to Josh for watching the door for me when I had business to attend to.

I've decided to become the full time promoter for White Hazzard, I'm sure I could do a much better job than the guy who posted on here!!!! :rockdevil:
Stevedot2

Postby Creeping Dan on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:35 pm

I just remembered that, Dave Josh, Steve and I heard some very loud sex when we were on the way upstairs in the hotel. Very funny.
Creeping Dan

Postby thrasherdave on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:48 pm

HAHAHA oh God I forgot abut that!
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby origamikid on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Creeping Dan wrote:I just remembered that, Dave Josh, Steve and I heard some very loud sex when we were on the way upstairs in the hotel. Very funny.

really? hahaha i dont remeber that. I DO remeber all those people who told us to be quiet who each had a hot girlfreind in nothing but towles standing by there own doors with various people shouting my new favourite phrase thanks to Plodman "i want to rod her" hahahaha what an epic phrase, thanks plod!!
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby AdamAttack-VA on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:35 pm

What a deadly day. A fuckin huge cheers to Steve for keepin FTA alive! Twas my first FTA experience and it was such a class one at that. Had so much fun :D

Was great to see all the bands that played. Bands that slayed for me were HOD, SSS, Amok and Lifeless.

Was great to meet all of the UKthrashers and the bands. All sound as a pound. A big thanks in particular to HOD for bein ultimate legends! Great craic! :lol: And to Paul and Josh for the interview for the podcast! The HOD interview was interesting... Haha.

The sound was awesome. The dudes were so easy to work with too. I love it when a plan comes together. Playin was good fun! Snooty Fox is a great venue.

Cheers to everyone who came and bought a CD/ t-shirt. Oh and all the kind words so far. We def comin back over to England in the summer!

The Reverend D wrote:
A lot of talk about bumming though... Mainly from me.

... Indeed :lol:
AdamAttack-VA

Postby Creeping Dan on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Ahh Adam man! You have to come back because i missed you guys. You are such a sound guy aswell. Many drinks and good times to be had next time you're here (bug HOD to get you here).
Creeping Dan

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Yeah, I'd like to have you back over blates. 3 day mini weekend tour could be fun late this year?
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby keith_amok on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:02 am

thrasherdave wrote:That travel lodge party was a little mental. Completely bizarre how Amok just happened to bein the room opposite :lol:

haha aye what were the chances of that that! Right good laugh! I was completly grubbered! Cracker
Come to the THRASH ISLAND!!!!!!!!

SCOTTISH THRASH METAL - http://www.facebook.com/#!/amokscotland
keith_amok

Postby Stevedot2 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:25 am

Yeah VA just come back when you can and left everyone know, gotta get gigage going!!!! VA are fucking amazing, Lez is missing out on major amazingness.
Stevedot2

Postby metaltony on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:19 am

Awesome weekend! i still feel drunk..haha
metaltony