Welcome to UK Thrash!

where's the old guard?

Full Thrash Assault news/discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records, Stevedot2

where's the old guard?

Postby gamabomb on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:50 pm

hi

not being a dick but there arnt too many of the older (or more established) thrashers on the FTA07 list. at a glance it could do with deceptor, mass extinction, MUTANT or nezbukadnesa. i know they are tryin to push newer bands this year but someone like headless cross ect would probably pull a better crowed.

just a thought.
GAMA BOMB - Faster Is Gooder
gamabomb

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:59 pm

we're playing and we're fuckin ancient.
http://www.myspace.com/letemburn666 - Enrich your life and eardrums.
kilgore666@hotmail.com - For msn and gig booking related gayness for Let 'Em Bum.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby demonic-dave on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:04 pm

We are wanting to avoid bands who played last year, Mutant are playing two weeks after fta at the snooty anyway. Nezbukadnesa are playing a gig for me before in November with Circle Of tyrants, both Deceptor and Mass Extinction (Luci would have said yes if they had asked as she is a fan of theirs anyway) never even asked to play. Deadfall are popular in wakefield so they are playing and we have got Gama Bomb playing as well.

Let Em Burn are fast building up a good fan base round Yorkshire and probally one of the best Thrash bands around (we need at least one local band who are good), Amok went down a storm at Dominion, and Agankast are an experianced band who have also played Bloodstock.

That is why the bands we asked are playing, we tried to get either xentrix or Onslaught but Xentrix were not interested playing any gigs and we never heard anything from Onslaught. Hope that clears things up for anyone with doubts.

We tried to do a poll to give people as say on who they want to play that did not work out, cause one or two people complained about it. Most other event site have polls on who you want to play and we even narrowed it down to a few bands to give people an easier choice.

at the end of the day do people want an event with the same bands playing the same place year after year. I dont
demonic-dave

Postby Raging Paul on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:24 pm

demonic-dave wrote: both Deceptor and Mass Extinction (Luci would have said yes if they had asked as she is a fan of theirs anyway) never even asked to play.

Well I dont mean to be a nit-picker (though nits are pretty annoying) but we (Deceptor) did ask to play. If you look on the 'does your band want to play' thread its there on the second page. :wall:
Raging Paul

Postby demonic-dave on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:44 pm

Bollocks must have missed it. there were that much stuff on the post it is easy to miss stuff out.
demonic-dave

Postby Raging Paul on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:47 pm

Yeah i spose so, maybe we should have posted loads of back and forth messages with each other about off topic-nonsense to make it more obvious :lol:
Raging Paul

Postby demonic-dave on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:07 pm

when you have martin going on in a thread then it is easy to miss anything. One of Luci's favourate bands is Mass extintion (i did not make myself clear before)

Paul Luci will be in touch with you. sorry for missing you out.
demonic-dave

Postby Raging Paul on Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:55 pm

Thats alright, i know you cant exactly have every thrash band in the U.K. doing the fest. Ill be along to check out all the cool bands playing anyway!
Raging Paul

Postby boovidge on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:05 pm

did you ask sabbat to play?
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby Creeping_Dave on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:57 am

boovidge wrote:did you ask sabbat to play?

Despite my constant nagging, no I don't think they did. Could be wrong though.

Dave said to me that Sabbat doesn't exist anymore and they only reformed to do the COF dates as a favour and wouldn't be playing any other shows ever again lol.

Mind you, so far it pretty much seems every festival date they'd announced they've now pulled out of.
Creeping_Dave

Postby demonic-dave on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:56 pm

Creeping_Dave wrote:
boovidge wrote:did you ask sabbat to play?

Despite my constant nagging, no I don't think they did. Could be wrong though.

Dave said to me that Sabbat doesn't exist anymore and they only reformed to do the COF dates as a favour and wouldn't be playing any other shows ever again lol.

Mind you, so far it pretty much seems every festival date they'd announced they've now pulled out of.

I did tell Dave that. I either read it somewhere or was told by someone who is inside the industry, I cant remeber which.
demonic-dave

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:43 pm

they just played a fest in germany (keep it tr00 :lol: ) and are playing one in ireland in the summer...
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Creeping_Dave on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:08 pm

The Fourth Norseman wrote:they just played a fest in germany (keep it tr00 :lol: )

I'm sure I read they pulled out of Keep it True.. or did they play in the end? Unless it was a different one. Artillery were meant to be playing too but they pulled out aswell.
Creeping_Dave

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:21 pm

Creeping_Dave wrote:
The Fourth Norseman wrote:they just played a fest in germany (keep it tr00 :lol: )

I'm sure I read they pulled out of Keep it True.. or did they play in the end? Unless it was a different one. Artillery were meant to be playing too but they pulled out aswell.

Sabbat defiantely played
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Creeping_Dave on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:38 pm

The Fourth Norseman wrote:
Creeping_Dave wrote:

Sabbat defiantely played

Must have been a different festival then..
Creeping_Dave