Welcome to UK Thrash!

Who do you want to play FTA this year (final two places)

Full Thrash Assault news/discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records, Stevedot2

Who do you want to see at FTA

Viocosis
1%
Hostile
1%
Apex
15%
Seregon
29%
Sekhmet
43%
Rager
8%
Blackoutblack
1%

Total votes : 72

Postby zykloned on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:25 pm

boovidge wrote:I think this method of choosing bands is grossly unfair. Why don't you pick the bands yourself by judging their long term popularity via a range of sources, listen to the bands and make an impartial judgement?

It's a bit of a joke if bands get picked for big events such as FTA just because they asked their mates to vote for them on a forum poll.

=D>
zykloned

Postby Craig on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:32 pm

I agree, it just becomes a case of "whoever has the most mates" rather than the best band. I'm undecided whether to delete all of the Seregon accounts if they don't stick around and make a worthwhile contribution to the forum - as it's just a kind of glorified spam. Any thoughts?
Personal Site | Freelance Web Design | Last.fm

Bash.org wrote:<Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator

Postby demonic-dave on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:52 pm

boovidge wrote:I think this method of choosing bands is grossly unfair. Why don't you pick the bands yourself by judging their long term popularity via a range of sources, listen to the bands and make an impartial judgement?

It's a bit of a joke if bands get picked for big events such as FTA just because they asked their mates to vote for them on a forum poll.

We thought it would be a good idea to get the people who would be going to FTA to vote for the last couple of bands that they wanted to see. I did not think there is going to be a stink over it. We did pick the best bands for people to vote for out of a list of about 30 bands. The other five bands have been chosen by myself and thrash metal luci.
demonic-dave

Postby nuke on Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:12 pm

apex.....
nuke

Postby zykloned on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:55 pm

yeh, it would be a crime if apex don't play!
zykloned

Postby HellSpAwn on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:35 am

I totally agree that really the vote should be from the promoter, not the bands mates.

And people who sign up like 3 time with different names like "KIRI1, KIRI2 ect" is just stupid! if people have done this just to vote for us i am sorry.

But i can say at least 6 or 7 people who have signed on to vote for us will use the forum!

So its not like were just getting any random people to vote :P

But like James said were sorry that it's all gone this way!
Last edited by HellSpAwn on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
HellSpAwn

Postby sekhmet on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:40 am

^ditto to that from us!
sekhmet

Postby HellSpAwn on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:51 am

End of the day this music scene is a business and the promoter should get the band(s) there that will pull the most support!

All the bands that have been chosen are great and they wouldn’t be up there if they weren’t.

So if this vote is to continue at least just listen to all the bands, then judge them on there music. No more voting because there your mates or that you saw them at a gig and you really liked them.

As one of the other bands that you haven’t seen could be amazing and a vital band for the bill!

I know we are the top band that has got mates to vote for us and for that once again I am sorry it will not continue!
HellSpAwn

Postby MartinC on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:55 am

I say as punishment both Seregon and Sekhmet should hung, drawn and quartered. What say you, everyone else?
MartinC

Postby HellSpAwn on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:56 am

Yay!!!

Wait a sec.....
HellSpAwn

Postby BEER CAN on Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Craig wrote:I'm undecided whether to delete all of the Seregon accounts if they don't stick around and make a worthwhile contribution to the forum - as it's just a kind of glorified spam. Any thoughts?

I think you will have to do the same with sehkmet, that number is hardly a fair number from people who have voted who are on this forum..

demonic-dave wrote:what i want to know is will all these people be comming to wakefield.

I doubt it mate
BEER CAN

Postby Mikey on Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:47 pm

Yeah i checked the member lists last night to see who has been signing up and voting for us, i'l be speaking to them soon to let them know that their supposed "help" has damaged the bands reputation more than anything else.

I agree in that it should be down to the promoter on who plays since it's their gig.

I would love to play, as i'm sure everyone else would, but we'l just hav to see what happens.
oxfordrocks wrote:Although I have sympathy for those affected.

You have to remember- It serves them right for being knuckle dragging northeners.

http://www.myspace.com/sekhmetuk
New tracks up, check them out
Mikey

Postby BEER CAN on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:13 pm

haha! its actually a lot simpler than that, perhaps you should just stop 'TELLING!' random people to sign up and vote for your silly band, no need to look up random members lists, its not rocket science.

haha god im such a dick

but seriously i like sekhmet and seregon
BEER CAN

Postby MartinC on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:17 pm

Seriously, is anyone into the idea of medieval torture? I'd really like to see this happen. How about we stretch them on the rack?
MartinC

Postby BEER CAN on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:23 pm

haha, i know i know ive gone on too long now...but seriously, im well up for torturing people..... :eyes:
BEER CAN