Welcome to UK Thrash!

RIP Mike Alexander

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: RIP Mike Alexander

Postby STD_Caps on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:10 am

Tragic, difficult to believe and accept.

Rest in Peace, sir. Condolences to his family and friends. Very sad.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby Dian Wei on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:07 am

Raging Paul wrote:I've seen that Seregon are donating the proceeds from their EP release show to Mike's family, which is really thoughtful. I was thinking maybe us UK thrashers should put on a dedicated show to pay tribute to the guy, and also to try and raise some money for his family to help pay for funeral expenses. What do people think?

I think that's a very good idea myself.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Refused on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 am

Dian Wei wrote:
Raging Paul wrote:I've seen that Seregon are donating the proceeds from their EP release show to Mike's family, which is really thoughtful. I was thinking maybe us UK thrashers should put on a dedicated show to pay tribute to the guy, and also to try and raise some money for his family to help pay for funeral expenses. What do people think?

I think that's a very good idea myself.

I agree! I'm not sure what I can do to help out, but I'd be more than happy to donate some of my time to helping sort something.
Refused

Postby AaronThrashingMad on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:24 am

RIP Mike. You will be missed.
AaronThrashingMad

Postby metaldazza on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:30 am

I think it would be a great thing if the scene came together to put on one show in Mike's honour. He clearly loved what he did. I'll help in any way I can.
New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby Mazz on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:53 am

Just saw this on the Classic Rock website. Very sad news.
"...maybe we'll play some twister and do some breakdancing?"

http://www.myspace.com/groanuk
http://www.myspace.com/ratzzzass
Mazz

Postby Povey on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:12 am

Yeah I messaged Ian Terrorizer,Seregon James and Jamie about doing one yesterday. I did'nt really want to post anything on here to soon as this all happened out of the blue and I did'nt know how people would react to it, so soon after the incident.

The way I figure it is we are one big family here on UKthrash, We have all made some good friends because of the UKthrash and it would be a nice gesture from our community. I imagine that Earache will be doing there own thing like they did a few Xmas's ago with Vitek from Decapitated.

So we should do our own. With all money being raised going to Mike's Family or a charity of there choice. Like I mentioned above I have a few idea's myself but would like the input of everyone.
Povey

Postby danderson on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:43 am

such a tragic thing to happen!

r.i.p mike and best wishes to family and friends!
danderson

Postby Craig on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:29 am

+1 to the ideas about doing a show or donations thing. We've only had one donation for UKThrash so far, so I'll say now that any donations received via our paypal@ukthrash.co.uk PayPal account from now until the funds are handed over will be given to Mike's family.

If people want to contribute, please add to this fund, and myself and James can then coordinate sending it on. I'll be editing the text in the donations box as soon as I have time (I'm sitting in a uni lecture atm).
Personal Site | Freelance Web Design | Last.fm

Bash.org wrote:<Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator

Postby Radexplosion on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 am

goodnight sweet prince

some kind of fund raiser gig would be an awesome idea, dunno if I could do much but I would like to help
Radexplosion

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:53 am

Povey wrote:

Yeah I messaged Ian Terrorizer,Seregon James and Jamie about doing one yesterday. I did'nt really want to post anything on here to soon as this all happened out of the blue and I did'nt know how people would react to it, so soon after the incident.

The way I figure it is we are one big family here on UKthrash, We have all made some good friends because of the UKthrash and it would be a nice gesture from our community. I imagine that Earache will be doing there own thing like they did a few Xmas's ago with Vitek from Decapitated.

So we should do our own. With all money being raised going to Mike's Family or a charity of there choice. Like I mentioned above I have a few idea's myself but would like the input of everyone.

I really would love to help out on this one. For the short time I knew him, he did mean a lot to me, and I would love to do anything to help. And hey, it's least I can do after he trekked around with me for ages in Sheffield to find somewhere to fix my bass amp! Actually, even more amazing, he got up early and walked around to find out where the place was, then went back with my twice that day before the gig. There I was complaining about how long a walk it was, and he did it three times that day and didn't moan once, just to help me out. Just one example of what an absolutely bloody amazing guy he was!
jonny_boy34

Postby metaltony on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Maybe FTA in his memory?
metaltony

Postby metaltony on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Craig wrote:+1 to the ideas about doing a show or donations thing. We've only had one donation for UKThrash so far, so I'll say now that any donations received via our paypal@ukthrash.co.uk PayPal account from now until the funds are handed over will be given to Mike's family.

If people want to contribute, please add to this fund, and myself and James can then coordinate sending it on. I'll be editing the text in the donations box as soon as I have time (I'm sitting in a uni lecture atm).

i will spread the word on the Evile forum,thats a great idea :D
metaltony

Postby siobhan on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:11 pm

RIP Mike Alexander, you will live on in our hearts and our minds.
I have been devastated since I got the news on Monday night, just torn apart.
I keep crying and just wishing it wasn't true, I miss him already.
My thoughts are with his family and with Matt, Ol and Ben, can't even imagine how they feel right now.
RIP Mike Alexander, a true gentleman of thrash and a hero. Never forgotten bro, never forgotten x
siobhan

Postby AdamAttack-VA on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Talked to him in Dublin briefly when they played with Exodus and Gama Bomb, seemed like such a sound guy. Tragic news. RIP.
AdamAttack-VA