Welcome to UK Thrash!

The Dark Knight Rises SLDHASLDKJFADSMNVADKJVHlsdjkh

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: The Dark Knight Rises SLDHASLDKJFADSMNVADKJVHlsdjkh

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Indeed, the acting muscles he had to flex pretending to be John Travolta pretending to be Nic Cage was oscar-worthy for sure!
jonny_boy34

Postby Dian Wei on Thu May 24, 2012 2:17 am

He is good, Lewis knows just how hilarious he can get.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:21 am

My good grief. Trying to book tickets for the IMAX showing of TDKR is worse than the experience I had trying to book AC/DC tickets. I actually can't believe how mental this is.
jonny_boy34

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Well, it took me 12 hours but I finally got them. 12 hours. For fucking cinema tickets. It better be a bloody good film.
jonny_boy34

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah it was well bloody good.
jonny_boy34

Postby Atom on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Still not seen it, urgh!
Atom

Postby James on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:21 pm

I enjoyed it but it was rather long and I wouldn't be particularly bothered about seeing it again.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:05 pm

I thought it wasn't long enough and wanted to see it again immediately after the film finished!

Saying that, I did get round to seeing it for the second time last week, and since the excitement of the IMAX glory had died down, I can admit that it does drag a little bit in the middle of the film. It's strange though, I actually felt that certain elements of the story were rushed over too quickly (e.g. Selina Kyle's character and motivations, the big quick twist at the end, more Bane origin goodness) which is what initially made me want the film to be longer. But then again if they had cut out bits of the middle, Gotham's reckoning would've seemed like it happened too quick. So I think it needded to be that long to tell the whole story. But there was a lot of story to tell for one film, maybe that was the problem.

Either way, the film has its faults, like The Dark Knight did and like many other films do, but at the end of the day it was absolutely fantastically entertaining from start to finish, rather emotional too (Alfred was wonderful, and that bit of Bane emotion near the end was amazing), and just a fantastic cinematic experience. I also thought Bane was an amazing character, maybe even better than the Joker in some ways (blaspheme I know, but I am in love with Tom Hardy), and his voice was absolutely amazing and hilarious in the best possible way. "I'm here to fulfil Ra'as Al Ghul DESTINY!" "Victory has defeated YOU!" "Aaah... you think darkness is your ally... you merely adopted the daaark... I was born in it... MOOOULDED by it... I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!"

Basically, amazing stuff. Despite the flaws, I had a wonderful time watching this and would watch it many more times!
jonny_boy34