Welcome to UK Thrash!

Lazarus AD + Bonded by Blood - O2 Islington in March!!!

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Lazarus AD + Bonded by Blood - O2 Islington in March!!!

Postby Stevedot2 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 pm

London tomorrow gguuuyyysss!! GO!
Stevedot2

Postby Animal_MkIV on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:06 pm

I'll be at the Leeds gig on Saturday. Looking forward to it. \,,/
Space is curved
Either that or my car pulls to the left...

CopperBomb
Animal_MkIV

Postby Stevedot2 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Ah, this was awesome. But London should be ashamed, there were THREE of us in the pit, pitiful.
The new BBB vocalist is really good!
Stevedot2

Postby RedBurp on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Glad to hear the new vocalist is good, will be seeing them tuesday in southampton
RedBurp

Postby Shugmaster on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Good performances by both bands in Glasgow last night. Pitiful turnout. Probably less than 100 folk there. Then again, Boyzone were playing Glasgow last night too.
Shugmaster

Postby metaldazza on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:15 pm

I'd say the London show had about 150 which is bigger than their first show at the Purple Turtle but less than their second show at the Underworld..... but they were with Gama Bomb then so it was a better thrash show.

Stevedot2 is right though the crowd was pretty static in london.... a lot of the Exiled To Earth material just doesn't work live IMHO it's too complex and twiddly. I'm not sure it suits the singer either. He's good and he gives a really good performance but the Feed The Beast material comes across a lot better (I like both albums btw).

Did anyone notice Alex (lead guitar) was totally distant from the band. He gave an excellent performance but hardly spoke to anyone before/after the gig. He just stood at the back doing some cool tricks with his yoyo. I get the feeling there is trouble in that camp. When other band member came to the back (where the merch stand was) they just ignored him.
New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby RedBurp on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Maybe he is just a dick
RedBurp

Postby Heavy Metal Bastard on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Judging by the general response to the London show, it looks like they may be pleasantly surprised with what they've got waiting for them in Norwich on Wednesday! Looking forward to seeing 'em live again (not seen em since that first show at the underworld which was incredible), will be interesting to see them with the new lineup and playing the new material. I do hope they play plenty off Feed the Beast though. The whole gig is going to melt my brain, far too much killer thrash!!

I know very little of LaZarus AD, however. Are they highly recommended?
Heavy Metal Bastard

Postby Shugmaster on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:50 am

Heavy Metal Bastard wrote:I know very little of LaZarus AD, however. Are they highly recommended?

First album "The Onslaught" was very good but the new one "Black Rivers Flow" has been getting a wee bit panned for a slight change in direction (clean vocals being thrown into the mix). They put on a good performance in Glasgow.
Shugmaster

Postby Shugmaster on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:54 am

Lazarus A.D.'s van broken into in Southampton:

http://bit.ly/ihm9XW

Don't be expecting to see them back in England any time soon.
Shugmaster

Postby metaldazza on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:11 am

This really sucks.... like they say, luckily their gear was on stage.

This is what happens when your follow up album isn't thrash enough.... bands beware ;)
New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby Atom on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:09 pm

That is HARSH.
Atom

Postby Heavy Metal Bastard on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:37 pm

The Norwich gig was awesome on Wednesday night, although I was hoping for a better turnout. Those who came fucking loved it.

IT wasn't without drama, though. The Bonded boys had a breakdown en route, and LaZarus AD had their own problems, so BBB didn't arrive at the venue until 7:30 and LaZarus AD even later! Luckily between Shrapnel and the venue we managed to organise a backline so things got started on time, but something tells me after all the problems of the past few days they'll be glad to see the back of this country! Both bands played great (slightly shortened) sets, though, with BBB particularly awesome. I really enjoyed the new stuff, but the first album is really their strongest material (ditto LaZarus AD). Immortal Life, Feed The Beast and Mind Pollution the highlights for me, as well as an unreleased instrumental from the "Exiled..." sessions. Awesome. Both bands were still in good spirits despite everything, and we all hung around for beers afterwards. Our drummer beat Carlos from BBB in a transatlantic battle of the thrash drummers on the pool table, a real good atmosphere for that one! managed to get my "fight til death" BBB shirt signed by the band too. One of the original BBB t shirts from the pre-earache days, so thats a real collectors item now! All a good bunch of guys, and really made up for the stuttering start to the night.

I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't help but feel that this tour could have got more support from the labels. I know Earache and Metal Blade don't have shit loads of cash to throw at these tours, but fuckin hell. I know BBB were asking fans for places to stay on the whole tour, and they seemed to be doing things very independently in all respects, despite so many set backs. Since I've been into BBB, I've always held them pretty much on the same level as Gama Bomb and Evile, but just lately it seems Earache are so busy pushing Evile, some of these other bands aren't getting as much exposure any more. I guess Evile are doing really well at the moment, but given a bit more backing, I'm sure Bonded coulda been playing much bigger places to much bigger crowds than they have done on this tour (crowds of 100 for Bonded by Blood? Shocking...). But I don't really know a great deal about how these tours work, since I'm a bit of a bumpkin. Its very possible I'm talking right out of my arse :D

Hopefully see both bands back next year on a bigger and more successful tour.
Heavy Metal Bastard