Welcome to UK Thrash!

Iron Maiden @ Brixton Academy

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Iron Maiden @ Brixton Academy

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sat May 26, 2007 10:57 pm

Maiden are doing another one of their Clive Burr fundraisers, this time back at Brixton. I'm not going though, it'll be the boring 'A Matter of the Beast' setlist (wonder how long it took them to come up with that one... it doesn't even bloody mean anything!), and being a charity gig will probably be too expensive for me, considering tickets go on sale Friday 1st June. But the last time I saw Maiden at Brixton - which was the first time I ever saw them, and the third night of the first lot of Clive Burr fundraiser gigs, it was one of the best experiences of my life. But it the Brave New World tour, which was unbelievably amazing... unfortunately I cannot say the same for this one.

But anyway, is anyone going to go?

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... icleid=602

The news article says it'll be their last UK gig for at least a year... perhaps that means a live Powerslave extravaganza in the summer or at the end of 2008? Yes please!
jonny_boy34

Postby Dian Wei on Sat May 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Brixton Academy holds just 4,800 and tickets for this intimate performance will go on sale to members of the Iron Maiden fan club at 9am on Friday 25th May. The box office will open to the general public a week later on Friday 1st June

Any money they will all be sold out by then.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Raging Paul on Sun May 27, 2007 6:47 pm

I love the way they call the Brixton Academy an intimate gig hahaha
Raging Paul

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Sun May 27, 2007 6:55 pm

was at the 2005 brixton show, intense indeed!
The Fourth Norseman