Welcome to UK Thrash!

ONSLAUGHT UK DATES

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: ONSLAUGHT UK DATES

Postby elvis666 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 am

Hi Guys
Let get this straight..'THE BAND DID NOT PULL OUT OF THESE SHOWS' we didn't wanna get into any kind of slanging match with anyone over this but i'm really fucked off and we have to set the record straight...
If anyone wants to tell a different story to mine, they can fucking try, because i have saved all the emails and text messages etc to back this up...

We had a deal with the same promoter for both the Brum & Nuneaton show, nothing major in terms of finance, after all this is the UK...
Last week they called up and and asked to cut our fee by half ... Which we refused, after all we had a deal.. We have Transport / Fuel / Crew wages and other ex's to cover.. by doing this we would have lost money and also there's a principle behind this...

This cancellation was 'NOT' because of poor ticket sales, but because the guy wasn't willing to take any kind of risk in the current financial climate, ticket sales were as good as any other band who have played there and by cutting our fee in half he knew his money was already safe, covered by advance tickets..........
Onslaught did not cancel these shows, the promoter did.....If we really could be arsed we could sue them for our full fee, but whats the fucking point.....They aint worth the time and energy.........

Same old story, promoters wanna earn the money but dont wanna pay for the posters or ads in Metal Hammer, Terrorizer or Kerrang, they just assume all the time that people will hear about it on the streets and turn up, well that aint the fuckin case... The only shows that do good business in the UK are the ones that are heavily advertised... it aint rocket science (if you excuse the pun) just common sense..

We cant apologise enough for this shit, but we aint gonna be walked over by nobody...All this in the same week that we had somebody asking us to buy on to a tour... har de fucking har har...Never paid anyone to play, never fucking will,.... This industry is seriously getting out of control and believe me the whole thing will eventually implode, cos everyone is taking the piss...............

See you all at Damnation...Which is promoted professionally...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers

(taken off the official Onslaught forum)
elvis666

Postby Povey on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:45 am

Hrrrrrrrrrm I wonder who the promoter is for the Birmingham date hrrrrrrrrrrrm. I bet it was Amenti asking to pay to play to lol.

The last time they played Brum only 20 people turned up and that was at way smaller venue.

Was really sad to see that.
Povey

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:44 pm

:lol: I wish to retract my 'probably nice guys' comment!

If the ticket sales were good, the gig would still be on wouldn't it?
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby Mordha on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:07 pm

H.O.D. Feemo wrote::lol: I wish to retract my 'probably nice guys' comment!

If the ticket sales were good, the gig would still be on wouldn't it?

This cancellation was 'NOT' because of poor ticket sales, but because the guy wasn't willing to take any kind of risk in the current financial climate, ticket sales were as good as any other band who have played there and by cutting our fee in half he knew his money was already safe, covered by advance tickets..........

What part of the above are you are having trouble with understanding?

And just to be perfectly clear, Onslaught ARE very nice guys and they aint greedy. Any band that can put on a free show for their fans, like Onslaught did at the Brunswick cannot be defined as greedy. If you knew them at all you would know they are the nicest, most down to earth people to have ever graced this Earth. From what I can see, the only greedy one in all this was the promoter... nothing new there then!!
Mordha

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:16 am

Fair do's, one party has a version of events, one has another and both stories don't meet. Either way, I'm not taking any shit for being an interim/internet whipping boy. When gigs get cancelled no fucker wins apart from the box office who get to keep their ticket selling fees (Now that's greedy!) and nobody is happy about it.

Oh while I'm on it, the 'Good fans - greedy band' remark is a twist on a running forum joke we have for the past year or so, as this is your first and maybe only post on UK thrash you'd probably take that the wrong way and for this I apologize, the 500+ members on here can assure you that this is not the case though.

Whatever the outcome, both the band and the promoter have lost time and revenue and if bloody money is all it boiled down to then that's another reason for our own band to stay D.I.Y. and keep doing it for the beer & Cheese. It was going to cost us £50/60+ in the hope of sharing a stage, a pint and a cold pasty at the services with you guys after the show so we're hardly going to want to start ripping anyone as we want our stuff signed! We are seriously fucking gutted the show is not going ahead, I'll see you at Damnation though so it's all good.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby Mordha on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:22 am

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:Fair do's, one party has a version of events, one has another and both stories don't meet. Either way, I'm not taking any shit for being an interim/internet whipping boy. When gigs get cancelled no fucker wins apart from the box office who get to keep their ticket selling fees (Now that's greedy!) and nobody is happy about it.

Oh while I'm on it, the 'Good fans - greedy band' remark is a twist on a running forum joke we have for the past year or so, as this is your first and maybe only post on UK thrash you'd probably take that the wrong way and for this I apologize, the 500+ members on here can assure you that this is not the case though.

Whatever the outcome, both the band and the promoter have lost time and revenue and if bloody money is all it boiled down to then that's another reason for our own band to stay D.I.Y. and keep doing it for the beer & Cheese. It was going to cost us £50/60+ in the hope of sharing a stage, a pint and a cold pasty at the services with you guys after the show so we're hardly going to want to start ripping anyone as we want our stuff signed! We are seriously fucking gutted the show is not going ahead, I'll see you at Damnation though so it's all good.

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate you clearing that up.
I agree, there are no winners in this and Onslaught are gutted this was cancelled cos they really wanted to do the shows.

Hope to see you at Damnation and you can buy me a beer :lol:

I hope this wont be my only post on here so I will see you around the boards :D

All the best

Regina
Mordha

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:15 pm

Im glad everyone has now kissed and made up both here and on the onslaught forum.

Now, lets go lynch a promoter :-)
Immortalicide

Postby Mordha on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Immortalicide wrote:Im glad everyone has now kissed and made up both here and on the onslaught forum.

Now, lets go lynch a promoter :-)

I have the rope.. lead the way :D
Mordha

Postby Resilience Records on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:29 pm

So... is the Kingston date still going ahead?
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby Mordha on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:48 pm

Resilience Records wrote:So... is the Kingston date still going ahead?

Yeah Kingston is still going ahead as is the Swansea date and Damnation Festival :D
Mordha

Postby Lev on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Mordha wrote:All the best

Regina

Renis :lol:

....Sorry.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:12 pm

Kingston,weed,chilling out.....is this gig in Jamaica then?
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Immortalicide on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:08 pm

radioactive rik wrote:Kingston,weed,chilling out.....is this gig in Jamaica then?

:roll:
Immortalicide

Postby meluaz on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:20 pm

next friday, hope i can come
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby meluaz on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:22 pm

hwo do hell do i get to this place, what underground is it close too?
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz