Welcome to UK Thrash!

*HATE CULT THREAD* This will be my last post on UkThrash

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: This will be my last post on UkThrash

Postby Mazz on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Resilience Records wrote:Will i then unofficially be able to hear them from North London?

Now Stu's van is working we should sort out a day of Metalbrew boys invade Bath. We can sit in the Seven Witches and ride or bikes menacingly...

Or hang at the Red lion in Avebury, Visit Silbury Hill and Kennett Long Borrow. All very close together they be.

I went to a castle on Monday. They had lead coffins in the crypt. It was wild. I bought a bottle of ye olde Ginger Beer.
"...maybe we'll play some twister and do some breakdancing?"

http://www.myspace.com/groanuk
http://www.myspace.com/ratzzzass
Mazz

Postby SOUTH on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Mint ive never been part of a hate cult before.
BUTT CONTROL
SOUTH

Postby Metal Iain on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Herzeleid wrote:Yeah, the Metal Iain thing was amusing, but this forum is a worse place without the resident Scottish glam loving rummy.

Dethhead brought nothing to the table.

HOORAY!

I am adored by all and sundry!

Should you not have hyphenated glam and loving (glam-loving rummy)?
Metal Iain

Postby Mazz on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:15 pm

SOUTH wrote:Mint ive never been part of a hate cult before.

I know it's kind of cool. It makes me feel like a big man. The fact that I'm wearing a Witchfinder General T-Shirt as I type this makes me even more of a music underground tooo cool for school kind of mutha fucking fucker snob.

Mazz

Postby Metal Iain on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:16 pm

SOUTH wrote:Mint ive never been part of a hate cult before.

I helped beat up Rodney King, does that count?
Metal Iain

Postby Herzeleid on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:16 pm

Metal Iain wrote:
Herzeleid wrote:Yeah, the Metal Iain thing was amusing, but this forum is a worse place without the resident Scottish glam loving rummy.

HOORAY!

Yes, in retrospect I should, and I did notice just after I posted it. I dislike it saying i've edited my post though. So here we go again:

Yeah, the Metal Iain thing was amusing, but this forum is a worse place without the resident Scottish glam-loving rummy.

Stevedot2 wrote:Stop complaining you black cunt.

http://www.myspace.com/superking - Don't look at meeee!
Herzeleid

Postby SOUTH on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:16 pm

yes, yes it does
BUTT CONTROL
SOUTH

Postby Metal Iain on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Herzeleid wrote:
Metal Iain wrote:

HOORAY!

Yes, in retrospect I should, and I did notice just after I posted it. I dislike it saying i've edited my post though. So here we go again:

Yeah, the Metal Iain thing was amusing, but this forum is a worse place without the resident Scottish glam-loving rummy.

The edit count thing is a fucking Jew like. See if you're in the midst of an epic argument about something and you have to edit a grammatical error (I miss Firefox: library PCs use IE - cunts) it makes it look like you could have changed what you've said. This irritates me because I completely adhere to what I say during arguments, at least for a while, no matter how unreasonable.

I love being unreasonable.
Metal Iain

Postby Resilience Records on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Mazz wrote:
Resilience Records wrote:Will i then unofficially be able to hear them from North London?

Now Stu's van is working we should sort out a day of Metalbrew boys invade Bath. We can sit in the Seven Witches and ride or bikes menacingly...

Or hang at the Red lion in Avebury, Visit Silbury Hill and Kennett Long Borrow. All very close together they be.

I went to a castle on Monday. They had lead coffins in the crypt. It was wild. I bought a bottle of ye olde Ginger Beer.

You mentalist! i'm worried about you and your outlandish behaviour!

Sounds like a plan to me though. It must be done soon. Infact we should organise more heavy metal days out, starting with a place near Huddersfield called Druids Wood. The old Evile roadie/driver told me and Atom about it a while ago and i really want to check it out. its got a stone altar and ruins of a stoney chapel at the heart of it... wicked!

Other places i'd like to get to soon are:

Ye Old Trip to Jerusalem (a pub in nottingham, oldest pub in the UK apparently! thanks to Chris from Dark Forest for this one)
The mill in Birmingham where the famous artwork was taken for the 1st black sabbath front cover
Stonehenge for Summer Solstice (very cliche, but i've always wanted to go there on the solstice and have never managed to sort it out)
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby Mazz on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:32 pm

Resilience Records wrote:
Mazz wrote:

You mentalist! i'm worried about you and your outlandish behaviour!

Sounds like a plan to me though. It must be done soon. Infact we should organise more heavy metal days out, starting with a place near Huddersfield called Druids Wood. The old Evile roadie/driver told me and Atom about it a while ago and i really want to check it out. its got a stone altar and ruins of a stoney chapel at the heart of it... wicked!

Other places i'd like to get to soon are:

Ye Old Trip to Jerusalem (a pub in nottingham, oldest pub in the UK apparently! thanks to Chris from Dark Forest for this one)
The mill in Birmingham where the famous artwork was taken for the 1st black sabbath front cover
Stonehenge for Summer Solstice (very cliche, but i've always wanted to go there on the solstice and have never managed to sort it out)

Do Avebury for the Summer Solstice. I have done it for the past two years. I won't be going this year as I will be on Holiday.

You can get closer to the druid action at Avebury. I met some Witches on a hen weekend last year. You do get crappy middle class fire juggling hippies playing Bob Marley but they are easy to blot out.

Mazz

Postby Resilience Records on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Mazz wrote: You do get crappy middle class fire juggling hippies playing Bob Marley but they are easy to blot out.

Bloody idiots!

"oh those cloaks are marvellous, golly!"

Actually i've heard avebury is better/more interesting/less touristy, so thats not a bad idea at all. great stuff...
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby STD_Caps on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Herzeleid wrote:Basically some guy pretended to be a BFMV fan, and people initially claimed their distaste for the band, but still acted amicably towards him, and even gave suggestions of proper thrash bands. He then sprung the news that he was a 'troll' and 'did it for the lulz' as if no-one had ever read Encyclopedia Dramatica or heard of 4chan. Anyways, it was a bit pointless since people were actually pretty nice to him, which made it quite lame, and since he didn't really manage the internet definition of being a troll, one can only assume he was admitting to us that he lived under a bridge.

I never even realised this was a pretend thing. In that case, surely we highlighted our lack of elitism. This just makes the whole thing all the more pathetic.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby Bangover on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:23 pm

I want to go to the Black Sabbath pub
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover

Postby James on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Mazz wrote:

Count me the fuck in for an Avebury/West Kennet Long Barrow trip!

I went there with an Archaeology trip at A Level and wanted to go back ever since. In fact, West Kennet Long Barrow is the main insipration behind lyrics about a certain sleeping sovereign. I intend to get some promo photos taken there.

My friend from uni lives at West Kennet Cottage or something, the closest house to the long barrow. He says he totally hates every solstice, because the area is swarmed with fucking cunts. I can well believe it.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Destruction on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:32 pm

To get slightly back on topic.

I don't listen to metal much these days either but that doesnt mean I dislike it now, I don't listen to much simply because I think theres a lot better stuff outside the "metal world" then there is inside. Theres just not alot that really interests me in metal now. I bought a load of stuff from the Razorback distro the other week and most of it is rather crap to be honest but I do like the new Gruesome Stuff Relish and Necrovation CDs I got.

And if you think the Metal scene is bad for elists you should see the Hardcore scene, its actually quite hilarious how bad it can be.
We Spit On Those Who Choose To Pose
We Thrash With All The Rest
Destruction