Welcome to UK Thrash!

SABBAT confirmed for Bloodstock Open Air 07

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby boovidge on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:34 pm

need to get a ticket. UK Thrash camp FTW! We should get a flag and everything :lol:
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby thrashduck on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 pm

I'm orf.. the tickets haven't come yet though... Gay.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Im buying tikets ASAP :rockdevil:
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Darkweasel on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:44 pm

thrashduck wrote:I'm orf.. the tickets haven't come yet though... Gay.

Still waiting for mine. Looks like it's one of those where they send the ticket out a couple of weeks before the show.
Darkweasel

Postby Povey on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:01 pm

I ordered mine in April and got mine a couple of weeks again.

Were are setting up a Reanimator Camp.
Povey

Postby Bangover on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:18 pm

Wooot! Just ordered my ticket

SABBAT!
Bangover

Postby ThrashMetalLuci on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:57 am

thrash metal maniac wrote:fuck's sake... I fucking emailed them about 3 months ago to see if we could play! did I even get a reply? NO

Also we had the chance to play at BOA through that UkUnsigned showcase thing, but we 'had to' play first... and the 2 bands who showed up late (and had to play last) 'won' the competition and got given places on the unsigned stage (apparantly they were shit too :doh: ), no wonder the unsigned stage is mainly shit....

I will mostly be avoiding the unsigned stage as most of the bands don't appeal to me and I think the whole UK Unsigned system is totally unfair. The bands are not offered the place at Bloodstock based on talent but on how many tickets they sell. The woman who runs the thing spewed off this big speech about how it was apalling that a band could only sell 6 tickets and she had never, ever come across such a thing. Apparently it cost her £300 to hire the venue (although according to someone who works at the venue it was free to hire, but I could have heard that wrong) and if the band wanted to play they had to pay the difference for the tickets they hadn't sold.

Anyway rant over. I'm off to BOA! The line up looks pretty good...Testament :rockdevil: Sabbat :rockdevil: Korpiklaani :dance:
ThrashMetalLuci

Postby thrash metal maniac on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:34 pm

Yeah, we only sold a couple of tickets, but had loads of friends coming down later, but she said 'oh, I've worked with bands before' as if to say 'yeah, stop lying' :evil: and as I said, we had to play first (because of ticket sales) but we had the biggest crowd of the whole night!!! :lol:

Also she was a complete bitch to us! :evil: :wall:
thrash metal maniac

Postby demonic-dave on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:02 pm

Also i do believe that there is some lottery funding involved with the UKUnsigned. Having met her, you can clearly see the pound signs in her eyes. the people involved do not give a shit about the bands just their bank balances and these are the people who have power over unsigned bands.
demonic-dave

Postby Reanimator Luke on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Pay to play is a fucking disgrace. As a promoter myself I can't think of anything more disrespectful - it's just a ploy by someone who doesn't care about good music or hardworking bands and is out to rape the scene for as much £££ as they can get. Its utterly disgusting.
I killed Reanimator.
Reanimator Luke

Postby thrashduck on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:13 pm

Reanimator Luke wrote:Pay to play is a fucking disgrace. As a promoter myself I can't think of anything more disrespectful - it's just a ploy by someone who doesn't care about good music or hardworking bands and is out to rape the scene for as much £££ as they can get. Its utterly disgusting.

Ouch. What a kick in the balls.

As I've said before today...

It's a fucking dizgrace.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Immortalicide on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:24 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:Yeah, we only sold a couple of tickets

That'd be Martin & Lyall then :D
Immortalicide

Postby ThrashMetalLuci on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:38 pm

thrash metal maniac wrote:Also she was a complete bitch to us! :evil: :wall:

yep I get the impression that she has her favourites i.e. the bands who arse lick her shoddy operation and everyone else gets treated like crap.

I agree pay to play is pretty disgraceful although they never even mentioned anything prior to the gig that the band would have to pay any money if they didn't sell enough tickets. I think bands should make some kind of effort to bring people to their gigs and do their bit to promote the gig but there's never any guarantee that people will go and you can't exactly force people to cough up £5 to see their mates band plus a load of randomly picked bands who are either crap or emo (not that there is much of a difference).
ThrashMetalLuci

Postby boovidge on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:44 pm

will bloodstock sell out? cant really afford to buy tickets this month :doh:
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:04 pm

boovidge wrote:will bloodstock sell out? cant really afford to buy tickets this month :doh:

not likely
The Fourth Norseman