Welcome to UK Thrash!

GAMA BOMB London Adventure

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: GAMA BOMB London Adventure

Postby TORSO on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Thats Ripper, he used to be on the forum many moons ago...we all went to Celtic Frost and Kreator at the Koko a few years ago

Plus yeah photos and me don't go together haha
INTO THE REACTOR!
TORSO

Postby origamikid on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:49 pm

FRIDAY 20TH FEBRUARY: O2 Academy Islington

At last, a truly independent Metal festival crammed full of the cream of British talent and lashings of international juggernauts. Featuring Overkill, Exodus, Gama Bomb and Torture Squad.
Fri 20 Feb: No Tickets Available

Doors: 5pm - 10pm
Support: Torture Squad 5.30pm; Gama Bomb 6.20pm; Exodus 7.25pm; Overkill 8.40pm *ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby Katze on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:11 pm

Stupid early doors.
Katze

Postby James on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:54 pm

The Fourth Norseman wrote:haha james, could you look anymore like prince harry in that photo :lol:

Probably could if I dispensed with the Venom shirt!

I need to address the hair issue, it's like a ridiculous bush at the moment. Either go shorter or more mid-length.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:43 pm

I can't believe the gig's so early tonight. I'm going to miss all the bands, bloody hell!
jonny_boy34

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:33 am

zykloned wrote:Rik! Take him to Spice Boys IMMEDIATELY!He has to experience the joy!

eating Spice Boys chicken and watching 2019:after the fall of new york are pretty much a rule when visiting my domain.

Katze wrote:Oh yeah rik, the programme was called 'the perfect vagina'... you were inquisitive about it :lol:

aaaahhhh yeah,cheers Katze,now i remember.i must find out when the sequel is on.

i just got home from the pinnacle finale to the last 3days of joy.
Gama Bomb were spectacular again and it was so cool to be in a huge sold out/800 people crowd and seeing/rocking to them.
also Gama Bombs set was filled with a variety of songs which differed from wednesdays gig so that was cool.and the new tune Polterghost was cool to hear again.
Exodus were ok and i enjoyed tracks from the bonded by blood album(as its the only one i own)so it was cool to have a ruckus to some old school hits.

Overkill were mighty,such a great live band.they played so many great tunes from their 80s albums and 2 of the more recent ones.also they did a cover of Motorheads track "Overkill".
best band ive ever seen as far as major/original thrash bands go.
i also nabbed one of the plectrums D.D.Verni the bassist threw out to the crowd.
and yes Bobby Blitz took his shirt off :dance: :lol:
they are real legends and were so excited and enthusiastic about being back in the u.k and could see how great the uk thrash scene/thrash fans have become.
Bobby Blitz did his Bruce Lee impression at the end with a brave stage dive(as there was quite a gap and a chest height fence to clear)

on a side note Origamikid was the luckiest dude ever during this gig(i'll let him explain the story).
also it was cool to see Jamie,Mike Fury+Dave,Atom,Johnnyboy,Zurab and chums,Anna(da russian),2punk girls from wednesdays gig,Nick from River Freshney,Dave from Virus and Necrotism.

the most legendary person i finally met was Metaldazza (at last!).cant believe we never sussed the thrash ninja months ago but now he is finally out from the shadows.what a dude.

after the gig we(me and Origamikid)went on a fanboy photo frenzy.
(i will post them up tomorrow along with my Gama Bomb clip)...

a superb,splendid,rocking 3 days!
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Atom on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:00 am

Have to say, Overkill are amazing live, quite unbelievable!
Atom

Postby origamikid on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:40 am

yes atleast one persons mind has been changed!!!

Well i will tell the story in a new thread !!

TO THE GENERAL ROOM
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby Creeping Dan on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 am

My mate Mattie was down there and said it was excellent. I think he may have been talking to you Tom, he has an afro.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby Dr Mike Von Fury on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:34 am

yeah fuck overkill was one of he best live acts iv seen, highlight of the night was listening to wasp on the ride home,
THRASH OR BE THRASHED!!!!!
Dr Mike Von Fury

Postby metaldazza on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:39 am

I concur with everyone else, great night. Overkill are quite simply amazing. Even though I had to leave early due to a mangled foot which is gonna kill me during Priest tonight.

Exodus were, as they always are, iconicly bland especially after the special sauce Gama Bomb have to offer. They're really good and they've got some great tunes but the singer just barks through all the songs!

Great to meet you Rik and Zurab. It was cool to meet Rik who up until that point was 'the other guy who takes videos at gigs'. Zurab... I presume you are Meluaz on youtube playing guitar? Coz you look about 10 years older in the real world and a lot less emo ;) We will meet again soon I am sure.

I managed to get a vid of GB's new song rentaghost... I mean polterghost :)

New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby RedBurp on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Great gig last night all the bands were awesome even Exodus who were alot better than when I saw them at the underworld. The new Gama Bomb songs sounds very Agent Steel-ly
RedBurp

Postby metaldazza on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:15 pm

RedBurp wrote:Great gig last night all the bands were awesome even Exodus who were alot better than when I saw them at the underworld.

I was thinking that during their set as well.
New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby Atom on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Creeping Dan wrote:My mate Mattie was down there and said it was excellent. I think he may have been talking to you Tom, he has an afro.

Yeah, known that chap for a while, top bloke.

Yes, what fun!

Polterghost is so great, the vocals have matured and the song writing is solid and fanciful. Very nice music!
Atom

Postby radioactive rik on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:15 pm

the Islington gig clip
ImageImage
radioactive rik