Welcome to UK Thrash!

media that made you cry...

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: media that made you cry...

Postby satanic_goat_christ on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:07 pm

Terminator 2 made me cry the first time I saw the ending, although that was a good while ago. The Pianist is bloody emotional, although I don't think I ever cried at it. I normally find it all a bit funny how over the top the cruelty is, then I remember if anything it's toned down from real life and I go a bit funny...For book though, definately got to be Cancer Ward by Solzhenitsyn. Probably because all the characters are so messed up and generally hopeless, but they don't know it. And even though I'm not Irish, pretty much anything recent by Primordial will do the trick.
satanic_goat_christ

Postby zykloned on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:10 pm

I don't tend to cry, but get into deep thought afterwards, and it's mostly war films that get me.

I love them so!

Band of Brothers is a fucking brilliant series and I can watch that on loop.
zykloned

Postby Atom on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Master Of The Winds - Manowar.

:lol:
Atom

Postby Dian Wei on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:06 pm

Manowar often leave me blubbering in homoerotic bliss.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby TORSO on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:55 pm

I dunno if i wanted to cry or cry in laughter haha
INTO THE REACTOR!
TORSO

Postby origamikid on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 pm

Hmm off top of my head:

Metal Gear Solid 4- Had me in proper tears. I dunno why, flashbacks to really good memories of the first game and therefore my childhood, just the fact that it is a superbly done game. The bit when you go to the place (I dont want to ruin it so am being cryptic) and then the game gives you all of those flashbacks and sound clips...it really did just get me in tears, specially the bit with sniper wolf...and grey fox...what a great game. The final fight in the game and final cutscenes, again had me close, really done well and was just awesome and emotional!

Music wise: Pantera - Cemetery Gates and Iced Earth - watching over me

They ALWAYS get me, emotional times man!
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby meluaz on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:09 am

everytime this song comes on in naruto i am reduced to tears
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:36 am

origamikid wrote:Metal Gear Solid 4- Had me in proper tears. I dunno why, flashbacks to really good memories of the first game and therefore my childhood, just the fact that it is a superbly done game. The bit when you go to the place (I dont want to ruin it so am being cryptic) and then the game gives you all of those flashbacks and sound clips...it really did just get me in tears, specially the bit with sniper wolf...and grey fox...what a great game. The final fight in the game and final cutscenes, again had me close, really done well and was just awesome and emotional!

And how about that bit in the tunnel with the microwaves? Christ, I was nearly having a heart attack it was so unbelievable.

I also forgot to mention how amazing and sad Leon is as well. There was also another obvious choice of film I thought of earlier as well, but I forgot what it was.

Oh another film of emotional madness, I'm sure Rik will definitely agree with me here! Hero - with Jet Li, an absolutely astounding film, with such an unbelievable powerful scene near the end - the bit with Broken Sword and Sky on the mountain - you'll know what I mean if you've seen it, one of the best and most powerful shots I've ever seen!

The only books that have made me feel quite emotional in that way before are LOTR (of course, mainly at the end of The Two Towers with the Shelob bit, when Sam thinks Frodo is dead, I found it quite a bit more emotional in the book than the film actually), and Brave New World, with that bit where the Savage visits his mother in hospital towards the end (trying not to spoil it too much for those who haven't read it), that whole bit is absolutely amazing and my eyes did get a little bit moist.
jonny_boy34

Postby Miko on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:02 am

Dian Wei wrote:Manowar often leave me blubbering in homoerotic bliss.

hahaah so true, so true :D :dance:
juokaa viinaa se on hyvää... isnt it nice when you cant understand a word im saying :)
Miko

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 am

Oh god yes, that's it, how could I forget! THE WRESTLER!

Anyone who's seen The Wrestler cannot deny the emotional madness of Mickey Rourke. The "I'm just a broken down piece of meat" scene is particularly distressing, but most amazing of all is the ending. His amazing speech, and that look on his face before he leaps off the ropes to do his Ram Jam right at the end, followed by that amazing Bruce Springsteen song on the end credits, makes me want to weep excessively. There's generally an underlying feeling of sadness throughout the whole film too - apart from that bit in the deli counter, where he's really getting into his job, which was brilliant. Stu said he could watch a whole film of that bit, and I think I agree.
jonny_boy34

Postby united_we_stand on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:49 pm

GoreBastard wrote:Not alot makes me cry, because I'm Dirty Harry and I've got a magnum, but, (and I know this isn't a film or anything) something I saw online a while back really fucked me up. Someone sent me an e-mail about the Chinese skin trade. It was a clip of some filthy fucking bastards skinning dogs alive. After pulling their skin off over their bodies, the dogs are still alive, skinless, just staring into the camera while still alive in their last few minutes. It's the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in my life. I even had nightmares about it. Fucking sick bastards.

)

i've seen that same video and it is fucking horrible!! your half sad about those poor creatures but at the same time full of rage and you wana go to china and kill those motherfuckers!!
united_we_stand

Postby MartinC on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:56 pm

I cry all the time, I can't handle anything that remotely suggests sadness. It may be a cliche, but the last film that made me cry was Schindler's List, in particularly the bit at the end where Schindler is going mental about how many more people he could have saved and then you see all the real life Jews he saved placing rocks on his grave WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
MartinC

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:40 pm

MartinC wrote:I cry all the time, I can't handle anything that remotely suggests sadness. It may be a cliche, but the last film that made me cry was Schindler's List, in particularly the bit at the end where Schindler is going mental about how many more people he could have saved and then you see all the real life Jews he saved placing rocks on his grave WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Christ almighty, yeah definitely. I remember watching that one night, and then the next day at work I kept remembering Schindler going mad saying "I could've saved more, christ almighty!" and I kept wanting to cry all day.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:41 pm

Isn't Schindler's List a great film?
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby thrasherdave on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:24 pm

The Phantom Menace.

I think that made everyone cry.
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave