Welcome to UK Thrash!

New Morbid Angel

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

New Morbid Angel

Postby Bastard Child on Mon May 23, 2011 4:15 pm

So I've got a couple of friends who have heard the new Morbid Angel in full and the word is it will go down in history with such album like Cold Lake. In fact it was described by some to sound like "Marilyn Manson" and "Rob Zombie" and there are rumors suggesting Lady Gaga produced a couple of tracks. Personally, despite being a big Morbid fan, I'm really looking forward to this as I think it might become the comedy event of the year. Either way, it's gonna have legions’ of die hard fans awaiting a return to classic Morbid Angel music crying to their mums.

You can hear 30 second samples from the album at the link below. I think I've already ruined some peoples Birthdays, Christmases and Bar Mitzvahs with this so proceed with caution.

http://www.amazon.com/Illud-Divinum-Ins ... 345&sr=8-2
Bastard Child

Re: New Morbid Angel

Postby Atom on Mon May 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Hate it so much. They are dead to me noooooow!!!
Atom

Postby thrasherdave on Mon May 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Seriously, this is the biggest disappointment ever. What the satanic blue cunty fuck are they thinking?!
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby phodg on Tue May 24, 2011 3:18 pm

I heard most of it the other day. And to be honest, Cold Lake is better. :)
phodg

Postby thrasherdave on Thu May 26, 2011 10:32 pm

That says it all :lol:
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby metaltony on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Not seen a postive review yet..here is a good one http://www.leavethehall.co.uk/reviews/a ... m-insanus/ i love the end bit..
If Trey Azagthoth and David Vincent had written 3 more shit songs and released them all as a side project called Treyvid Vincenthoth it would just have been very funny, but to put this half-baked turd out under the Morbid Angel name is a tragic and potentially irretrievable folly. It’s incredible and worrying to think that during the writing, recording, mixing and promotion process no-one had the balls to speak out and say “Hang on a minute here lads, this is actually an ass load of shit”. Shame on you.

Come back St. Anger, all is forgiven.
metaltony

Postby metaltony on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 am

It had to happen! Hitlers reaction to the new Morbid Angel album! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLBWXbe-bE
metaltony

Postby Dian Wei on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:54 am

Perhaps they did this on purpose?

Perhaps they're tired of the lifestyle?
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby STD_Caps on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm

I listened to Too Extreme and it just sounded a mess. Not wrong with experimenting but shit is shit.
"And what about the churches and all their wealth
There's an unseen fortune under their belts
Are golden temples a symbol of God's way
This horde of wealth is a sickening display"
STD_Caps

Postby James on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Why did I check out the clips? WHY?!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Hahaha, bloody hell, I've never been into Morbid Angel much so I don't know much about them, although in the past Tom has shown me a few wonderful things from Blessed Are The Sick and Altars of Madness, so I have an idea of what they are supposed to be, and this is hilarious. I don't even understand what it's supposed to be. Although Blades For Baal is a hilarious song title. And the Destructos vs The Earth clip (another amazing song title) just made me laugh lots and lots and lots. What a shame for all the people who will have their first taste of Morbid Angel with this album and think this is what they are. Radikult, for one hilarious example. And the intro track... all I can say to that is 'hahaha'.

Thank the Lord Halford that the new Saxon album has finally been released.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:What a shame for all the people who will have their first taste of Morbid Angel with this album and think this is what they are.

EXACTLY.

Just like how my first taste of Sepultura was the aural crime named 'Against'. Even now my flesh crawls at the recollection of that horrid record vibrating my eardrums for the first (and last) time, its degenerate groove riffing and cacophonous angst-barks offending every fibre of my being as deep metaphysical questions flashed through my young mind: "is this the true voice of heavy metal?" "Is the fabled 'riff' nought but a bedfellow of the leprechaun and the basilisk?" "Are dreadlocks the way forward after all?". Few bands have desecrated their long-entombed past in such a repugnant fashion, but it seems like Morbid Angel have joined that accursed list.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby Seregon-James on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:15 am

James wrote:Few bands have desecrated their long-entombed past in such a repugnant fashion, but it seems like Morbid Angel have joined that accursed list.

However the latest Sepz song is pretty bad ass...
ZT: "Seregon, Vicious, Venemous, UK Thrash!" 5/5
Terrorizer: "6th Best Unsigned Band 2008" 9/10
Terrorizer: "5th Best Unsigned Band 2007" 8/10
http://www.myspace.com/seregonuk
http://twitter.com/seregonuk
http://www.seregon.co.uk
Seregon-James

Postby James on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Vid-fail.

James
Administrator

Postby TurboHyperUltraMega on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 pm

The Morbid Angel album is lame as fuck. I don't wanna listen to death metal and have someone singing 'Killa cop killa cop cop'
Some people call them demons. I call them bitches.
TurboHyperUltraMega