Welcome to UK Thrash!

IRON MAIDEN @ TWICKENHAM, 5th JULY 2008

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby Chest Rockwell on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:42 pm

it's probably because of the size of the set, transporting it and putting on a show as big and dramatic and they want to. someone should pay me to work for them!

it's big money business now. be the last chance to see em NOT playing all the shit they've done in the last 19 years!!
satan stole my lunch money
Chest Rockwell

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Absolutely right. Considering I paid nearly £80 to see The Police at Twickenham earlier this year, this is a bargain, especially considering how amazingly unbelievable this show will be. I imagine it'll be the biggest and best UK gig they've ever played!
jonny_boy34

Postby tom_glory on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:49 pm

if it were anyone other than maiden i'd be feeling veritably raped for spending £115.95 on two tickets for a gig.

but being as it's maiden, i'll let them off.

bring the metal! aces high, rime..., clairvoyant... *drools*
tom_glory

Postby Chest Rockwell on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:52 pm

clairvoyant is way past SiT and so I'd think/hope they arent gonna play it. Or it'll be Can i Play With Fucking Gayness too... still they blew my mind in 1988 as a ickle 15 yr old metalhead.
Chest Rockwell

Postby Lev on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:02 pm

Chest Rockwell wrote:clairvoyant is way past SiT and so I'd think/hope they arent gonna play it. Or it'll be Can i Play With Fucking Gayness too...

You're gay.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:20 pm

They've said they'll play stuff from Seventh Son as well. So they'll definitely play Cannot Play With Matches and The Clairvoyant (which is amazing, how dare you, they played it at Donnington 2003 and it was amazing!), and also The Evil That Men Do, and with any luck they'll do Infinite Dreams, which will make me cry. But of course, the best thing they can do is play the title track from that album. If they do.... good lord. But I bet they won't. The bastards.
jonny_boy34

Postby Chest Rockwell on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:27 pm

oh fuck!!! They should play all of Piece of Mind and Somewhere in Time and maybe Moonchild and 7th Son. fuck all the pop shite. Where Eagles Dare vs Can I Play With Testicles? no fucking chance.
Chest Rockwell

Postby Lev on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:23 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:they played it at Donnington 2003 and it was amazing!

Really, really was.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby jonny_boy34 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:00 am

Chest Rockwell wrote:oh fuck!!! They should play all of Piece of Mind and Somewhere in Time and maybe Moonchild and 7th Son. fuck all the pop shite. Where Eagles Dare vs Can I Play With Testicles? no fucking chance.

Yeah, Where Eagles Dare at reading during the first Early Days tour was blinding. That whole gig was completely amazing. I do hope they play that song again, as well as Phantom of the Opera, which was even more mind blowing live.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:17 am

I don't think Where Eagles Dare is amazingly brilliant. I'd take Die With Your Boots On over it any time.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby thrashduck on Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:31 am

James wrote:I don't think Where Eagles Dare is amazingly brilliant. I'd take Die With Your Boots On over it any time.

I was in a pub at 2am on Tuesday and about 6 Maiden tracks in a row played on the jukebox. A pleasant, drunken suprise for anyone I believe.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby jonny_boy34 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:34 am

James wrote:I don't think Where Eagles Dare is amazingly brilliant. I'd take Die With Your Boots On over it any time.

It's not amazingly brilliant on the album, it's just quite great, but live I found it to me really really immense with powerful goodness, especially the DE-DE-DE-DE! budubudubum DE-DE-DE-DE-dededededede (repeat 7 time) bit.
jonny_boy34

Postby Resilience Records on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:01 am

thrashduck wrote:

I was in a pub at 2am on Tuesday and about 6 Maiden tracks in a row played on the jukebox. A pleasant, drunken suprise for anyone I believe.

... Joeseph's well? where else in leeds would that be possible?!
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby thrashduck on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:07 am

Resilience Records wrote:
thrashduck wrote:

... Joeseph's well? where else in leeds would that be possible?!

Haha no, I'm in Preston during term time for universitay and it was just this pub I don't even know the name of next to a completely cruddy club that had a "rock" night.

Preston has even less metally places than Leeds, which is some feat. And it rains more. You London cor blimey guvnors get all the fun.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby boovidge on Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:17 am

yeah, when is this supposed 'resurgence' going to pay dividends to the metal shareholders in terms of club music? it's a fookin dizgrace.
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge