Welcome to UK Thrash!

GAMA BOMB London Adventure

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: GAMA BOMB London Adventure

Postby meluaz on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:34 am

ferbie
Last edited by meluaz on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby meluaz on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:37 am

ferbie
Last edited by meluaz on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby Atom on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:17 am

Great show, fucking wicked friends everywhere. Good to see so many different categories of people!
Atom

Postby zykloned on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:32 am

Mutant DESTROYED! (..oyed....oyed....oyed........)

Gama Bomb were wickid, things got messy! Bodies flying everywhere!!

Didn't manage to catch Cauldron, heard mixed reviews.
zykloned

Postby Atom on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:48 am

zykloned wrote:Mutant DESTROYED! (..oyed....oyed....oyed........)

Tell me about it.
Atom

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:20 am

Hahaha, the delay was hilarious. That was a fucking amazing gig! AAAGHAGHAAHAHGA!!@!@!@ Thank you to all who enjoyed it and who continue to support heavy metal. Was great to meet Origami Boy, and to see my lovely darling Spencer again. Gama Bomb, you fucking rock!
jonny_boy34

Postby thrashduck on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:25 am

Much thanks to Tom and Jon and of course Lewis for the interview, it sounds fucking brilliant, honestly, look out for that tomorrowwwwww!
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby James on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:24 am

That was mega good, venue was a bit of a sweatbox with a muffled sound, but the bands' momentum successfully cut through. Mutant were on top form as always, a really banging collection of their material as the crowd salivated about the imminent EP. Gama Bomb were awesome too, really bloody good! The energy was so explosive, and we even got a brand new song: Polterghost!

For me Cauldron weren't overly convincing, it's cool that they're playing that sort of thing but a lot of the songwriting was a bit so-so; I think they were out-heavy-metalled by the other two bands who are not ostensibly calling themselves heavy metal, which shows that taking different approaches to the old sound can have more of an impact!

Also it was really cool to hang out with the UK Boys Lewis, Spencer, Rik, Josh and the mighty RIPPER! Sorry we had to depart before the end - didn't want to risk a missed tube and it was a really late schedule for some reason.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:16 am

Yeah, I didn't see Cauldron's set, when I saw them during the soundcheck I thought they were really boring, so I didn't bother watching them.
jonny_boy34

Postby metaldazza on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:45 pm

I thought that was one of the better Mutant sets I've seen (apart from the obscene echo).

I didn't get Cauldron at all. It was like watching the mighty boosch doing heavy metal. I'll give it another go though, hopefully where there is better sound and a little more oxygen.

As always I enjoyed Gama Bomb and their awesomeness. Would it be a crime to say that they should slow down 5% though? Sometimes it gets a little messy and Philly needs a space to breath!
New Metal Army - ALL the metal news from ALL the top websites in one place.
NMA on Twitter NMA on MySpace NMA on YouTube
metaldazza

Postby radioactive rik on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:24 pm

what a great eve.firstly,thanks to James for coming to find and meet me,Spencer and Origamikid.(my map drawing skills were not great enough this time and got us a bit lost)
good to see so many ukthrashers out for the eve.

the times were a bit of a bugger but i think it was venue tactics and not down to any of the bands.the only plus side of the 9pm+ start was that people had been hanging around for 2-3hours getting excited/riled up and raring to go.
Mutant played a blaster as usual.the echo was a nice touch.there was a mad crowd and the pink dreadlocked cyber punk dude was a bit of a nutter to begin with but turned out an ok dude.
the e.p just HAS to be out by the Evile tour :pray: (they will sell like hotcakes)

i was outside during Cauldrons set,catching some much needed oxygen and catching up with various lovely boys and girls.

Gama Bomb was insane,another mixed crowd of thrashers/punks/hardcore people.i thought there was gonna be 1 or 2 dodgy scuffles break out but due to Gama Bomb being just too enjoyable and having a party vibe i think this was the key in uniting the crowd.but yeah it was bloody violent(in a fun way).there was some chaotic diving considering how small the place was.
i finally got my "limited" Gama Bomb patch :dance:
also a runner up prize for the "insult Gama Bomb for a backstage pass contest" courtesy of Joe in the form of a can of stella.ta!

it was a little bit of a mission back due to the set times but at least tons of other people stayed for the headlining set(ive seen the odd gig run past 11 and half the crowd disappears due to tubes etc).

loveley evening.

roll on Gama Bomb part 2 tomorrow :rockdevil:
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby origamikid on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Mutant very very good... first time i have seen em live and i was very impressed. EP HAS to be out before Evile gigs, will sell shit loads and get you hell loads of distribution.

missed the second band as i was outside talking to people, thanks for the interview tom- il give that a listen later!

was nice to meet everyone, was very funny to have people calling me origami kid for the majority of the night hahaha although i dunno why loads of people think ii am stevedots twin...And i am origamikid not origami man or boy hahaha.

was cool to meet some legends and put some faces to some names.
Came all the way from Southampton, was def worth it! Cost a decent amount of train fare and took bloody ages.

Gama bomb slayed, i look forward to seein them on friday!!
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby origamikid on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:41 pm

oh and im staying at riks, its all good times. I havnt been raped yet, as the internet would have you belive when you meet up with random people from a forum,

I also get to appreciate the sideburns 24/7 :D
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby thrash metal maniac on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:01 pm

you mustn't have said no then!
thrash metal maniac

Postby zykloned on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Rik! Take him to Spice Boys IMMEDIATELY!

He has to experience the joy!

(So do I actually).... (....one of these days.............)
zykloned