Welcome to UK Thrash!

Warhammer

For all off topic discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Warhammer

Postby James on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:00 pm

Har dee har har.

But if they did, they would be overpriced.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Bangover on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:51 pm

James wrote:Har dee har har.

But if they did, they would be overpriced.

Have some remorse
zurabmelua wrote:heretic are absolutely shit!!!

Bangover

Postby boovidge on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Immortalicide wrote:
Dian Wei wrote:Excellent song, the Triple h one not so much.

i could have it wrong! I mean the game by lemmy anyway, whoevers song it is lol

yeah its motorhead.

Have they not changed HHH's theme tune? That was his when I stopped wrestling (about 2001-2002)
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby Lev on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:12 pm

It's all about the game, and how you play it. It's all about control and if you can take it. I am the game, you don't wanna play me, I am control there's no way you can shake me, etc, so forth. I like the song.

Hey, James, like...buy my orc shoulder pads you baffoon shit.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby radioactive rik on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:07 pm

Immortalicide wrote:i think they got into metal through this wrestling shit they watch as much as listening to the stuff i play, i was playing killed by death by motorhead the other day, and callum said thats the man who sings triple h's song isnt it??? :lol:

:lol: 2 of my mates are STILL into this "wrestling shit" and they follow it religiously ie:snacks/beers and make and all nighter of it.
anyway,the other year we were at my mates house and they outvoted me for what to watch on t.v with WWF.
so i said fair enough watch your fake action pantomime(in hope theyd change thier mind :lol: )
they stuck it on and within a few minutes triple H walked in and i was like "what the fuck...thats Lemmy!"
one mate replied "no rick,thats triple H" and the other just said "who?"
i explained it was the guy of Motorhead and they said "see wrestling IS cool" and "told you youd like wrestling".
i said ok if wrestling is soooo cool according to you two then in that case,since half the wrestlers have rock played when entering "metal IS cool"/"you should come to a Motorhead gig".
hence a little squabble and a few dead arms and legs as we were effectively taking the piss out of eachothers interests rather than accepting them like true friends should :lol:

but yeah it was a shocker that i heard that tune on Wrestling of all places.im sure Motorhead had thier reasons... :-k
Last edited by radioactive rik on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby thrashduck on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:07 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby James on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Here's my work-in-progress converted Plague Marines squad:

Plague Champion

- I wanted a more dynamic pose for the leader of my squad. I had a small lump of ‘fool’s gold’ lying around, and thought it would provide a nicely textured object of a good size to rest my Champ’s foot on! It took quite a bit of slicing and re-sticking to position his legs in that fashion, but I’m happy with it.
- The only other particularly notable feature is the guitar string breather. I added some green stuff decay around the mouth, and gave him a slightly bulging belly. A few other areas were given some green stuff and fine sand treatment. I added a tusk to the plasma pistol too.

Icon Bearer

- This guy is my favourite model in the whole squad! I’m really happy with the pose, and the legs didn’t require any repositioning. I sliced the barrel at an angle to make it look buried. You might say it would have been better on a larger base, but I quite like how it extends beyond the base.
- Head is a fantasy zombie with the hair filed off.
- Various extra skulls and chains have been added to the icon.
- As you will see on many of this squad, he has a big spike on his backpack – this is the top of a Night Goblin spear (I had an unpainted squad of them spare).
- The bolter is quite heavily modified: it has a bayonet made from a combat knife, a strap which was cut off one of the other Icons on the Command Sprue (Slaanesh I think), and I also replaced the normal ammo belt with the heavy bolter one, as it is longer! I originally planned to have used bolter shells littering the base, but when I sliced some up they looked too tiny to be recognisable. A bit of sand adds some corrosion to his armour.

Plasma Gunner #1

- The most obvious feature of this guy is the huge pipe going into his cranium! Again, a guitar string was used and then I embellished the joins with some Green Stuff.
- The head is another fantasy zombie with the hair shaved off.

Plasma Gunner #2
- Where is his weapon?! Unfortunately the sprue only comes with one plasma gun and one melta gun, but I want this squad to be a double plasma one! I haven’t been able to find a spare plasma gun anywhere, and my friend who collects Chaos doesn’t have one either! I’m just going to paint him up without it then acquire one eventually, somehow (if anyone has a spare, PLEASE get in touch, haha!)
- I’m not sure if the GS on this chap will achieve the desired effect, but we’ll see when he’s painted up. I was going for a bloated double-chin appearance.

Plague Marines

- Has a Night Goblin spike like lots of his brethren. Another Night Goblin addition on this chap is the curved blade (with sand corrosion added) – I really liked the brutal shape of this, and it seemed to suit Nurgle a lot better than the chainswords.
- Green stuff work includes a bulging armour plate (my alternative to the exposed stomach) – I think this hints at rotting viscera, but is more subtle. It has a crack in it, so I might paint on a bit of leakage.
- The GS shoulder pad was a total fluke, but I loved it so I kept it – I was cutting a lump out of it and I pulled it away, causing those strange spike shapes!
- I added a spike to this guy’s helmet, inspired by the great Chaos artwork on page 103 of the latest Codex.

- Another Goblin blade was put to good use here, as well as more guitar wire for the breather. The trophy rack is cut from the Khorne Icon.

- This guy is probably the most dynamic general Marine. He is standing on a segment of tank track, which required a fair amount of cutting and repositioning. His combat blade is an Ork knife glued onto the arm that is meant to hold a Heavy Bolter. I added a loyalist helmet to his Night Goblin spike!

- A relatively unmodified model – this guy has the horned helmet from the command sprue, with one horn damaged and green stuffed. I snipped the Imperial Guard skull from one of the command sprue Icons, and drilled a bullet hole into the helmet with a pin vice!

- Notable changes here are the ram skull glued to the shoulder pad and green stuffed, GS work on the other (battle-damaged) shoulder, and a slight change of angle on the helmet horns.

- I really like this fellow’s pose, quite simple but sinister. A bit of damage and corrosion was done with drilling and sand, and I gave him a horn on one shoulder (clipped from the Tzeentch Icon).

So that’s it, for now - I think I am ready to spray them and start painting! I am quite nervous about painting them, because I am paranoid about spoiling them. I am a fairly competent painter, but it is going to require lots of time and care to achieve a standard I’m happy with.

I will be doing a few test schemes on old models before I start, but my aim regarding colours is to work the armour up to quite a light (but fairly dirty-looking) bleached bone. The trim will probably be green, but maybe metal. The bare skin will just be a case of experimenting!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:19 pm

cool conversions
The Fourth Norseman

Postby James on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:20 pm

But seriously, someone must have a spare plasma gun to send me! :(

They look like this:

NOT the one-handed pistol version!

James
Administrator

Postby meluaz on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:21 pm

ure good with the green stuff
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby James on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:11 pm

I've done a mock-up test model to try out the colour scheme I am planning to use for my squad. It's a bit messy, but it is meant to look stained and dirty anyway, and I quite like the colour contrast:

James
Administrator

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:15 pm

Lose the green imo.

I always preferred nurgle where they were bleached bone and with gore pouring out of them.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby James on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:51 pm

I think it would be too monotone if it was bone all over, I quite like the contrast between the light bone and the green trim... but I need to improve it somehow. I won't be painting huge amounts of gore, mainly just the areas I have sculpted.

James
Administrator

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Some variation on this theme is what i meant.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby James on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Yeah, I'm going to have some more tries getting the bone colour. That guy's armour is actualy red, but I see what you mean. Gold trim might be interesting, although I don't currently have any golds.

James
Administrator