Welcome to UK Thrash!

APOCALYPTIC RAGE! Sat Aug 23rd - All Day London Thrash Fest!

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: APOCALYPTIC RAGE! Sat Aug 23rd - All Day London Thrash Fest!

Postby The Rash on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:13 pm

James Thrashbey! =D>
The Rash

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:25 pm

metaldazza wrote:[*]The marshmallow tennis between the crowd and Nebukadnezza pic nice hat!

Oh god, I nearly shat myself every time I saw a marshmallow get thrown at Adriano, I could just imagine him getting up and smashing all the drums over (like that bit in Commando in the shopping centre where all the security guards are crowded round Arnie, and he just goes RAAAAAAA and stands up and they all fall over), and jumping into the crowd to kill everyone.

I do have to say actually, every band who played was on such top form, especially Mutant! Goodness me, it was one of, if not the, best performances I have seen from them. It felt very sad to see Paul go, but what a triumphant finish it was! The energy was immense, it was tight, and The Rauncher, my god, The Rauncher! Amazing. Nebs were also on amazing and hilarious form, Donny marching across the stage looking particularly proud as everyone chanted 'Fuck You!' was very funny. Also the moment during Gama Bomb's set when everyone was attacking each other with inflatable hammers was hilarious. And Deceptor! kjshdfasdjfhadlskjfhdlaskfh Deceptor were absolutely brilliantly fantastic, better than I ever remember. Awesome, fucking awesome. Deceptor, Mutant and Nebs were definitely my fave bands of the day, although I really do mean it when I say every single band was fantastic. Actually, I must say, the only band that I surprisingly didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would was HOD - I mean they were fantastic and everything and played very well, but I just didn't feel much energy or excitement whilst watching them, can't really put my finger on why, but there we go. It was still well-played and fun stuff for all.

An amazing day for goodness me!
jonny_boy34

Postby Lev on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:30 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:Actually, I must say, the only band that I surprisingly didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would was HOD - I mean they were fantastic and everything and played very well, but I just didn't feel much energy or excitement whilst watching them, can't really put my finger on why, but there we go.

No Feemo.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:07 pm

No baby yet either. *sigh*

Big cheers to Johnny Riddler (the kiddie fiddler) for filling my size 10 boots and learning the songs.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby zykloned on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:42 pm

Last night was awesome.

My top 2 bands were Nebu and Mutant.

The Sodom cover band was a nice surprise!!

Rik is a genius with the hammers, the doorman was a bit uptight tho aye.

So yeh, great gig, well done Jamie, you flamin pedo!
zykloned

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:35 pm

That was a amazing occasion. My thanks go to Jamie for doing the bloody thing and for giving me somewhere to crash (In pretty lush conditions as well i might add).

It was such a good day. I really don't have the words for just how excellent the bands where.

Amok, classic guys. Your front man is as daft as a balloon and that's perfect. Really like the stuff as well. Christ who else, Deceptor! Bloody hell wow! Really blew my head off with that one, and watching James up there just gives me an excellent grin.

Doctor Death, bit of a ropey start. But really pulled it together and i like the new song (lyrics maybe a good addition) and as for Mr Kushner (aka The Young Halford) appearance, i was laughing so hard i couldn't breathe it was that amazing.

H.O.D

You have made my childhood dream come true, i can actually die a happy man. Other than that, good stuff. I don't think it was as good as the first time i saw you per say. But that is me splitting very tiny hairs.

Damnas, another really excellent set from you guys. Love SOS, such a mad blend and it works so very well.

Mutant! Wow, i must have said this a thousand times you get better every time i bloody see you. Every song was a master crafted slice of heavenly wonderment. The Rauncher...... jesus christ alive The Rauncher. Please do what i said and get the recording off the desk and get it out there, we need it! The wonderful fate warm up gave me a burst of joy as well, over all 412/10

Nebs, so brutal. The sound was just so spot on, i was taken aback by it. Donny looking like an evil Pharaoh was excellent as well.

Obsessed By Sodomy, fantastic, just bloody excellent. Such a bloody excellent surprise.

Gama Bomb, nice to see you guys relaxed a bit more i would say. Really brings out the best in you all. Sound again was fantastic, which has been a problem for you in the past i would say. Hammers where an excellent idea, and can you please sodding tell me where you got that BTLC vest as i was awed by it the moment i saw it.

I also hope i didn't snore or stink too highly in the night.

Overall this has been such an awesome year for quality gigs so far.Totally amazing, i hope Stevedot2 managed to get back to Reading ok. That guy is a bloody trooper, hats off to him really. Smashed as usual, but then again i was pretty worse for wear by the end of it.

Basically, very very very nice times for all. Apologies if i missed anyone, but i am actually bloody tired to hell.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby zykloned on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:20 pm

oh yeh, props to steve for playin with a broken ankle!
zykloned

Postby keith_amok on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:16 pm

Class night! Cheers to Jamie again for inviting us down!! We had a total blast! A few gremlins with the equipment when we were onstage but it was great to play our first gig in London. Really good to see a lot of thre bands that I read about on here on the time. Was really good to see Mutant for the first time, tight as fuck, was really impressed. Get an album out! and Gama Bomb as usual were the dogs bollocks. Loving the hammers I ended up completly rubbered so was class. If i didnt shove a copy of our new album down your throat last night then you will be able to get it from our myspace within the next couple of days, Ooft!

rock on

:rockdevil:
Come to the THRASH ISLAND!!!!!!!!

SCOTTISH THRASH METAL - http://www.facebook.com/#!/amokscotland
keith_amok

Postby Necrotism on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:55 am

last night was alot of fun, saw some ace bands I haven't seen before like hallowed point....immense
Necrotism

Postby thrashduck on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:12 am

That was ruddy spectacular. Everything was a moment, from the inflatable hammers to Jon's amazing front man appearance to getting onto the bloody stage at the end..

I think I enjoyed every band I saw, something that is rare in this bloody day and age, I think I only missed Deceptor, which I am truly sorry about, god. I was particularly impressed with Amok who I hadn't seen before and of course, Gama Bomb, Mutant, Damnas, HOD et al nailed it as per bloody usual. Thank you so muches to Jamie for putting the whole shabang on and letting us stay, which was seriously nice of you. It was super safe to meet a few people I hadn't done yet either, I love you all..

All this whilst pretty much dying throughout the day due to my rubbish AIDS, although it kind of limited drinking because well.. it hurt.. I still had a complete blast. Here's to many more funboi occasions! Hurrah!

Now I must die, goodnight.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:43 am

I must also add that is was lovely to discover the Iron Maiden bond with Spencer, we had a wonderful moment singing the chorus of Ghost Of The Navigator together and it was very nice.
jonny_boy34

Postby Resilience Records on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:28 am

jonny_boy34 wrote:I must also add that is was lovely to discover the Iron Maiden bond with Spencer, we had a wonderful moment singing the chorus of Ghost Of The Navigator together and it was very nice.

They were tossing each other off.

I'll keep it brief-ish, because i am the most dead out of all of you... and i'll put money on that!

Thanks, massive-huge-unadulterated (by which i mean fully sodomised)-filthy-sweaty-lovely-heavy-Light speed-drunken-marvellous-shit me up one time-Thanks to all the bands for playing, travelling long distances and generally being awesome dudes. A LOT of loving went on yesterday... possibly too much (Paul McRagehammer), not one bad performance and not one bad band member - every band ruled heavily . and as far as the audience is concerned - Thanks to those who came a long way, and all the many that came a short way, it was a great turn out and a fantastic atmosphere (as always!), we all certainly know how to have a good fucking time don't we, so well done to you all.

Hey i even managed to do one of these yesterday :dance: - during Amok's set, couldn't get much better than that really.

by the way...
I'm never EVER doing another show like this, EVER again! it has nearly killed me! I was a very stressed man yesterday - so honestly, sorry if i was really rude to anybody!! But despite all this, it was without doubt the best show i've ever put on myself and i couldn't have wished for it to go any better than it did, i'm seriously chuffed! i'm also unbelievably proud of what we have achieved as a community and of where things are going at the moment, this is becoming a true movement in its own right, and is now gaining the attention and respect we deserve as artists, fans and freaks. it takes everybody to make these events what they are and so once again, i must thank you all.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby luke nukem on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:04 am

mutant rule
luke nukem

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:43 am

Resilience Records wrote:
jonny_boy34 wrote:I must also add that is was lovely to discover the Iron Maiden bond with Spencer, we had a wonderful moment singing the chorus of Ghost Of The Navigator together and it was very nice.

They were tossing each other off.

Oi, don't mock true love.
jonny_boy34

Postby HRKofHOD on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:31 am

Cheers for a top gig!! Was strange playin without Feemong, gutted we had to leave before Gammabomb n Mutant, next time!!!
Something, something, something, darksiiide.

Something, something, something, commmpleeeete.
HRKofHOD