Welcome to UK Thrash!

Iron Maiden - THE FINAL FRONTIER

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Iron Maiden - THE FINAL FRONTIER

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Control, this is Cleaner 6... I had something too poo too baaa back there...

Best opening to a video (or teaser trailer for a video, rather) ever.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Yes, what the hell is he trying to say?!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Something to put to bed back there? Not sure about the Cleaner 6 part though... Hahaha, this album is going to be amazing.
jonny_boy34

Postby Dian Wei on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:25 pm

Utterly dreadful.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby jonny_boy34 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:41 am

Amazingly dreadful.
jonny_boy34

Postby Creeping Dan on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 am

That video is just... I don't care what people say, I bet I will love this album so much aahhh.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:28 pm

http://ironmaiden.com/

Hilarious. The song's ok... but it would've been better if they'd have used more than two riffs. At least the solos are amazing. And this song will probably be great fun live. I imagine most people here will probably try and not like it, but be prepared to have some fun and it's actually quite fun. And also the full album version's a few minutes longer with that Satellite 15 intro, so hopefully the full version will have more amazing bits. It's better than El Dorado anyway, they seemed to have taken a more upbeat hard rock approach to the 'darker' moodiness of AMOLAD.

Actually I have to say now, on listening to it a second time, it's actually way way better. So make sure you listen to it twice! The first time being slightly shocking at not quite what you'd expect from a Maiden song, and the second time being ruddy good fun.

Yes, ruddy good fun I tell you. And the video's amazing, that guy's accent is the most hilarious thing ever!
jonny_boy34

Postby Craig on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Vocals definitely seem very AMOLAD and No Prayer-ish, definitely not one of Bruce's best moments, he sounds strained :(

The track itself is an improvement though, hopefully it'll get better still. That said, I'm not holding out much hope.
Personal Site | Freelance Web Design | Last.fm

Bash.org wrote:<Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
<bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
Craig
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:43 pm

They're clearly releasing the more easier-to-listen-to tracks first thought, so I imagine (well I don't imagine, they've already said) there's some more complex and melodic stuff on the rest of the album. As long as El Dorado's the worst track on the album (hopefully it will be), it'll be okay. Hopefully...
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Better than El Dorado definitely, and yes I imagine they are releasing the more radio-friendly tracks for now. The chorus is far too repetitive, but as you say it might be ok live.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 pm

This is the funny thing about the many chorii of Iron Maiden, as someone pointed out on Blabbergay earlier, they've always done repetitive hilarious chorii (Heaven Can Wait, Seventh Son, etc and such), so nothing's changed really, but I suppose the modern chorii aren't as good as the classic chorii. But For The Greater Good of God was amazing.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Fair point, but as it happens Heaven Can Wait's repetitive chori..us tends to annoy me as well!

James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Hahaha, I just find it hilarious. I love it when Iron Maiden are hilarious.
jonny_boy34

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Actually I just had a thought. Do you think the reason all these old bands get so hilarious (apart from Saxon who are actually insanely amazing at the moment) is because they get so big, stop letting good producers tell them what to do, and hire silly monkey boys to record their albums so that they can be allowed to satisfy their egos and have the final say over everything? For example, Martin Birch was the king of the world and made loads of bands sound amazing, then those bands chose new producers or decided to 'self produce' and became rubbish (Maiden, Sabbath, Rainbow for example possibly, unless my brain is incorrect which it might be).
jonny_boy34

Postby Mazz on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:10 pm

A very solid heavy metal video and a very solid plodding heavy metal song with lazy drumming and a lazy chorus.

Again I imagine Bruce singing this while sitting down and wearing an oversized t-shirt and jog bottoms...and taking a drag on cig when he's not singing.
"...maybe we'll play some twister and do some breakdancing?"

http://www.myspace.com/groanuk
http://www.myspace.com/ratzzzass
Mazz