Welcome to UK Thrash!

*LOL THREAD* APPARITIONS OF THE END

General music discussion

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

*LOL THREAD* APPARITIONS OF THE END

Postby drunkenstien on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:47 pm

hey people!
i thort i would start up a thread about my band see what you lot think!!
were a thrash metal band from banbury uk head over to our myspace page and check us out!!
http://www.myspace.com/apparitionsoftheend
we have a load of uk dates inc supports to napalm death at manchester academy so check the dates out and get down to a show near you =]
drunkenstien

Re: APPARITIONS OF THE END

Postby Resilience Records on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Not really my cup of tea, too modern sounding. Questionable if you guys are even a Thrash band at all... Your music is on the cusp of a few things, and your image is certainly not of a usual thrash band, you look more like a bunch of Deathcore/Emos lads...

Still, check out Denounced (if you don't know them already) - i reckon you'd probably like what they do, and would do well hooking up a show with them.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby drunkenstien on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:59 pm

lmao deathcore emo lads, oh its the hair thing isnt it! ahh well atleast ya looked lol wait for the album i think ya will change ya minds :p
and as if we dnt sound thrash tisk tisk haha
drunkenstien

Postby Resilience Records on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:06 pm

i hope so!

You should check out Denounced though, i reckon you guys would totally dig what they do...

by the way, wearing a Municipal Waste cap doesn't instantly make you a thrasher.
Heavy Metal is the Law.
Resilience Records

Postby Miko on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:12 pm

certainly not thrash :D
that sounded Death/Grindcore with bit more metal influences...
or is it just me
juokaa viinaa se on hyvää... isnt it nice when you cant understand a word im saying :)
Miko

Postby drunkenstien on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:13 pm

lol no it dont i agree but living for the music being brought up with bands like megadeth sepultura metallica dri vi-olence ect i think duz i also have a vast amount of other thrash tops haha just so happens that on those occasions thats what i was waring.....and wen did thrash become about immage anyway lol? i will check them out
drunkenstien

Postby drunkenstien on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Miko wrote:certainly not thrash :D
that sounded Death/Grindcore with bit more metal influences...
or is it just me

death? where are the blasts :s cheers for looking anyway and as i said to this other dude wait for the album we were just finding our feet on that ep!
cheers
drunkenstien

Postby Creeping Dan on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Seems more deathcore to me. Ill be at the Napalm Death gig... for Napalm Death.

Thrash isnt about the image at all. But you dont tend to get away with big fringes and silly haircuts. Dunno how thatd go down with a Napalm Death crowd.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Postby Jack6717 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:27 pm

C'mon their quite thrashy but its obvious you have other influences and I think you should highlight them as it looks like you're trying to pass yourselves as something you're not.
Last edited by Jack6717 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack6717

Postby drunkenstien on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:31 pm

hahaha who in my band has a silly fringe 2 of us have skinheads 2 of us have long hair haha lmao cant belive this has decended into a hairdressing thread anyway thanks for the comments guys if you wanna see exactley how thrash we are come allong too a show and maybe we will change your minds and too the dude coming to napalm come say hey after the set then say were not a thrash band haha =]
cheers
drunkenstien

Postby James on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:13 pm

I'd basically call it metalcore - no doubt some thrash influence in there, but not thrash (much like Lamb of God or Trivium). On the other hand, if the vocals were different and they didn't have the emo look about them then I don't think their style would be that distinguishable from some of the more modern sounding "UK Thrash" bands.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Magnificent S Pendergast on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:52 pm

The music sounds thrashy to me - the vocals don't though. I didn't hear any of the dreaded Killswitch Engage style clean singing but admittedly I only listened to a couple of minutes of it.
Magnificent S Pendergast

Postby jonny_boy34 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:03 pm

The singing is there, every now and again. There's a hint of thrash influence - at least in the one-two thrash-style drum beat that is used often. People obviously have different ideas of what thrash is, but to me (and seemingly most others here) this doesn't sound like what I believe thrash metal is. That doesn't matter of course, music can be anything you like, but when you have a a big 'THRASH METAL' underneath your logo on the MySpace, I guess it makes you expect a bit more of a classic thrash sound, rather than the modern metalcore with a thrash influence thing that's going on here. Whatever it is, it's not really for me, but good luck to you.
jonny_boy34

Postby drunkenstien on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:53 pm

haha thing is tho all of you have checked out the band weather you like it or not, its been an easy days work for spreading the name huu? as for the emo look c'mon dudes were all into the same shit and just coz none of us have long hair beards and smell like beer (dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that) dont mean that were not thrash and people please metalcore we are not metal(im sure you are aware of what that means) core(hardCORE) wich we are not so yeah read what i have written in prev comments and keep ya eyes open for the album like i say we were finding our feet with this ep not even sepultura got it right 1's time around cheers for the comments
drunkenstien

Postby Creeping Dan on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Id say you got off fine here.

Remember White Hazzard? Some White Hazzard jokes keep popping up, and thats always good.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan