Welcome to UK Thrash!

BLACK WINTER DAY - BRADFORD - SAT 15TH DEC

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby Darkweasel on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:41 am

Michalik wrote:let em burn, evile and sabbat were all brilliant. i thought the venue worked out pretty well especially with all the space for a massive merch section, i've never understood why the venue isn't used more for concerts.

i grabbed a let em burn demo, trenchfoot terrance is a personal favourite

Great venue but it was made to look cavernous due to the turnout. I'd definitely go to another gig there though, and yes, the merch stands were excellent.

I would have got a Let 'em Burn cd myself but I skinted myself buying an old Sabbat 1989 tour shirt.
Darkweasel

Postby metaltony on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:47 am

it was a good gig,the venue was excellent plenty of room cheap beer,could have done with some food though,universities in the UK have some of the best venues and should be used more i suggested to matt of Evile they should do a university tour..lol
metaltony

Postby Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:00 pm

We're looking at putting on more large gigs through next year at the university. The few downfalls about it are that it's very badly signposted for such a large university as few people actually knew precisely where the venue was and for large gigs we have to hire outboard sound equipment which costs a packet. Also given the turnout on Saturday confidence in the live metal music scene isn't running particularly high at the moment.
http://www.myspace.com/letemburn666 - Enrich your life and eardrums.
kilgore666@hotmail.com - For msn and gig booking related gayness for Let 'Em Bum.
Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn

Postby Darkweasel on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:35 am

Some piccies.

Not the best quality but it's only an ickle mobile.
Darkweasel

Postby metaltony on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:08 am

Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn wrote:We're looking at putting on more large gigs through next year at the university. The few downfalls about it are that it's very badly signposted for such a large university as few people actually knew precisely where the venue was and for large gigs we have to hire outboard sound equipment which costs a packet. Also given the turnout on Saturday confidence in the live metal music scene isn't running particularly high at the moment.

yeah i must admit it took some finding luckily i came down the day before and found out where it was.
metaltony

Postby James on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:27 am

:'( I want to see Sabbat again so badly! Even though Martin seems to be dressing like a strange druidic skydiver these days!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby thrashduck on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:29 am

Haha, yeh what's that about? An abundance of straps.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby Darkweasel on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:47 am

thrashduck wrote:Haha, yeh what's that about? An abundance of straps.

Better than an abundance of strap-ons.
Darkweasel

Postby thrashduck on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:48 am

Darkweasel wrote:

Better than an abundance of strap-ons.

It'd be funnier. Not very pagan, but funny.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby terrorizer on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:50 am

It holds in the middle-age spread.

"If you want a picture of the future of UK Thrash, imagine a boot stamping on a Member's face, forever."
terrorizer

Postby James on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 am

or should that be the Middle Ages spread?
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Michalik on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:30 am

Kilgore~Let 'Em Burn wrote:We're looking at putting on more large gigs through next year at the university. The few downfalls about it are that it's very badly signposted for such a large university as few people actually knew precisely where the venue was and for large gigs we have to hire outboard sound equipment which costs a packet. Also given the turnout on Saturday confidence in the live metal music scene isn't running particularly high at the moment.

thats great to hear, hopefully if the events become more regular the audience size will improve, i suspect the student union did very little to advertise this since hardly any students seemed to attend and i know they are crap at even advertising their own student nights to the halls of residences etc
Michalik

Postby ThrashMetalLuci on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Took us a while to find the place. Even when we found the uni was all a bit of a maze and we bumped into a couple of people who were as lost as we were! Pretty sweet venue though. Some good bands, a couple that weren't so great ...but thought Sabbat and Let Em Burn were awesome! Shame there weren't more people there.
ThrashMetalLuci

Postby boovidge on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:49 pm

James wrote:or should that be the Middle Ages spread?

no :lol:
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:51 pm

lol
The Fourth Norseman