Welcome to UK Thrash!

Judas Priest, Megadeth, Testament UK tour

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: Judas Priest, Megadeth, Testament UK tour

Postby origamikid on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:33 pm

I thought the bass drum and bass guitar on priest set was painfully loud on first few songs but thought they had sorted it after that. Testaments sound was bit muddy with the guitar but Megadeth had a great sound i thought. I could hear everything perfect.
Fistful Of Metal Magazine- Coming soon .... (http://www.origamikid.wordpress.com)
UK Editor for: http://www.metal-temple.com
Blog This Shit UP: http://origamikid.wordpress.com

James wrote:I don't hate them, I just think they're a disgrace to metal.

H.O.D. Feemo wrote:I play girls aloud a lot with my walkman on while walking the dog, some chavs caught me dancing once.
Gay enough?
origamikid

Postby Lev on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:53 pm

The opposite way round with us, the drums got louder towards the end with Priest. Was ear piercing.
James wrote:This Facebook notification says it all really:

Martin James Crawford became a fan of Heretic (1 fan).
Lev

Postby Stevedot2 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:27 pm

origamikid wrote:hahaha zurab that does make me laugh..i can just imagine your dissapointment lol

Also... Steve i think everyone would have been chanting "megadeth" during the chorus to Symphony of Destruction 100% as it was done widly on the Buenos Aires DVD which after watching it alot of the deth fans have started to do.

Oh yeah, shit! haha, I made the same mistake during the song live, I was like yeah Peace Sells, then he started singing about the Pide Piper and I was like, oh damn, it's this song. Lol.
Stevedot2

Postby Raging Paul on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:26 pm

I couldnt hear or see most of Megadeth because of people singing along to all the vocal parts and riffs, and thrusting their arms in the air to take endless amounts of photos. The best bit was after they finished and loads of morons were just shambling around asking if anyone had seen a camera/phone on the floor.
Raging Paul

Postby James on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:35 pm

I also really enjoyed Metal Gods - it can be a bit of a bland track on record, but it was so pounding live, especially after the relatively unfamiliar opener!
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby meluaz on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Raging Paul wrote:I couldnt hear or see most of Megadeth because of people singing along to all the vocal parts and riffs, and thrusting their arms in the air to take endless amounts of photos. The best bit was after they finished and loads of morons were just shambling around asking if anyone had seen a camera/phone on the floor.

some fucking asshole kept humbing all the fucking riffs right in my ears and i couldnt hear sometimes aswell, i think the venue had a noise control on cause i could hear myself speak normally
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby James on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:34 pm

I thought you said "humping all the riffs in my ears" which would have been a lot more funny/disturbing.
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:57 am

Yeah, Metal Gods was amazing! There really is something incredible about that track live. And yeah, for fuck's sake, what is it with the new generation of metal fans and their fucking camera phones? I remember during one song near the end (can't remember which one), I looked around and suddenly realised there were loads of people all around me just holding their phones up, filming the song. Why don't people just put their bloody phones away and enjoy the show? Fucking morons.
jonny_boy34

Postby James on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah, a European man near me got told off like a school-boy by two seperate security men for using a film camera. He was quite proud of his comeback "you're BREAKING THE LAW you bastards!", whereas in fact I suspect he was.

I also found it quite annoying when people around me kept shouting for "PAINKILLA11!!1!!!!111!!" even though they were obviously going to get round to it and they were playing plenty of other good songs at the time.

James
Administrator

Postby jonny_boy34 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Yeah, bloody little idiots who think Painkiller is the best priest song. Also, when me and Stu were walking towards the stadium, a car stopped and asked these young boys what was going on, and they went "Megadeeeeeth!" like idiots, so I shouted "Judas Priest!" but no one heard me. I hate metal fans, they're so annoying.
jonny_boy34

Postby Dian Wei on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:04 pm

There were a lot of annoying people there, those twunts asking who Elizabeth Fry was were partially taxing.
Gee.... I don't know about the rest of you guys, but lately the only things that truly motivate me are erections and bowel movements.

Thank the Police coming straight from the underground...
Dian Wei

Postby Bongwater on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:11 pm

i actually noticed that alot of metal heads are weirdos, proper deliverence style, im with jonny boy on this one, bloody annoying...get some friends wontya
Bongwater

Postby thrashduck on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:46 pm

I've also grown to hate those boisterous shouty boys who are drunk at 6pm and just go around shouting band names and being sick in your hair.
IN A BAND?! SEND ME NEWS NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/ukthrashpodcast

NEKROKANNIBAL wrote: delete this account now coz this forum is pure fuckin gay lame shit
thrashduck

Postby zykloned on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:48 pm

was in town once with teh bois and some guy some and screams in my face DIMMU BORGIR.

great man, ..really....great
zykloned