Welcome to UK Thrash!

SABBAT confirmed for Bloodstock Open Air 07

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby John on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:07 pm

There's a lot of bad things in the world. Famine, war, poverty and indeed Southern beer, BUT THE MOST terrible thing is making bands pay to play. Not just that, things like 'to be able to play this gig you have to sell xx tickets'. It's the fucking worst thing ever. You have enough to worry about being in a band like remembering how to play without having to worry about pissing your closest mates off by making them feel sorry enough for you to buy a ticket off you.

The other thing. 'vote for my band to play at bla bla bla fest'. Vote for my band? If you have to get on a festival try getting good and not relying on votes. Good grief what is the UK coming to?

Tell you what kids... (and I don't mean that to sound patronising to the younger dudes in bands on this forum, but a lot are younger than me and probably havn't had the experience of being able to gig abroad) but they do things different over the water, you get treat like a band. They make you feel good. They give you food and expenses and a crowd. They're not always trying to make profit. Tell yer, it's happening more and more in England.

But if you get asked to pay to play some shitty little venue tell 'em to bugger right off out of it. With fuel costs, van hire, food whatever.... your already paying to play without the promoter trying to screw you over as well.

I'm right bloody mad now.
John

Postby Bangover on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:01 pm

John wrote: you get treat like a band

eastern bloc style
Bangover

Postby John on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:50 am

Go on then, you spell treat. Is it 'tret'? You can't spell it treated as it's in the wrong context. Is that what your on about anyway?
John

Postby Bangover on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:04 am

John wrote:Go on then, you spell treat. Is it 'tret'? You can't spell it treated as it's in the wrong context. Is that what your on about anyway?

I thought it was meant to be treated, i just like it when I hear engrish style language used. Its better than normal talking.
Bangover

Postby The Fourth Norseman on Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:21 pm

UK THRASH TENT AREA

whos in?
The Fourth Norseman

Postby Immortalicide on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:39 pm

The Fourth Norseman wrote:UK THRASH TENT AREA

whos in?

I will be there, but as i live so close, i will be sleeping in my bed :D Plus i have to go to work all 3 days too :cry: though i shall still get there by 2 in the afternoon :D
Immortalicide

Postby Povey on Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:08 pm

I am in the process of making a Reanimator Flag for our camp
Povey

Postby sabbat35 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:36 am

Lets hope its frazer craske on bass cos he didnt play DOD or wacken the other night......
sabbat35

Postby Atom on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:49 am

sabbat35 wrote:Lets hope its frazer craske on bass cos he didnt play DOD or wacken the other night......

Nice tattoo!
Atom

Postby sabbat35 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:12 am

Atom wrote:
sabbat35 wrote:Lets hope its frazer craske on bass cos he didnt play DOD or wacken the other night......

Nice tattoo!

Thanks man - SABBAT NEWS JUST IN - Andy Sneap typed this message to me a few hours ago:-

[On Frazer]
he hasnt given us an answer so I cant give you one. I've not heard from him in weeks and he only wanted to do the gigs that he was going to be at so we've had no choice but to get our friend Gizz Butt (english dogs / prodigy gtr player) to stand in. To be honest, it's quite obvious his heart isn't in it at the mo and it's only a bit of fun so there's no bad feelings about any of it. We all wanted him to do the festivals but we couldn't rehearse twice, once with him and once with Gizz so the only way was to do all the festivals or let Gizz do them.
sabbat35

Postby Bangover on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:02 am

Awwww! I really like Frazer....Like santa
Bangover