Welcome to UK Thrash!

RIVER FRESHNEY @ RUCKTION RECORDS HARDCORE SHOW!

Discussion about upcoming gigs and gig swaps

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

RIVER FRESHNEY @ RUCKTION RECORDS HARDCORE SHOW!

Postby Lee4 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:25 pm

This Sunday, we're playing a Rucktion Records Hardcore show in Canning Town. Safe... we get to play with some bros... Kartel, Bun Dem Out, and TRC.

This is our first show without Doyle on vocals... So Wez will be taken on all the mouth and I'll do the only guitar. Faraz's first show is Gazstock in Wakefield... be there!!!

Lee4

Re: RIVER FRESHNEY @ RUCKTION RECORDS HARDCORE SHOW!

Postby radioactive rik on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:43 am

i want to go.it all depends if southern rail/london underground be pussies by panic-ing about a little bit of snow/weather at the weekend.
i'll check the web on the day for updates etc.fingers crossed.itd be cool to see this one off Freshney line up.
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby zykloned on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:13 am

Wickid, see ya there Rik!
zykloned

Postby jonny_boy34 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:27 am

Awesome! I went to school with most of TRC, they are quite hilarious chaps indeed. Don't know if I'll be able to make this though, possibly will be having a band practice, and hopefully getting Tom's parents to give me loads of delicious food. I love those guys.
jonny_boy34

Postby radioactive rik on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:30 pm

yeah im gonna attempt this one,i will leave about halfway,just to be on the travel 'safe' side,aiiii!
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby jonny_boy34 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Yeah, the snow's supposed to be madness again on Sunday night!
jonny_boy34

Postby radioactive rik on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:54 pm

great show.2 french bands on first. the first bands lead singer was having a bit of a hissy fit about the crowds involvement(or what he considered as the lack of it).
they were the first band on plus the more he went on about it,the less anyone was likely to do what he said or rather,demanded.he didnt get(what he considered)loud enough cheers/responses to his "how are we all doing"/"you wanna hear more" kinda callouts and said "no?ok bye" threw the mic down and was about to storm off when their drummer persuaded him to do the last 2 songs.
what a misery guts.he should be thankful for the people watching,nodding and clapping in appreciation rather than whinge about how many people arent reacting in his ideal world.
considering ive been to bridgehouse twice before,the opening sets at the other 2 gigs had way less people than last night(as it was rather packed)and them bands didnt mind and just enjoyed playing a set and were greatful to be playing to at least some people.

anyway french band no.2 were much better,the singer used the open space initially and then a few people started getting involved.also the lead singer was a hefty,indian french dude.totally unexpected(as i saw him hangin about in the venue earlier).he was a bit more entertaining.and this band were similar sounding to the first but a tad better overall,musically and attitude wise.

anyway,the main reason i came to this gig was for the exclusive,one off line up of River Freshney(Faraz,you shoulda came,you missed a wickla one)
i wasnt sure what to expect from Wez4 as frontman.i initially thought hed have a more serious,solid stance,angrier style but he exceeded my expectations and kept the vital comedy ingredient/tradition of what is River Freshney.
doing all the little jigs,bustin moves and plenty of joking and sillyness.the vocal is varied and in the vein of the original vocal but with a slightly more energetic screech to it.amazing role change,bang on and perfected.
also there were a lot more people getting involved due to the less serious/angry approach of the traditional hardcore from the first 2 bands earlier.
another great mixture of hardcore flailing,headbanging and moshing by crowd members and a lot more laughter during the River Freshney set from the crowd as well as the band who obviously enjoyed every minute without a hitch.
also i think its always funny to see what people who havent heard them before make of River Freshney as they arent strictly thrash/hardcore yet they combine elements of both.so depending on the theme of the event/what bands have been on you get a really mixed crowd(and reaction).always good.
great performers and im sure the set by River Freshney(with the addition of Faraz) at the Evile/underworld gig will be amazing and a brilliant opener. :rockdevil:
ImageImage
radioactive rik

Postby Lee4 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:58 am

Cheers for that Rik... always good to see ya at the shows!
We had a blast!
Saaafe!
Lee4