Welcome to UK Thrash!

Terrorizer UK Thrash Feature

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:08 pm

Can I quickly say without getting involved in this debate that yes, I think criticism should always be heard because bands can learn from it and improve, and yes, I don't like it when a band just rips off old ideas from a genre and plays generic music, the whole point of music is that it is a form of self-expression, and to be able to express yourself in that way is a great thing and should be appreciated. It too pisses me off when bands get successful just because they look pretty and 'know the right people', especially when their music is a by-the-numbers rehash of anything that came before it (I'm personally thinking of the countless hair-metal bands I've seen who are just carbon copies of bands like Whitesnake and get away with it). That is not jealously, that's anger at the injustice of the world today. I respect a band who is willing to work hard for what they want and who tries to make music that means something to them, not just music that will make them a profit.

However, I'm not saying anything about any band in particular because I haven't been part of this for long, i'm still not too familiar with most of the bands here (I only have Bangers & Thrash and I liked every single song on it) and I'm not that familiar with thrash in general to be honest. But if someone has an opinion and has the balls to voice it when no one else has, I respect that, even if I don't agree with it.

So if someone criticises your band, either listen to them and learn from it, or ignore it if you disagree, that's what I do. But there's no point in getting into silly arguments about it and insulting everyone. (Again, these comments are not aimed at anyone in particular, they are just my general opinions, I was going to stay out of this, but then I thought, why not.)

So those are my thoughts anyway. Basically the article was great and gave the scene some much deserved support. There are some really cool, honest and decent people on here, and I have great fun even though I'm not into thrash anyway near as much as most people on here are. Let's not spoil it with the madness that ruins every other forum.

The power of metal binds us all.
Last edited by jonny_boy34 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonny_boy34

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Bangover wrote:
boovidge wrote:
jonny_boy34 wrote:Image

:lol: it looks like he's just said something to that girl

it looks like he just saw up that girls skirt and is looking away very pleased with himself and cant wait to go and tell someone.

:wink:

:lol: I just think he looks like he's retarded.
jonny_boy34

Postby MartinC on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:16 pm

Yeah, I'd just like to say I'm sorry for mouthing off and calling every cunts. I still hate you all, but I was being a bit childish.

Any way, Louise Redknapp is on the telly, and she's fucking fit - so I'm not pissed off any more.
MartinC

Postby lyallthomas on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:44 pm

Which one in that photo is the girl?
lyallthomas

Postby Herzeleid on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:01 pm

Am I really the first one to notice that the kid with braces looks a bit like a younger martin?

Stevedot2 wrote:Stop complaining you black cunt.

http://www.myspace.com/superking - Don't look at meeee!
Herzeleid

Postby boovidge on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:03 pm

the "kid in the photo" is Jamie a.k.a Resiliance Records :lol:
Metal Iain wrote:This board has nothing to do with the 'scene'. It's more just about 10 or so pricks who used to like Thrash that, for one reason or another, waste a lot of time posting on here.

boovidge

Postby Herzeleid on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:06 pm

:lol: God I love this place

Herzeleid

Postby MartinC on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:08 pm

Herzeleid wrote::lol: God I love this place

Well if you're planning on staying here and you want to be taken seriously, you're going to have to think about getting a moving-booby avatar.
MartinC

Postby Bane on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:17 pm

MartinC wrote:Any way, Louise Redknapp is on the telly, and she's fucking fit - so I'm not pissed off any more.

So THAT's who she is! I was sitting infront of the TV for, oh, 4 minutes wondering what her name was. She wouldn't look out of place on a Concern poster.
Bane

Postby ash on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:11 am

Herzeleid wrote:Am I really the first one to notice that the kid with braces looks a bit like a younger martin?

hahahahaha no i thought it WAS a younger martin.
ash

Postby lyallthomas on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:41 am

Younger martin??!? that is Martin at school the other day. Chris took it......Martins still in Y11. Didn't u all know?
lyallthomas

Postby ash on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:05 pm

also, fuckin hell its just like scuzz again. sam bumming everyone. :rockdevil: !!!!!!!!!!!!
ash

Postby MartinC on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:06 pm

ash wrote:

also, fuckin hell its just like scuzz again. sam bumming everyone. :rockdevil: !!!!!!!!!!!!

What you on about Ash? I was rly nice to everyone there too...
MartinC

Postby metaltony on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:35 pm

good article i enjoyed it :rockdevil:
metaltony

Postby Herzeleid on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:56 pm

ash wrote:

Not really, i'm just a fairly nice person. You should try it some time :)

Herzeleid