Welcome to UK Thrash!

Good News Everyone

Talk about all thrash metal.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Good News Everyone

Postby Creeping Dan on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Megadeth might break up.

"that is simply not true.and i have the right to say that i don't want to do this anymore.we don't get the press, radio, or cable TV support that baby bands even get.touring is great, but at what price? my son is grown, my daughter said she doesn't want to talk to me, and i am living alone again.i think when i say that I am tired and i want to stop soon, I MEAN IT."

-Dave Mustaine

Taken from the Megadeth forum.
Rub my face... up and down
Creeping Dan

Re: Good News Everyone

Postby Atom on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:01 pm

His grammar is awful, I MEAN IT.

Well that sucks,it would be cool to see Megadeth go on longer, even though I don't really enjoy their new music, I would like to see them live occasionally and they are a legendary thrash metal band, would be a shame for the new metal fans to never get a chance to catch a show.
Atom

Postby Miko on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:01 pm

Sad for someone, doesnt realy concern me. but hey their music will live on and inspire thrashers all around the world.
juokaa viinaa se on hyvää... isnt it nice when you cant understand a word im saying :)
Miko

Postby Creeping Dan on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 pm

I bet hes going to get drunk again and go into rehab again. As hes having family problems. And this is how he seems to react.
Creeping Dan

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:17 pm

We were promised this two 'farewell tours' ago, he knows how to work the internet that fella.
H.O.D. Feemo

Postby jonny_boy34 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:08 pm

I really hope he goes off the rails, does loads of drugs, and then makes an amazing album.
jonny_boy34

Postby meluaz on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:58 pm

am i the only one who feels sympathy for dave mustaine and his family problems?
Image Image
MartinC wrote:HOW CAN PEARL JAM BE GOOD?! THEY ARE NOT METALLSSSS!!!1111

/Zurab
meluaz

Postby Creeping Dan on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Well i hardly know Dave personally enough to care enough. Although it mustnt be fun. But thats as much as im able to care without knowing him.
Creeping Dan

Postby thrasherdave on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:28 pm

jonny_boy34 wrote:I really hope he goes off the rails, does loads of drugs, and then makes an amazing album.

+1

He always wrote at his best when he was smacked off his nadgers
Dian Wei wrote:It's that UKT vibe, we all basically are gay for one another.
thrasherdave

Postby Refused on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:34 am

thrasherdave wrote:
jonny_boy34 wrote:I really hope he goes off the rails, does loads of drugs, and then makes an amazing album.

+1

He always wrote at his best when he was smacked off his nadgers

But when he was sober he wrote songs about kicking chairs and how he was a scorpion. Mental.
Refused

Postby Creeping Dan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Droogies!

I spent the day popping in and out of the studio while the electrical work and lighting was being started for the school, and I got a chance to read some threads, have some fun replying, disspelled some myths, and got to welcome some cool new Droogs like our "Art of War" friend. By the way, is "a" favorite, not "the" favorite book of mine; it is top 5 for sure.

There is however no better book to galvanize yourself as a successful business person for strategy and understanding the cutthroat nature of the business world, while gaining instruction on how to assess any given "battlefield" and proceed with the complete confidence that you will not be defeated - you may not "win", but you surely won't be "defeated."

My number one is still my basic text book for living life when you are a metal musician and trying to just play music, have fun and die a happy person and go to heaven.

What I am most pleasantly surprised about is the wide range of descriptions of the new music, and the overwhelming joy that it is bringing you all. I know for some of you, your ability to experience joy when listening to music is pretty great, but there are going to be people that will be miserable, no matter what.

For those of you that are having fun, and are excited, like me, let's try to share with those Droogs or visitors or even interlopers what it is like to be part of our online community here at Megs.com, as well as how happy we all are being able to share our own excitement.

Some people are loving it the first listen, some are loving it on the tenth listen. The bottom line is that people are loving it, and even some of the most toughest critics, like the German metal press, and English metal press, as well as a lot of the particular music board fans that are predominantly negative, are actually finding a lot to love about ENDGAME.

For the silly, hopeless romantics that just love the music because it is Megadeth, like me, I just enjoy putting the album on and setting off to workout or do my work at home or the studio. It is great driving music too.

So for our fortunate fans in Japan, I welcome your comments here, and I am so honored by your compliments: Japanese fans or visitors, this is going to be one Helluva Tour this time. We are purposely learning some of the most aggressive songs from our new record, as well as the classic thrashers from the past. Feel free to talk it up as much as your want. I know that it is not too much the Japanese way to act all nutty, but I do love to read your comments.

This is going to be my finest hour, and I am glad to share it with you all. This is not a personal victory for me; this is a personal victory for us all! For everyone that likes it fast, loud, and rude . . . I'm back!

To our friends in Germany who will be getting the record on September 11th, please know that I thought about you all, everytime I set my guitar down after a particularly fast part. I would think, "Man, I can't wait to play that in front of our German fans!" I hope that you find tremendous enjoyment from this record, and I thank you all for the inspiration; not only in my blood, but also being half-german in my ancestory, in my metal heart.

The UK is next on the 14th I believe, and with respectable institutions like Metal Hammer reviewing our record as positively as they did, and having one of their premeire writers come out and say that, "Megadeth are better . . . ", it just makes me so unbelievebly eager to come back to the UK. So much so, that I was actually going to talk to Andy Sneap about what the cost of living is in England today. Thank you and Cheers Big Ears to all of our UK Droogs!

Which leaves us with our Nation here in the U.S.

I am seeing so much help and consideration from two very important people from Roadrunner US in Megadeth's life right now, and I have to mention them; Dave Rath and Chris Brown. There was a long period that I felt like there was not one single person at the label that would help us. But Chris and Dave are true mensch, and they make the US label proud.

I would like to note that things are getting better for us, and while we are still getting to know the new people there like Rick Ernst (who has been very understanding, respectful, and most importantly helpful to our cause, which is Megadeth afterall).

However, I have seen nothing about radio or TV, I was reviewing all of the press that we are doing so far, and while not as much as the last record or the record before that, there has been a shrinking in magazines you can hold in your hands and more magazines going online, which just shows that the forward thinking of Megadeth with the amount of time that we invest in our online relationships with you is also felt and agreed by our press persons at the US label.

I have had several comments that I read here, and now that I have seen how hard these folks really are working, I would like to ask you if you cant reach them first, to just send the interviews requests here to our webmaster@megadeth.com. If you are a magazine or fanzine and want an interview and cant reach the label, we will help you get in touch with them and get your interview. It may not be with me, but you will surely get Megadeth if you are a legit publication.

Same thing with radio; although I don't have a clue what is happening at radio or even what our radio persons name is. I do look forward to meeting him and seeing what his strategy is of not doing any phoners witih any radio stations before the release of the record.

Now, if you are a college radio station, and you want to talk to us, WE want to talk to you. I would LOVE to talk to all of the colleges across our great nation. In the event that there is any major radio stations and they aren't playing us, please jot down their name and number and we will try to contact them and make sure that they didn't "accidentally" get their promo CD that was sent in the mail mixed up.

Y'all know how much I love talking to radio, especially now that we have "Megadeth Radio: Predictably Unpredictable" for our own 24/7 internet radio show starting in October. If there is any programs out there that are talk radio too, sports radio, even special shows - if one of us has something in common with the shows plot. I have two words, like Tony Horton of PX90 says, "Bring It!"

Lastly, I want to thank all of our street team members. I especially want to thank you because I have seen how upset you are from the apparent MIA Street Team Leader. I don't know what to say, other than I will make Dog the bounty hunter look like a boy scout, when it comes down to finding out how our amazingly awesome Field Generals that want to volunteer their precious time handing out material for the promotion of our band can't reach this person. I am thinking maybe something happened and this is just a fluke. I doubt that anyone would just disappear.

You have officially been given permission by me to contact the street team leader for your area and ask them to contact their street team leader, and so on, until we find out where the bottle necck is. If it is someone who is going to make this as much a fantastic fan driven experience as I want this to be, you can trust me, there will be a completely different attitude waiting to greet your gift of your time.

In closing, I have had a great day, learned more wonderful things about you, and I discovered some good news about the US label, and it is refreshing to see that the positive attitude of a couple believers in Megadeth can turn a whole label around in faith in a person and in a project. My contract is up with Roadrunner, and I am convinced that Megadeth has had its best representation internationally during the last 25 years of my career by Roadrunner.

I really want so badly for that to happen here at home. So, I am going to ask that you send prayers and whatever way you send you support to me that I have so often felt during these times when I come to you about the record, the release, the press, the broadcasters - tv radio satellite cable, I just ask that you would help me reach as many people as possible, and that the other three guys will be able to do press everyday until ENDGAME is a success for the band, for the label, and for you.

I also want this to be one of the best records that Roadrunner ever releases and with Nickleback and Slipknot, it isn't about sales, because we may never sell as much as those two monsters, but we havre something just as valuable; we have a great record!

I love you all,

I am heading Northbound tonight to go to an event to watch Scott Weiland's new clothing line be released. Scott is pretty stylish in his dress, and I am curious as to what he did.

I am also meeting with the people from ILoveAllAccess.com and discussing our touring plans coming up and the various ways to work out ticket and pass packages, some of which will include as much as two seats up on stage on my side in some concerts. We are also discussing everything that would go along with the experience; besides meeting Megadeth (or at least me), a ticket, pass, some memorabilia, getting in the venue early, going backstage and just being a rockstar!

We won't have the two seats up on stage everynight, and sometimes it will be on Chris' side, due to stage restrictions.

I am feeling a little better today, although I am surprised why someone at the Roadrunner site would say that they don't need your help. I say we need your help. Don't stop for a second doing what you do, because if Roadrunner US knows my feelings and that I was willing to give them a fresh chance in the US and they want to do this, that is ok too. Please, don't believe that. I welcome your support here in the US and abroad.

Someone said that the label prolly doesn't want to spend any money on a band that is going to leave them. I never said that I was going to leave them, I said that the US label is not comparable to the Intl labels, and that I would stay with them if I continued on, and that I would re-evaluate the US label based on what they do with ENDGAME.

Bottom line is that everyone in the entire world is watching what they are doing, and everyone has seen problems around the world with the job that is being done. The Intl lables are keen to fix things, and usually on it in mere moments. Whereas there has been tremendous difficulty with the US label.

They have changed out some people and I am hopeful that they will make good on the things that they did last time, and do good by this record. It would be a travesty to the metal community to have this record dropped by people who just don't want to help.

If you don't want to help, just say so and step aside. There are millions of fans out there that have no idea we have a new record coming out. That is just not ok. If I had a label, and I don't intend on that now, I would certainly do things differently.

Regarding rumors of the Big Four touring, I have heard nothing about this, other than gossip, and I don't think that anyone would turn it down, but there are a lot of things that would have to be worked out. A LOT!

As far as journalists are concerned, there are good ones and bad ones, and the guys that ask the questions that piss you off, you can only imagine how I feel.

And for the people that are trying to get me to say something about Slayer, here goes:

I am having fun with this, and I hope not to hurt the tour or the fans chance of seeing these two great bands because I have said something I shouldn't have. I am aware that there are comments we all made in the past, but I have tried very, very hard not to make any comments about Slayer, other than their music and concerts, because it is none of my business, and I am much older now than I was when I said the regretable things I said.

I am aware that there is stuff out there that has been said about me, some of it is old, some of it is new. I am disappointed in the new comments, but I am going to remian professional and give Kerry and Tom and Slayer the benefit of the doubt and hope that it is just old stuff, and be the best tourmate that I can be.

Either way, I pray for the guys in Slayer, although they may not want it, but I do. I pray that we'll be friends again someday, I pray that the tour will be as much fun for them as it is for us, and I pray that they will be as happy as we are and more. Remember, three of the members in Megadeth where not even there for the COTT.

So, here is to forgiveness, and hopefully being forgiven for past "stuff".
Creeping Dan

Postby RedBurp on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:51 pm

I'm not reading that its too long.
RedBurp

Postby James on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 pm

+1
thrashduck wrote:And the internet was without uk thrash form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of James moved upon the face of the waters.

"No Hellscourger, I would not like a strawberry."
James
Administrator

Postby Miko on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:58 pm

toooooo looooooooooong ffs :D i wont spend my precious time for that long megadeth text :D
juokaa viinaa se on hyvää... isnt it nice when you cant understand a word im saying :)
Miko

Postby H.O.D. Feemo on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:13 pm

+1
H.O.D. Feemo