Welcome to UK Thrash!

DERISION....uk metal mongers!!

Talk about thrash from the UK.

Moderators: James, Craig, Resilience Records

Re: DERISION....uk metal/thrash

Postby pop on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 pm

DERISION are T Bone (Vocals), Eddie White (Guitars), John Mellor (Drums) and Seddy (Bass). They are an intense and energetic metal band from the north west of England.

"Ancient" their debut album, released in November 2011,recorded and mixed at Urbansound Studios and mastered at Parlour Studios with legendary producer Russ Russell (Napalm Death, Dimmu Borgir) is a massive natural progression from the EP. 9 tracks of metal from a band in full flow, with catchy hooks and aggressive riffs to get heads moving along with tempos to get the blood flowing.

The video for the song "The Ancients" taken from the album, airs on SCUZZ tv, gives you a prime example of what this band is capable of! It has also been aired on Kerrang radio along with many other stations world wide.

2012 will see DERISION hit venues across the UK, be sure NOT to miss em'

You can purchase the debut album "Ancient" at our store website http://www.derisionband.com/store.php

You can also listen to the whole album on spotify.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... cfnn_pCyoQ

Clocking in at just under 50mins,the debut cd from Bolton/Wigan based thrashers Derision pulls no punches from the mauling riffs of opener Pain Of Conviction to the lightspeed buzzsaw riffs of closing track Final Solution.Quite simply,as debut albums go, the quality of material here is on a par with Burn My Eyes by Machine Head.
Dennis Jarman-Planet Mosh
http://www.planetmosh.com/derision-ancient/

Terrorizer

“The quartet ,armed with their testament riffs and vio-lence tone, "The Ancients"a barrage of early 80,s thrash riffs coupled with the borderline death metal sound that gave the teutonic bands their edge.As far as modern thrash goes this is rather a promising start,shying away from the pastiche and going for the jugular.”
pop

Re: DERISION....uk metal mongers!!

Postby pop on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:43 am

Derision will be supporting Evile on their Manchester date at the Acadamy 3.
Friday october 19th.
Tickets available here http://www.evile.co.uk/tour/
pop

Postby Raging Paul on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:28 pm

In my head I pronounced 'mongers' the way that people used to cuss people as though they had Down's syndrome. I swear I remember seeing this video a while back... not a bad effort!
Raging Paul

Postby pop on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Raging Paul wrote:In my head I pronounced 'mongers' the way that people used to cuss people as though they had Down's syndrome. I swear I remember seeing this video a while back... not a bad effort!

Haha! My exact thoughts at the time of reading the article.
It was Bloodstocks description of us, the actual meaning is:-
 A dealer in a specific commodity!
pop

Postby Raging Paul on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:21 am

pop wrote:
Raging Paul wrote:In my head I pronounced 'mongers' the way that people used to cuss people as though they had Down's syndrome. I swear I remember seeing this video a while back... not a bad effort!

Haha yeah I realised that after a few seconds, but it was enough to make me chuckle at first :lol:
Have a good show with Evile!
Raging Paul

Postby pop on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 am

Raging Paul wrote:
pop wrote:

Haha yeah I realised that after a few seconds, but it was enough to make me chuckle at first :lol:
Have a good show with Evile!

I quite like the quote to be honest...as most traditional trades are becoming lost in the age of the internet.
Should be a spot on night with Evile...there may be more dates on the horizon with them.
We are in Birmigham the day after at the Asylum 2 if you fancy coming saying hi...if we are your bag, always wanted to play the home of metal so really looking forward to this. :rockdevil:
pop

Postby Raging Paul on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:59 am

Aaah I would love to, but unfortunately my "Location" information is now a little out of date: I moved to Florida a few months ago... Have a good show though!
Raging Paul

Postby pop on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:57 pm

pop